You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Dj Ashba "Axl Rose Is One Of The Nicest Guys I've Met"; Video Inter

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yes. I'm quite serious. I'm well aware of what the track list is on Rattle & Hum and it's quite full of covers besides live versions of their own songs. Point being if you want to attempt to insult one artist by pointing out another that has never covers, you may want to remember a big part of the last ones catalog first.

U2 way overcharges = my opinion. I don't have to log in every so often to call other people ignorant or stupid just because they disagree.

Is there any chance we can get the thread back on topic? I thought we were done with having to turn every thread into a U2 vs The World debate because of one persons opinion.

Explain to me Russ what you think they should have charged for the show in New York when Muse opend? I paid $55 to see U2 and Muse. What fucking cloud are you living on that tells you they over charge?  For each show they had 10 000 seats available for $75 or less not including the GA seats which were that much or less as well. I've seen bands like Muse, Snow Patrol, Interpol, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Keane,etc.., all at U2 shows and all for ticket prices less than what I have paid for the last 4 Guns N' Roses concerst I've been to. But in YOUR opinion U2 over charges for ticket prices. Ok dude whatever ya think.

I never made an attempt to insult any one atrtist. That's you being overly sensitive and rushing to Gn'R's defense. Someone made a comment about Elvis not writing his own music, someone made a comment about Gn'R doing covers I made a comment that U2 has never done either in terms of releasing them as singles so calm the fuck down and comprehend what was said instead of freaking out that Rattle and Hum had a few live covers on it. My post was all for debate and not ment to inslut Axl, Elvis or you. And why can we talk Elvis and MJ ina  Gn'R topic but the second I bring up U2 with what in my opinion are some valid points people have a shit fit that it's not a U2 board and start bashing U2 about tickets prices and other completely irrelevant bullshit?   I bring U2 up in conversation when I feel it's relevant or I can make a valid point in comparison to what's being discussed. It's you and others who turn it into a hate fest.

If you read my original post russ I said "ok maybe they aren't the most talented but I can make a good case for them".  Not sure why people need to cry about it like I just spit in their mothers face or something.

For the record I think Robert Smith is the most latented lyricist ever. Whoa! are we all gonna cry like little bitches now that I mentioned the Cure and Robert Smith or is it just U2 I'm not allowed to mention. roll Part of me thinks you guys get pissed off at the mention of U2 cause it bothers you they have had the career Gn'R should've had.

But Pardon me I'll not logon again for a few weeks.

Honestly go back and read it russ. Who is it exactly that made it into a U2 vs The World topic? That would be you and War and others.  The only people to start bitching and moaning and hating are you guys.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Part of me thinks you guys get pissed off at the mention of U2 cause it bothers you they have had the career Gn'R should've had.

Eh, two totally different bands with totally different agendas. GN'R was always a ticking time bomb. Hell, their debut album's title summed it up pretty well. The only thing U2 and GN'R ever had in common was popularity.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Jesus is that the real Bono? He's about as interesting

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

In fairness to Bono, he makes some valid points.

U2's show is  a huge spectacle and the backing bands are premier league also. As he said, Muse & U2 for $55.. that's 31/2 hours of music for 16 bucks an hour.

Plus U2 sold out all over the world, if they were too expensive that would not have happened.

Right now, things are so deathly quiet I don't care who people want to bring into these threads, once it gives me something to read over my morning coffee I'm happy.

The great thing about this forum is that most people can construct sentences that exhibit some real cranial activity. Amen to that.

Bono fulfills a role in these forums, he is a massive U2 fan and a massive GNR fan and he quite reasonably compares the trajectory both bands took.
If that bores you, angers you etc I'd respectfully say to you to use the 'ignore' function.

Its all good in the end really.

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Its all good in the end really.

Deep

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Part of me thinks you guys get pissed off at the mention of U2 cause it bothers you they have had the career Gn'R should've had.

Eh, two totally different bands with totally different agendas. GN'R was always a ticking time bomb. Hell, their debut album's title summed it up pretty well. The only thing U2 and GN'R ever had in common was popularity.

Said it before, say it again...

GN'R were The Sex Pistols. It was meant to burn out the way it did. 1987-1993, Guns N' Roses were the greatest rock band of their generation.

You don't need 80 fucking albums, and 30 years of fading away into "no one gives a fuck" oblivion to get street cred for being the biggest and best of 20 years ago.

History already wrote that book.

21 22

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono could make a very strong argument that U2 was just as big from 87-93 (Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa).

Plus, the Sex Pistols only had one album of original studio material compared to Gnr's 4 (AFD, Lies, UYI 1 and UYI 2). Sex Pistols aren't a good comparison to Gnr. 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think anyone touched gnr in 91-93 popularity wise, but U2 was definately very successful in that time frame as well

zooropa was the beginning of the end IMHO though they have managed to stay relevant and successful (and all original) through the years. they definately deserve props for their accomplishments whether or not they are a band that i would listen to

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

U2 has written and released a ton of solid tunes for several decades, consistently. that's why they are big/popular. they're proffessionals and have done things by the book while grooming their fan base.

gnr, like bono said, are a perfect example of "what could've been".

they have done everything the wrong way and got so big so fast and imploaded from the inside out.

i don't think anyone is sensitive or defensive about that though.

I think A lot of people, including myself, find raw talent and expression more artisticly appealing than overacheivment.

just my opinion.

Board footer