You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Ron Visiting Israel For Benefit Show

DCK wrote:

I'm not offended, I'm pissed off by peoples genious ideas of mixing a silly concert with politics.

That's what we do here. We sometimes agree, sometimes we get annoyed and then we also get pissed off. It's called a forum. It's for debate, usually the debate ends up in the right thread.

Being "offended", though maybe the word is a bit strong, is what fuels this and any other board. Offended is just a brother to arguing and we do that over Axl usually every day.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I, like someone else said earlier, find the views rather interesting. I just feel this thread is not the place for it.

If any of you would want to discuss it further you could make a thread in the garden. I personally would love to read more from you guys about how you feel about it. I reckon it would make a great debate, especially with the passion some of you seem to have on the subject.

I cannot say I know enough about it to have an informed opinion on it myself.

With regards to Ron, I say best of luck to him.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

...genious ideas...

Ironic. 14

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i have no interest in discussing politics any further ...

a local israeli band has apparently asked Ron to guest with them to remember the haulocaust...we dont even know if this is true or bullshit but its gone way far from that topic

And that's all there is to it. The rest should be stayed out off. We can discuss that somewhere else instead of mixing Ron Thals concert in Israel together with retarded vegetable boycotts.

Naltav wrote:

Ok, to make it even more "stupid", I don't even buy vegetables or fruit if it says "Made in Isreal". Not saying the farmer is bombing the fuck out of an entire "country" who he allready have imprisoned. I just feel this sort of humanitarian obligation not to suport ANY business coming from Isreal, until they start behaving according to reality and not some ancient, fairytale, God-given sense of entitlement. Not saying that Isreal is the only wrongdoing part here, but they hold the key to the solution and don't seem to have any desire to use it. I have no hope in seeing a resolution to that conflict in my lifetime, but I do feel the need to make my little "stand" and maybe encourage my daughter in years to come to be able to see the world and it's inhabitants as just that. Inhabitants of ONE world instead of divided sections of tribes.
We are all on one organic spaceship hurling through space at an insane speed. Ancient books and prophecies telling you what is "your promised piece of land" should have NO say in ANY matter! Period! It's 2011, let's turn that fucking page already!

Congratulations with your "taking the high horse" route on this conflict. It's very Norwegian of you, butting in on every conflict you think you know everything there is to know about, sitting up in your mountain country having opinions about shit you truly have no clue about. I'm sure you think you do anyway, the medias been full of it.

I laugh every time I hear people not buying Israeli veggies. Better fucking turn off your computer too mate, because the Israelis are the leading experts on several parts in it. Don't expect you to come back here any time soon then, as the Internet won't work without those hardware pieces. Oh, and if you get cancer, make sure to boycott a couple of treatments as well, as Israeli doctors are world leaders in that area too. Better go all the way eh? Or does it stop with the veggies?

Some of your views are nothing but prejudice, and you're not one step better than the people you are trying to boycott.

If Neemo or anyone else want to delete this post or move it into The Garden, then I'm all for it.

DCK, you usually make good, well thought out arguments around this board, this one....not so much!

I won't claim to know EVERYTHING about this stuff, but the Palestinian/Isreal conflict have been a source of interest of mine for some years now. I've read books on it, watched/downloaded documentaries and tried to look at the situation from both sides.

A former colleague of mine is Jewish. Trying to convince her that Isreal are "misbehaving" was just as futile as convincing someone that the sky is purple. Me and her quickly found out which topics not to touch. We got along great and still do whenever we run into each other at parties and stuff.

There seem to be extremes on both sides of the conflict. Sadly the people that are somewhere in between and willing to negotiate are drowned out by acts from the extremists on both sides. Doesn't matter if it's the "take-every-hill-and-build-a-house-because-this-is-our-promised-land" mentality from certain Isrealies or the "Isreal-doesnt-have-the-right-to-exist" mentality from certain Palestinians. But there is no doubt in my mind what side of the conflict are doing the most damage to finding some kind of middle ground so that lives will be spared and families on both sides could find some way of living any kind of "normal" lives.

Does it solve the problem if I don't buy vegetables from Isreal? No! Will me taking the bus or riding my bike to and from work save the planet? No!
But I do anyway, because it feels right for me. And maybe, just maybe over time, my actions may cause some of my closest friends and family to think differently about certain "problems". And certain problems and conflicts will likely take generations of alltered behaviour.

