You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Def Leppard

faldor wrote:
Riad wrote:

Whoever told Def Leppard they could do ballads is an idiot.

They've had one decent ballad and the rest are all meh. They should stick to the more hard rockin stuff they're better at it.

They're a strange beast Leppard. They're like a really top notch hard rock outfit who want so badly to be pop stars that it fucks them up time after time.

Those guys are at their best when they play hard, anything else with them is just shit.

I'm guessing you didn't like this one then? 

Lomax wrote:

Actually...... I did...ahem. It's less sappy than their usual "girl like you/ have you ever needed someone so bad" fare

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I like that song more than their previous ballads as well.

Lomax wrote:

Jesus. I got the hysteria remasters and they are amazing. If you love your ears like I love mine consider getting them the 2006 remaster of Hsyteria or the remaster of adrenalise either, I got both.

I can see now why people make such a big deal about the production and mix on Hysteria. It's got such a huge level of complexity that interweaves perfectly to create cohesive parts and the album still has a huge spacious feel to it. It's nothing short of miraculous that that kind of work was done in 1987 (and by Mutt Lange no less). It blows my mind.

I can't help but wonder what Chinese Democracy could have been with Mutt producing. Of course he is supposedly a very dominant figure so that would not wash well with Axl.

If you're a Leppard fan give this mix of "Excitable" a listen. It's not as good quality as on the album but it's still quite good. Unbelieveable. Then after if that floats your boat try the nuclear mix of Armageddon it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5ci0a8ux8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfVerVv-3tQ

How Leppard did this in 87 over the course of 3 years and a life-times worth of tragedy is beyond me. How  Ax couldnt do it with 14 years with modern digital technology is even more mysterious.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Considering a visit to Spain in June.  I'm in the mood for some good paella and sangria.  Oh, and maybe I'll catch a show.

Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Europe Team Up For Summer Dates - http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/March/ … ates.shtml

Just odered Pyromania and Hysteria from Amazon for just under $20, including shipping.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They were selling a Greatest Hits called Vault at Best Buy for like 9 or 11 bucks; so I'm going to pick that up when the money comes in onto my account from my last paycheck. That Hysteria remaster does sound quite appealing though.

That sounds like a cool show, Razor. Hope you are able to do it and rock out!

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I don't actually think I'll be able to manage it, but we shall see. Stranger things have happened.

Me when coming across this article: 11

Lomax wrote:

On their last Tour back in 2010 I saw Def Leppard,Whitesnake and Journey with Tesla opening. I can safely say it was the greatest concert I've ever seen and I've seen a l lot of "amazing" live bands (chilli's, foo's, Kasabian, Queens of The Stoneage, Oasis even Leonard Cohen).
Journey were good the new singer though, it's just not the same with him.
Tesla? I don't remember much of them.
Whitesnake? I used to think they were like poison or warrant, just useless cock rock. How wrong I was. They were amazing. I rushed out and bought their back catalog on CD after that. They were touring behind good to be bad and Leppard were touring behind the sparkle lounge.
two great albums by bands that shouldn't be making great albums this far into their careers.
If this tour comes within 200 miles over land, sea or arctic thundra I'll be there.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Dam, you just multiplied my 11. I have family in La Coruña too, so visiting them would help me justify the expense to myself, but I doubt I'll be able to take the time away from work.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Set list for the first Vegas show, and a fan video of the show. (though I'm not sure if the video links are working)

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/03/video … s.html?m=1

First set:

01. Good Morning Freedom 02. Wasted 03. Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes) 04. Foolin' 05. Promises 06. When Love And Hate Collide 07. Let It Go 08. Slang 09. Bringin' On The Heartbreak 10. Switch 625

Second set – "Hysteria" performed live:

11. Women 12. Rocket 13. Animal 14. Love Bites 15. Pour Some Sugar On Me 16. Armageddon It 17. Gods Of War 18. Don't Shoot Shotgun 19. Run Riot 20. Hysteria 21. Excitable 22. Love And Affection

Encore:

23. Rock Of Ages 24. Photograph

Board footer