You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Dj Ashba "Axl Rose Is One Of The Nicest Guys I've Met"; Video Inter

Intercourse wrote:

Intercourse wrote:
Its all good in the end really.

Deep

glad you spotted that..

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Neemo wrote:

zooropa was the beginning of the end IMHO though they have managed to stay relevant and successful (and all original) through the years. they definately deserve props for their accomplishments whether or not they are a band that i would listen to

I think a lot of U2 fans would privately agree with you Neemo.
Has there ever been a band that as they got older got more experimental & relevant?

U2, Metallica, Chilis, AC/DC, Stones, Eagles.. they all seem to become a rehash of themselves after a couple of decades, seems unavoidable.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

fuck bono (u2 bono) & u2
the bottom line is axl's done more positive for the music industry than greedy captialist fatcats like bono & the edge have ever, or could ever dream of

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It doesnt really need to be a versus thing to me.

I'm not a massive U2 fan as they're a bit light for my modern tastes, but I liked them as a kid, and followed them casually till around popmart.

I don't love every track, far from it, but it's hard to deny they've written some great songs if you look at their entire back catalogue - there's more than a few memorable hits there.

That said, I much prefer GNR and Axl, but I can see how someone could be the other way around.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono could make a very strong argument that U2 was just as big from 87-93 (Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa).

Plus, the Sex Pistols only had one album of original studio material compared to Gnr's 4 (AFD, Lies, UYI 1 and UYI 2). Sex Pistols aren't a good comparison to Gnr. 19

Lies is simply two EP's thrown together to make another EP, but not an actual album. UYI I & II could be combined as a double-album effort.

So in a nutshell, the only real difference between GN'R & TSP, is that GN'R at one more original album than them.

Sky Dog wrote:

Gnr officially released 46 original songs from 87-91......the Sex Pistols only had 12 officially released original songs.

Don't fuck with Jock, JR!;)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

^^^^^^^flawless victory

Sky Dog wrote:

Gnr, to me, is more akin to Aerosmith from 73-79, Nirvana 89-95,  or Van Halen from 78-84 (Roth Era).

ps....granted, 87-93 Gnr was bigger and better than all of those bands in my opinion.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono could make a very strong argument that U2 was just as big from 87-93 (Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa).

Difference is GN'R somehow managed to become huge while doing everything in the world to be hated by everyone, whether it was a song with racist/homophobic lyrics or causing riots during the UYI Tour. U2 was and is a political band that tries their best to do the right thing and not step on anyone's toes. It's a lot easier to be liked by everyone when you aren't offending them every other minute. Somehow people just didn't care about all the baggage attached to GN'R. The music itself managed to overcome all the self-inflicted negative publicity.

Board footer