You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Def Leppard

jamester wrote:

DEF LEPPARD Singer Says New Songs 'Are All Very Different To Each Other' - Mar. 2, 2011
DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott spoke to Billboard.com about the three new songs that will appear on the band's new live album, "Mirrorball", due out this summer.
leppardlogo.jpg
"When we decided to do (the live album), it just got said — I don't know by who — 'Why don't we chuck a couple of new songs on the end?'" Elliott tells Billboard.com. "And that two became three, and in fairness it could've been four if we'd just had a little bit more time. But we wanted to tour this summer, so any fourth or fifth song we had brewing, we'll save them for the next record."

Regarding the three new tracks — "Undefeated", "All About Believin'" and "Kings Of The World" — Elliott says, "They're all very different to each other. They don't sound specifically like any previous DEF LEPPARD songs, but they sound like DEF LEPPARD songs. They have to have our identity on them, otherwise they might as well be Tom Waits or R.E.M. We have a signature sound that we're not scared of anymore."

DEF LEPPARD will continue to write new material while on the road this summer, with the hopes of "pull[ing] together the other seven or eight songs" for the band's next album. Elliott tells Billboard.com, "We'd start recording them when the tour's over and hopefully have them ready for summer of 2012... or if not, then out in the autumn for the Christmas market."

Read more from Billboard.com.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only two Def Leppard albums anyone will ever need is Pyromania & Hysteria.

Greatness Part I & Part II. Everything else is just pissin' in the wind.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I liked their last album, "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge".  And they always put on a good show, while touring consistently.  They took a year off last year after touring every year the previous 5 years or so.  I saw them 5 times in a 4 year span.  They're touring again this summer, but I'm supposed to be away when they come near me.  Looks like I'll miss them this time around.  They always have solid openers too.  In the past I've seen Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Poison, Cheap Trick.  This time around it's Heart.

But yeah, their shows are filled with material from Hysteria and Pyromania.  It's basically the modern day Hysteria tour.  It puts GNR playing AFD to shame.  At least with GNR you'll get 4+new songs.  Def Leppard gives you one, MAYBE two.  And like I said, I liked their last album so I wouldn't have minded more.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, i've kind of appreciated those 2006 GN'R sets a little more.

Ozzy only performed ONE song off of his new album, and everything else was Tears all the way back to Sabbath.

He knows when his 'zenith' was too. I just wish Axl would perform more UYI songs.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Rolling Stone   RollingStone

.@def_leppard is about to play RS Live acoustic set in our hall. But first they're eating lunch. Soundcheck="Hysteria" + "Pour Some Sugar" 23 minutes ago via web

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
DEF LEPPARD Members Perform Acoustically For ROLLING STONE Magazine (Video) http://bit.ly/fYdyDA
Watch here  (More than one song in the set let the video play)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

jamester

jamester wrote:

DEF LEPPARD Singer Interviewed On 'Mark And Brian Show' (Audio) - Mar. 17, 2011
DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott was interviewed on the March 9, 2011 edition of the Los Angeles-based "Mark And Brian Show", which airs on 95.5 KLOS Southern California's Best Rock. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.defleppard.com/news/
ilaa.jpg
Last month, Def Leppard announced their triumphant return to US stages with a summer tour kicking off on June 15 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Twenty additional shows have been confirmed for the Live Nation produced tour and are set to go on sale beginning March 11th at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com (for a list of dates please see below). Joining Def Leppard for this highly anticipated tour are Seattle rock legends Heart.

Jun 15 - West Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
Jun 17 - Tampa, FL (1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre)
Jun 18 - Atlanta, GA (Aarons Amphitheatre at Lakewood)
Jun 19 - Orange Beach, AL (Amphitheater @ the Wharf)
Jun 22 - Charlotte, NC (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
Jun 24 - Raleigh, NC (Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion)
Jun 25 - Virginia Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Jun 26 - Philadelphia, PA (Susquehanna Bank Center)
Jun 29 - Scranton, PA (Toyota Pavilion)
Jun 30 - Boston, MA (Comcast Center)
Jul 2 - Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)
Jul 3 - Hershey, PA (Hersheypark Stadium)
Jul 5 - Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest)
Jul 7 - Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center)
Jul 9 - Washington, DC (Jiffy Lube Live)
Jul 10 - Saratoga Springs, NY (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)
Jul 12 - Wantagh, NY (Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre)
Jul 13 - Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Jul 15 - Chicago, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
Jul 17 - Cadott, WI (Rock Fest)
Jul 19 - Tulsa, OK (BOK Center)
Jul 20 - Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion)
Jul 22 - Houston, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Jul 23 - New Orleans, LA (New Orleans Arena)
Jul 24 - San Antonio, TX (AT&T Center)
Aug 8 - Sturgis, SD (Buffalo Chip)
Aug 10 - St. Louis, MO (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Aug 12 - Indianapolis, IN (Verizon Wireless Music Center)
Aug 13 - Des Moines, IA (Iowa State Fair)
Aug 17 - Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug 20 - Pittsburgh, PA (First Niagara Pavilion)
Aug 21 - Buffalo, NY (Darien Lake Performing Arts Center)
Aug 24 - Cleveland, OH (Blossom Music Center)
Aug 26 - St. Paul, MN (Minnesota State Fair)
Aug 27 - Kansas City, MO (Sprint Center)
Aug 29 - Denver, CO (Comfort Dental Amphitheatre)
Aug 31 - Salt Lake City, UT (USANA Amphitheatre)
Sep 2 - Albuquerque, NM (The Pavilion)
Sep 9 - San Francisco, CA (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
Sep 11 - Sacramento, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
Sep 14 - Portland, OR (Sleep Country Amphitheater)
Sep 15 - Seattle, WA (White River Amphitheatre)

(Jun 19 - Orange Beach, AL (Amphitheater @ the Wharf my show!) smile

Board footer