And all countries in the world should up their protest and boycott of Isreal, and that's one of the reasons I vote the way I do at elections. And look at that!!! We're back to why I feel my favorite band should take a stand on the subject.

johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'm with you DCK....a shocking amount of prejudice on display.

wtf
weird reading of the thread

anyone know, are Salem any good? i've heard of them down thru the years but never got round to listening to them..
(obv if they are decent i'd d/l their albums! wouldn't give them my money! wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i have no interest in discussing politics any further ...

a local israeli band has apparently asked Ron to guest with them to remember the haulocaust...we dont even know if this is true or bullshit but its gone way far from that topic

And that's all there is to it. The rest should be stayed out off. We can discuss that somewhere else instead of mixing Ron Thals concert in Israel together with retarded vegetable boycotts.

Naltav wrote:

Ok, to make it even more "stupid", I don't even buy vegetables or fruit if it says "Made in Isreal". Not saying the farmer is bombing the fuck out of an entire "country" who he allready have imprisoned. I just feel this sort of humanitarian obligation not to suport ANY business coming from Isreal, until they start behaving according to reality and not some ancient, fairytale, God-given sense of entitlement. Not saying that Isreal is the only wrongdoing part here, but they hold the key to the solution and don't seem to have any desire to use it. I have no hope in seeing a resolution to that conflict in my lifetime, but I do feel the need to make my little "stand" and maybe encourage my daughter in years to come to be able to see the world and it's inhabitants as just that. Inhabitants of ONE world instead of divided sections of tribes.
We are all on one organic spaceship hurling through space at an insane speed. Ancient books and prophecies telling you what is "your promised piece of land" should have NO say in ANY matter! Period! It's 2011, let's turn that fucking page already!

Congratulations with your "taking the high horse" route on this conflict. It's very Norwegian of you, butting in on every conflict you think you know everything there is to know about, sitting up in your mountain country having opinions about shit you truly have no clue about. I'm sure you think you do anyway, the medias been full of it.

I laugh every time I hear people not buying Israeli veggies. Better fucking turn off your computer too mate, because the Israelis are the leading experts on several parts in it. Don't expect you to come back here any time soon then, as the Internet won't work without those hardware pieces. Oh, and if you get cancer, make sure to boycott a couple of treatments as well, as Israeli doctors are world leaders in that area too. Better go all the way eh? Or does it stop with the veggies?

Some of your views are nothing but prejudice, and you're not one step better than the people you are trying to boycott.

If Neemo or anyone else want to delete this post or move it into The Garden, then I'm all for it.

DCK, you usually make good, well thought out arguments around this board, this one....not so much!

I won't claim to know EVERYTHING about this stuff, but the Palestinian/Isreal conflict have been a source of interest of mine for some years now. I've read books on it, watched/downloaded documentaries and tried to look at the situation from both sides.

A former colleague of mine is Jewish. Trying to convince her that Isreal are "misbehaving" was just as futile as convincing someone that the sky is purple. Me and her quickly found out which topics not to touch. We got along great and still do whenever we run into each other at parties and stuff.

There seem to be extremes on both sides of the conflict. Sadly the people that are somewhere in between and willing to negotiate are drowned out by acts from the extremists on both sides. Doesn't matter if it's the "take-every-hill-and-build-a-house-because-this-is-our-promised-land" mentality from certain Isrealies or the "Isreal-doesnt-have-the-right-to-exist" mentality from certain Palestinians. But there is no doubt in my mind what side of the conflict are doing the most damage to finding some kind of middle ground so that lives will be spared and families on both sides could find some way of living any kind of "normal" lives.

Does it solve the problem if I don't buy vegetables from Isreal? No! Will me taking the bus or riding my bike to and from work save the planet? No!
But I do anyway, because it feels right for me. And maybe, just maybe over time, my actions may cause some of my closest friends and family to think differently about certain "problems". And certain problems and conflicts will likely take generations of alltered behaviour.

And all countries in the world should up their protest and boycott of Isreal, and that's one of the reasons I vote the way I do at elections. And look at that!!! We're back to why I feel my favorite band should take a stand on the subject.

They have, they played in Israel in 1993, and now their lead guitarist is heading to Israel to play in benefit show.

I guess you're not a 'real' fan for supporting Guns N' Roses no matter what.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I guess you're not a 'real' fan for supporting Guns N' Roses no matter what.

no that makes he even more true GnR fan because she's willing to call the bad guys on their BS & stand up for her convictions even when she's being shit on, which is the GnR way!:mosh:

ASSuming Nalt is a girl of course..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Nalt is a HTGTH-like Axlite

He's.She's being the exact opposite of their normal MO. We bag on new GN'R, and they calls us haters, but it's okay for him/her to call out Ron.

Nah, he/she just lost ALL credibility with this thread.

johndivney wrote:

he? r u sure? lol

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Let me stick it in and find out.

Board footer