You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Japan: death toll could exceed 18,000, Nuclear problems continue

jamester wrote:

DREAM THEATER Keyboardist Sends 'Musical Thoughts' To Friends In Japan - Mar. 17, 2011
DREAM THEATER keyboardist Jordan Rudess has posted a "musical message" to his "friends in Japan" following the 8.9-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami that shook the country early Friday morning and left more than five thousand killed and many more missing. Check it out below.

Japan's National Police Agency reported at 6 p.m. Thursday that 5,457 people are confirmed dead; 9,508 have been reported missing; and 2,409 were injured.

Uploaded by JCRUDESS on  Mar 12, 2011

A musical message for my friends in Japan who are dealing with this terrible natural disaster. 3/11/2011

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Beautiful, except he gets a bit off track towards the 2-minute mark trying to show off with his DT technical noodly stuff.

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS have just released their ninth free track, "Lightning Strikes", via RollingStone.com. PUMPKINS leader Billy Corgan says the song is "dedicated with affection to Mark Tulin...and all our great Japanese fans who are in our prayers."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they are talking about burrying the reactors now sad

jamester

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

they are talking about burrying the reactors now sad

the blogs say thats a last ditch effort and beyond repair. the fear is that filling them in with concrete will make that area off limits for decades. does anyone have any footage or official news link i cant find one on it yet.
A2qVX.jpg
yRdtO.jpg
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/1 … 35553.html

It looks like Gilbert got/may get  fired from Aflac for being insensitive.
GOTTFRIEDTWITTER.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta be honest, that is in terribly poor taste and absolutely classless.

But it's damn funny. Heard about it a few days ago.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's such a fine line with humour.

Like that's appauling taste but I guess that's also why it would be considered funny, the shock and inapporpriate nature of it is part of it.

I think one of the good things about humanity is the ability to find humour in even the most rancid of situations as a moment of light in the darkness - and I'm sure on a real level he's as upset about japan as the rest of us. But yeah...pretty questionable thing to say when there's thousands dead and so on.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Gibbstack  Benjamin Gibbard
by swreverb
pledge now & i will match your donation to 826LA with one to the red cross Japanese relief effort! WIN/WIN!!! http://tinyurl.com/6geqxly
14 minutes ago

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's such a fine line with humour.

Like that's appauling taste but I guess that's also why it would be considered funny, the shock and inapporpriate nature of it is part of it.

I think one of the good things about humanity is the ability to find humour in even the most rancid of situations as a moment of light in the darkness - and I'm sure on a real level he's as upset about japan as the rest of us. But yeah...pretty questionable thing to say when there's thousands dead and so on.

Even still I would probably say it's too soon. Tragedy + Time = Comedy. The time just ain't there, not yet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Agreed for sure.

Board footer