You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

Sky Dog wrote:

Duff doesn't know what he's talking about.....:P

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nice 14

Sky Dog wrote:

yep Duff also said

"I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year."

oh no, wait, that is the other bass player.

ppp

ppp wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Anybody that pushes that card, I respect. Same thing goes for Dre, NWA all those guys back in the day.

One thing that really has to suck about being famous today (other than the lack of privacy) is fact that you really can't say anything remotely interesting for the rest of your life. Any strong remark you make will be held against you forever. You can't give an opinion on anyone else's talent or say you think someone is an ass or what not. Not unless you want the world judging you, the media attacking you and everyone brining it up every time you do an interview.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good of Duff to clear the air.

It's beyong me how the media decided it was a reunion when he pretty much said all along it was a chance meeting and a one off for a bit of fun and mostly about fixing a friendship.

Starting to wonder how many years VR can drag on the singer search for though and still be considered an actual entity.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

what you said is you like him for his musical talent (like most do here) but that is not liking him as a person. You still did not give  a reason why you liked him as a person.  Most like axl for his musical talent but a lot of people think he is an asshole of a person.

Well I don't know him as a person, so it would be kinda wierd to have a firm view that he's wonderful, or a firm view that he's a prick. Like we really only have the public apperances and words of others and so on.

I must say from that Eddie Trunk interview he seemed funny and intelligent and the kind of guy I'd like to be friends with in real life - even if he wasn't Axl and famous and all that.

Then again there's women who say he's abusive and so on...so I guess there's as much "bad" evidence as "good". So i can't really form an opinion.

But i will say I don't dislike him, and from that interview it sounded like I might well like him. As I was saying earlier we all have good and bad points.

The thing is, it does not matter how nice and geninuine you act when you are on camera (or radio), its how you act behind closed doors, that is what really matters. Just because one one occasion Axl seemed chill does not mean that is how he always is as a person.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

show me one person in the world who never EVER has lost their temper?

.... yeah didnt think so

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also it's worth mentioning if someone has emotional problems of some kind (rage, sadness, anxiety, despression etc) that doesn't make them a bad person overall. A lot of people are good people in general but have these 'problems' that occasionally make them difficult to be around or cause them to suffer sometimes.

I've never met axl, but he seems intelligent, funny and he's sure as hell talented creatively....which makes him a cool person on paper to me.

But I can't really say much more than that without meeting him in real life.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Also it's worth mentioning if someone has emotional problems of some kind (rage, sadness, anxiety, despression etc) that doesn't make them a bad person overall. A lot of people are good people in general but have these 'problems' that occasionally make them difficult to be around or cause them to suffer sometimes.

I've never met axl, but he seems intelligent, funny and he's sure as hell talented creatively....which makes him a cool person on paper to me.

But I can't really say much more than that without meeting him in real life.

I don't understand being anti Axl or anti Slash, or Bumble, either. Kind of silly stance to take.

Sky Dog wrote:

Most everyone has some form of personality disorder. I know I have my fair share of issues. It's called being human.

They are just entertainment to me. They are not my best friends.

Board footer