You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rock Hall 2011 Eligible: Only Guns N Roses Would Make the Cut

Sky Dog wrote:

You could flip flop any of the first 6....all great albums with multiple classics. Disappointing that no REM or Replacements albums made it. They are just as revered as the Cure, The Smiths, The Clash, etc....It is a pretty good poll though. All really good albums. I just love the fact that Gnr (obviously original band) gets so much respect from this generation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even the UYI band is quite revered. It's nice that history was so positive towards Guns looking back, and even now you've got people more and more acknowledging how both the UYI albums were defining albums of the 90's.

It's nice to see Guns N' Roses live on in spite of Axl's missteps over the last decade with the new band.

johndivney wrote:

rolling stone readers are retards.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Purple Rain is as good as all of them....."Nikki started to grind!"

Sky Dog wrote:

oh...and for the record...Russ, take a deep breath......Prince blows Michael Jackson out of the water in every aspect...performance, musicianship, songwriting. Michael is a great performer and singer. Prince is one of the few true musical geniuses of our lifetime.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Even the UYI band is quite revered. It's nice that history was so positive towards Guns looking back, and even now you've got people more and more acknowledging how both the UYI albums were defining albums of the 90's.

It's nice to see Guns N' Roses live on in spite of Axl's missteps over the last decade with the new band.

The music is undeniably great. It's rare that an album with classics like Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child O' Mine also has around 5 other tracks that plenty of fans would argue are better than those songs (It's So Easy, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, and Rocket Queen). My mind changes all the time about which one of those 8 songs is my favorite. Right now it's Mr. Brownstone, simply because I really dig the guitar sound and the lyrics about getting up in the morning fit in well with my lifestyle. I have a hard time getting up in the morning.

I'm usually around 15 minutes late for work, but my boss doesn't give a shit because she is the exact same way. And the fact that I usually work around 2 hours per day of overtime kinda wipes out being "late" for work. If I show up at 8:45 instead of 8:30 but I work 11 hours straight with no lunch break (done this plenty of times), does 15 minutes really matter? My boss says hell no. Granted, the higher ups in the company have been putting pressure on each department to get a more standard schedule across the entire company. Some folks are required to show up at 8, some 8:30, and then some have more flexible hours. Anyway, I just love that line in Brownstone about how he "used to get up on time." I used to have zero choice in the matter when I was in school. But luckily that has changed and I'm in a good situation with how my boss runs our department.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

For once a poll doesn't have a completely bullshit result. Although to be fair and honest I'd rank AFD ahead of Joshua Tree as well.  I love the fact my top 3 bands cracked the list although Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me is a much better album than Disintegration in my opinion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The music is undeniably great. It's rare that an album with classics like Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child O' Mine also has around 5 other tracks that plenty of fans would argue are better than those songs (It's So Easy, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, and Rocket Queen). My mind changes all the time about which one of those 8 songs is my favorite. Right now it's Mr. Brownstone, simply because I really dig the guitar sound and the lyrics about getting up in the morning fit in well with my lifestyle. I have a hard time getting up in the morning.

I'm usually around 15 minutes late for work, but my boss doesn't give a shit because she is the exact same way. And the fact that I usually work around 2 hours per day of overtime kinda wipes out being "late" for work. If I show up at 8:45 instead of 8:30 but I work 11 hours straight with no lunch break (done this plenty of times), does 15 minutes really matter? My boss says hell no. Granted, the higher ups in the company have been putting pressure on each department to get a more standard schedule across the entire company. Some folks are required to show up at 8, some 8:30, and then some have more flexible hours. Anyway, I just love that line in Brownstone about how he "used to get up on time." I used to have zero choice in the matter when I was in school. But luckily that has changed and I'm in a good situation with how my boss runs our department.

That must be nice. Last job I had, I worked about 20-30 hours overtime every work week, but got bitched at because I showed up 15-20 minutes late each day.

Then again the company I worked for charged the contractor about $140 hr. for my services, and yet only paid me about $14 hr.

The more they bitched about it, the later i'd show up. (Axl wipes a tear from his eye reading this in Malibu)

So maybe that was it... 22

Board footer