You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: GnR 2011 North American Tour? (*Rumor*)

jamester wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I'd be on the fence when it comes time to buy a ticket. I saw two great incarnations of the Guns N' Roses brand, but when the 2006 line up rolled out something was missing. But it was still an entertaining show, don't get me wrong. But unless DJ could up the ante from Robin, I'm not sure there is enough to motivate me to see it again.

KV you can find some of the tour here in youtube format. while not near the experience of a live show. you can see a new chemistry develope in the band. and IMHO it evolves into a great sound from axl the whole band and Dj adds his on brand and is a showman. he imo also holds the classics much closer to recorded sound than robin did. In any case i think if you havent already you should watch some of that tour and decide for yourself

ppp

ppp wrote:

Jamester, since you are answering document questions, could you tell us which emails MSL mentioned do and do not exist? It's my understand the Thoughts on Slash/VR/Duff/Enemies List/Irv/Bumbfoot stuff is fake.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jamester wrote:

(if you could find a link i would like to read.)

"Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault." (Scott Weiland, Rolling Stone, 05/15/08 - Issue #1052)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=2283

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm not saying I don't want to see them. I'm saying I don't want to see them for the ticket prices, gas prices, parking prices, and time I'd have to give up to see them. It's hard for me to justify spending that much money on a concert for anyone, so if I did there'd be other groups I'd rather see.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

jamester wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I'd be on the fence when it comes time to buy a ticket. I saw two great incarnations of the Guns N' Roses brand, but when the 2006 line up rolled out something was missing. But it was still an entertaining show, don't get me wrong. But unless DJ could up the ante from Robin, I'm not sure there is enough to motivate me to see it again.

KV you can find some of the tour here in youtube format. while not near the experience of a live show. you can see a new chemistry develope in the band. and IMHO it evolves into a great sound from axl the whole band and Dj adds his on brand and is a showman. he imo also holds the classics much closer to recorded sound than robin did. In any case i think if you havent already you should watch some of that tour and decide for yourself

I do like what I see from DJ. I don't think he's there as the No. 2. . . yet. That said, I don't think Ron will ever be that guy. The vacuum left by Buckethead was quite substantial in 06; I can't imagine how large that vacuum must be now that Robin is gone.

Thanks for the links. I've seen a few of the them. The band sounds great, has chemistry, etc. But I haven't connected with this line up as I did in 01/02 and to a lesser extent, 06.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
jamester wrote:

"Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault." (Scott Weiland, Rolling Stone, 05/15/08 - Issue #1052)

Didn't he apologize, or said he needed to apologize to Axl?

I don't know how I'd feel about a GN'R/STP tour if it happened. It has the makings of being a disaster. AIC would be cool. Or a younger band.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
ppp wrote:

Jamester, since you are answering document questions, could you tell us which emails MSL mentioned do and do not exist? It's my understand the Thoughts on Slash/VR/Duff/Enemies List/Irv/Bumbfoot stuff is fake.

At this point I am still trying to figure out if all of it is fake.

I did already submit I saw ***NO BBF Vs DJ files.*** I also stated that I did not think the rumor came from MSL. I think it was some other forum's speculation?

from that metal sludge-Alleged email list
"053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer."
I remember seeing this file. And wondering why it was kept and why GNR camp would even care. OLD and seemed nothing to do with this camp.  I know more questions rite? But I do not  have the answers.

Slash/VR (some  already available info)
IMO not for public consumption. Only my speculation but I felt from what I read and the verbal overview provided. It was possibly chatter back and forth possibly leading to  and or dealing with Guitar hero and how it seemed to promote VR on Slashes GnR reputation and GnR hits. Again only my feelings and speculation. I did not read the whole file. IMHO this alleged email screen shot is not the juicy tabloid type thing people were hoping for.
IMO it had a misleading title added by MSL for gain/excitement

Duff
MSL showed Only one file dealing with this that I remember. It seemed a mostly positive opinion in an alleged back and forth email or im/txt chat.
I feel this was private conversation between 2 people. Not a big deal. And not some ground breaking thing. I wish I would have skipped this file. and sometimes wonder if the whole meet was worth it.

Alleged Enemies List
**Already available via MSL **
These files contain such a list. Tho it is only a small part of a much  bigger file. MSL provided only a few seconds to view this file. From the overview, MSL comments and what I did read it seemed a bit out of context. there was no such title saying "Enemy list" that i noticed. I can not confirm if any names were added or removed.

Come to think of it is (EDIT:) ~ALL~ Alleged and mostly out of context.

Bumblefoots advice in the other forum haunts me where he says avoid the drama. I read it to late after my trip smile

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
jamester wrote:
ppp wrote:

At this point I am still trying to figure out if all of it is fake.

I did already submit I saw ***NO BBF Vs DJ files.*** I also stated that I did not think the rumor came from MSL. I think it was some other forum's speculation?

from that metal sludge-Alleged email list
"053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer."
I remember seeing this file. And wondering why it was kept and why GNR camp would even care. OLD and seemed nothing to do with this camp.  I know more questions rite? But I do not  have the answers.

Slash/VR (some  already available info)
IMO not for public consumption. Only my speculation but I felt from what I read and the verbal overview provided. It was possibly chatter back and forth possibly leading to  and or dealing with Guitar hero and how it seemed to promote VR on Slashes GnR reputation and GnR hits. Again only my feelings and speculation. I did not read the whole file. IMHO this alleged email screen shot is not the juicy tabloid type thing people were hoping for.
IMO it had a misleading title added by MSL for gain/excitement

Duff
MSL showed Only one file dealing with this that I remember. It seemed a mostly positive opinion in an alleged back and forth email or im/txt chat.
I feel this was private conversation between 2 people. Not a big deal. And not some ground breaking thing. I wish I would have skipped this file. and sometimes wonder if the whole meet was worth it.

Alleged Enemies List
**Already available via MSL **
These files contain such a list. Tho it is only a small part of a much  bigger file. MSL provided only a few seconds to view this file. From the overview, MSL comments and what I did read it seemed a bit out of context. there was no such title saying "Enemy list" that i noticed. I can not confirm if any names were added or removed.

Come to think of it is Alleged and mostly out of context.

Bumblefoots advice in the other forum haunts me where he says avoid the drama. I read it to late after my trip smile

Thanks Jamester. 

What you said just makes me think more and more that MSL was just dressing everything up and spinning it to make it sound more provocative so he could try and sell the info.  It seems like there was a big gap between what MSL made the documents out to be and what they actually were - hence the lack of context.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks for some actual goodies and insight jamester. "karma"

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
jamester wrote:

Didn't he apologize, or said he needed to apologize to Axl?

I don't know how I'd feel about a GN'R/STP tour if it happened. It has the makings of being a disaster. AIC would be cool. Or a younger band.

I would MUCH rather have AIC. Not a big STP fan. But Jerry's supposed to be good friends with Slash & Duff so that "might" and a slight 'might' hang that up.

Then again Baz is friends with both Slash & Duff and Axl, and has stayed that way, so...

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Damn. Dallas is on my birthday and Houston is a day after. It'd be a hell of a present/roadtrip.

Board footer