You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N'Roses to play Rock in Rio

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

He can't fucking cover himself because they are his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

I disagree. I don't consider Adler essential, but the other four are. If only one of them is playing a song then it is a cover performance. If all 4 of them are performing together, it's not a cover performance. So when Slash performs 5-6 AFD tracks during his Ozzy tour, I consider those to be cover performances. When Axl performs a bunch of AFD, Lies, and UYI songs, I consider those to be cover performances.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I miss the Dave of 1999.

He was a lot less annoying.

Sky Dog wrote:

meh...too much coffee this morning.

Sky Dog wrote:

As for the topic, I personally can't get very excited for this unless we get new music before then. Just another show to me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

I miss the Dave of 1999.

He was a lot less annoying.

That Dave was unintentionally funny. His flame war with Beta at HTGTH was hilarious. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

He can't fucking cover himself because they are his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

I disagree. I don't consider Adler essential, but the other four are. If only one of them is playing a song then it is a cover performance. If all 4 of them are performing together, it's not a cover performance. So when Slash performs 5-6 AFD tracks during his Ozzy tour, I consider those to be cover performances. When Axl performs a bunch of AFD, Lies, and UYI songs, I consider those to be cover performances.

Agreed.

And also, I grew up on those 2001-02 live boots of the new songs. I'd love to hear some new stuff at Rio IV.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Nobody will take this band seriously if they are playing other people's songs in this amount. The world didn't give a shit about CD, so nobody's bothered that replacements are playing those songs, cause nobody knew that line-up in the first place. But everybody knows the classic Guns N' Roses, and as long as Axl's set is still mostly AFD, these guys will remain the guys who aren't Slash. Fuckin' funny that the biggest CD fans support the AFD rehash the most. Wake up, Axl it's high time to make your band's identity. Release new shit and play it like you used to play the UYI songs. What you're doing now is just jerking off.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

face it people, he likes to play his new songs, but he also enjoys the million dollar paychecks coming in....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We'll see, the problem with that is, in 2010 Axl did finally kind of come full circle with that.

GN'R 2010 played MANY more songs off of their "new" album (CD), than any artist usually does. Granted, GN'R doesn't have a very deep back catalog, considering they only had three full original studio LP's.

So they kind of did do that, playing around half of CD, if not more each night, problem is the band playing it was a cover band of the band that wrote it.

So i'll give Axl credit on that, it was the two bullshit tours before that that was jerking off - in hind sight.

What Axl needs to do on the next tour is start playing half of the NEXT album, mix in about 7-8 songs from UYI, and do only a handful from their 80's works.

2011:

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
new song--rocker
alternate--Don't Cry (as in not every day, not alt. lyrics)
Civil War
new song--ballad
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child O' Mine
alternate--The Garden
Yesterdays
Dead Horse
November Rain
cover song--"Sympathy For The Devil"
You Could Be Mine
new song--ballad
Nightrain

Encore:

alternate--Perfect Crime
new song--rocker
Tommy alternate--"You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" (w/ Tommy on lead) / other days "One Man Mutiny" (w/ Tommy feat. Richard & Dizzy)
Estranged
Paradise City

I'd be in the front of the line for that show.

Board footer