You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bumblefoot Giving Guitar Lessons?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I would not  want his one on one attention. I would show up to Skype or watch a mass lesson like youtube.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would.

You learn so much from watching and being able to interact with great players.

I like video lessons ala youtube but sometimes its best to be able to ask a direct question the way you can in person, or i guess in theory on skype.

Like rus said I might feel like i was wasting his time given how far beneath him I am, but then it would be an honour to learn with someone like him or Satch that is a true master of the craft.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wonder how he would do it? it'd be wicked if he did like teaching people how to play his solo stuff or CD tunes like youtube vids...but for personal lessons i wonder how much those would cost? hmm

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah the price could be a deal breaker I guess if it's too extreme.

Not that bumble as one of the best guitarists in the world can't command a decent wage - but I'll also have to consider it against my budget, technical limitations involved in learning via skype and so on.

But i'm definately interested...I know Chris Broderick of megadeth used to give lessons pre-joinging megadeth and that would have been impressive too i'm sure.

Also from what i've seen on youtube bumble is good at teaching stuff.

I find there's two key factors when finding a teacher:

#1 - How much better is the guy than you. (Don't say that to be arrogant but I find its a mix around here if  you go to a store for a lessson, sometimes you get a guitar god who can play anything in his sleep, sometimes you get kids who have some basic skills but can't really do what you want either. Not that they can't play well. But there's a lot of intermediate players who seem to become teachers.)

#2 - How does that skill translate into being able to show another person. (I know a shred teacher who is one of the best guitarists i've ever seen - but I don't think he knows how to explain what he does well - so you end up just drooling at his abilities but go home and can't work out what you do wrong).

Bumble seems like a good mix to me, clearly he's thousands of times better than me, and he also seems to have good communication skills that he'd be able to teach well.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BBF facebook in thread reply!
161960_6055603084_2623266_q.jpg

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot Any age, any skill level smile
13 hours ago

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot No ChatRoulette during our lessons....!!!
13 hours ago

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot Actually I'm thinkin' $1.50/minute... aahhh!!! Trickiest part is figuring out the student selection process, gotta make sure it's not chaos, gotta think about it............... tongue
15 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 person

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot Jake << How much will it cost? >> Not sure what to charge... wish I didn't have to, but time is so scarce and the bills keep on comin' tongue Thinkin' around $1/minute, any amount of time is ok, any skill level... waddya think, sound ok?
16 hours ago

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot There's a social app company that I'll be doing a sort of fanclub type social app, will try to work in giveaways & contests - free lesson would be one of the things with that...
16 hours ago

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot PayPal I'm thinkin' - I may up the price depending on if I gotta or not (if I'm putting stuff aside to teach 40 hours a week and start falling into a financial hole because of it, then I may have to up the price....)
16 hours ago · Like

BBF wrote:

Bumblefoot Tom A. << Penny for your chords. >> Lol, nice!
16 hours ago

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Wow...personally I'd consider that a pretty cheap price all things considered.

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtop … c&start=15

BBF wrote:

The point of this would be to teach the student based on their own needs - can't do that with a how-to video lesson.....

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer