You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Black Sabbath

BLS-Pride wrote:
NoKnownName wrote:

http://www.futuro.cl/destacados/black-s … ado-de-13/
End of the Beginning streaming now!!!!

I am so tempted to listen but I will hold out as long as I can. Thanks for posting it though dude.

If anyone has never seen this.. its funny as fuck. Fro a autograph signing.. Dio version tho. The fan is nuts.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I'd imagine that guy lives in a van.....DOWN BY THE RIVER!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The god is dead song sucks

I couldn't make it half way through, very disappointed.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It suffers by the lyrics mostly. Sounds like Ozzy recycling phrases and easy rhymes.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

One more week to go everybody. I'm picking this up on release since I'm able to head towards a store before my shift starts smile Hearing good early press thus far even though GID? hasn't been up to par. The newer songs that I heard from the live footage vids have me pumped and hearing good riffs and lyrical concepts.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The album is streaming on Itunes for those who have it. I do not so I am kinda happy about that. Id be tempted to listen.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah I understand you want the full experience when you pick it up next week. I'll probably do the stream for curiosity sake and I'm going to buy it on CD and maybe do the bonus deal next week. Since I already a bought a couple albums on iTunes since I don't have much room left for CDs and vinyl. Listing to it tonight and give my full thoughts and impressions afterwards.

Me_Wise_Magic

Got around to listening to the stream. Album sounds fucking sick! Iommi proofs he is the still the riff king, Ozzy's best vocals in years, Brad nails the drum sound even the lack of Ward can be felt, and some epic moments throughout most of the tracks. Bonus songs not included in the stream which was fine. God sounded better than the last time I listened to it; but it's definitely the weakest song on the album. That being said you aren't going to be disappointed, BLS. Some songs I find are going to grow; but it's the classic Sabbath sound no doubt. Should I wait to give my thoughts on the other songs for next week so you guys get a chance?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
smoke wrote:

It suffers by the lyrics mostly. Sounds like Ozzy recycling phrases and easy rhymes.

Speaking of which,

According to Geezer there was an eleventh hour reshuffle in terms of the lyrics. Why?

Rick Rubin: Ozzy wasn't happy from the beginning with the lyrics he had, and historically Geezer always wrote the lyrics on the Black Sabbath albums. It was as much a combination of Ozzy not being happy with the lyrics and Geezer having so much to offer lyrically. He wrote amazing lyrics on the album. It really was a mutual decision. It wasn't me saying, These lyrics are shit, it was Ozzy saying 'I don't like these lyrics, we need to get Geezer to write some more'.

src

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
smoke wrote:

Speaking of which,

According to Geezer there was an eleventh hour reshuffle in terms of the lyrics. Why?

Rick Rubin: Ozzy wasn't happy from the beginning with the lyrics he had, and historically Geezer always wrote the lyrics on the Black Sabbath albums. It was as much a combination of Ozzy not being happy with the lyrics and Geezer having so much to offer lyrically. He wrote amazing lyrics on the album. It really was a mutual decision. It wasn't me saying, These lyrics are shit, it was Ozzy saying 'I don't like these lyrics, we need to get Geezer to write some more'.

src

Really interesting. I still think a lot of God Is Dead sounds like Ozzy lyrics, but I'm glad GZR wrote for this album! Preordered the deluxe version today.

Board footer