You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Dj Ashba "Axl Rose Is One Of The Nicest Guys I've Met"; Video Inter

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl isn't even close to those guys in talent.  Axl makes up ground on showmanship, but there are literally dozens of famous people with more talent and likely thousands that never caught a break with more.  I get that it's a GnR fan site, but sometimes you guys get lost on perspective.

Axl has a pretty damn unique voice, regardless of "showmanship."

Unique is fine.  If Axl was at his best live, he might be right there with the best of them.  He's off far more than he is on, and that is why he falls short.

Most singers don't go in a full sprint while trying to sing. Most just stand there like a statue. It makes a direct comparison difficult IMHO.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

When Axl is on, I reckon he's untouchable as a frontman. He can still drag out ridiculously long notes of singing holding his rasp, and he has charisma about him that is unmatched too.

But as buzzsaw said, he's usually more off than he is on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Bono(& The Edge) =  most talented. Never relied on cover songs, write all their own material and lyrics, have countless timeless classics, remain the top touring draw in the world 30= years into their career and  STILL pump out classic tunes such as Moment of Surrender and Magnificent. As far as performers go say what you want about Bono but he holds a U2 crowd in the palm of his hand just as well as Axl holds  Gn'R crowd in the palm of his hand and to be honest Bono has far surpassed Axl in that department in the year 2011.

ok so maybe Bono or the guys in U2 aren't the most talented but I can make a strong case can't I.

Honestly the most talented people are the ones none of us will ever hear of. Sad but true.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Countless timeless classics... yet I couldn't name ten if someone had a loaded gun to my head.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Honestly the most talented people are the ones none of us will ever hear of. Sad but true.

dunno about that.. we all know & have heard of buzzsaw, so that's something to be thankful for!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

if u2 disbanded and bono preformed with hired hands they would drop down to gnr's current popularity if not further down.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl rose does everything wrong....goes on late, doesn't promote, doesn't communicate with the fans/media, doesn't release music, etc.

yet when he shows up with a bunch of no-names people go to see HIM.

that's why people in the industry call him a "true artist"

all there is to him is his craft - no more no less

that is enough for him and enough to sustain a fan base.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I actually fell asleep at a U2 concert, granted I was hammered but still 16

On a differnet note: The first time I saw U2 was in my hometown of Carlow, Ireland. They weren't big at the time and played in a small shithole of a pub (the kind that would serve 15 year olds). The owner told them they were crap and to get off stage and then threw them out. I remember Bono was interviewed on a chat show not too long after called "The Late Late Show" and said the incident inspired him even more to make it big, so he could return and make the guy eat his own words.

True story.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

U2 never relied on cover songs huh? Then who is it playing on half of the Rattle & Hum album? Because it's credited to U2 so now I'm confused.

Also, of course Bono can hold people who paid $300 a ticket to see him in the palm of his hand. Go show a dvd of the current U2 tour to someone unfamiliar with U2, Bono won't hold the same effect. The other 3 guys will for certain.

Are you fucking serious? Angel of Harlem, All I Want is You, Desire, When Love Comes to Town ALL orginal U2 songs relased as singles off Rattle and Hum. U2 has never relied on a  cover song unless it's been for a charity type thing. To suggest they have is ridiculous and to even bring up Rattle and Hum which was an album they relased well after they gained their fame is stupid. Plus the covers on that album are live covers taken from their concerts so what's your point here? I'm guessing there isn't one.

And for the record russtcb U2 doesn't charge $300 a ticket and the average price for a U2 show is $100. I for one saw them 9 times on the 360 tour and I paid over $100 ONCE. One time and for 6 of those shows I paid $75 or less and had amazing floor seats so now what?  Plus they have opening acts like Muse, Snow Patrol and Black Eyed Peas etc.. This bullshit idea that U2 rips people off is fueld by ignornace and haters. End of story.  Big difference to paying $90 for a mock version of Gn'R with the same opening act they always have.

War wrote:

if u2 disbanded and bono preformed with hired hands they would drop down to gnr's current popularity if not further down.

Maybe if he toured as Bono but if he toured as U2 fat chance. he'd destroy Axl because most people look at U2 as Bono and the U2 banner holds so much more weight than the Gn'R banner. If you even begin to deny this you're dellusional.  Axl tours as Guns N' Roses people not as Axl Rose. HUGE  difference yet so many of you refuse to ever aknowledge this fact.  If Axl was touring with a  bunch of no names as Axl Rose he'd be playing small venues but he tours under the Gn'R banner so he plays half full arenas. Incredible that some of you continueally fail to grasp this concept.

Board footer