You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Foo Fighters

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Dave Grohl says Foo Fighters are taking a Break
NEW YORK (AP) — Dave Grohl says his band Foo Fighters is officially taking a break.
Grohl sent an open letter Tuesday, calling the band "my life," but noting "it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while."
Grohl told fans Saturday at the Global Citizen Festival he didn't know when the band would play together again, and affirmed that in the letter.
He created Foo Fighters in 1994 after his time as the drummer in Nirvana, recording the band's self-titled debut before inviting other members to join. The band has been one of rock 'n' roll's most enduring critical and commercial successes, winning 11 Grammys, including five earlier this year.
Grohl says he's now focused on his forthcoming Sound City documentary and album.

http://news.yahoo.com/dave-grohl-says-f … 55080.html

Dave's Letter:

Hey everyone...

Dave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready...it's coming.

Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Dave

http://www.foofighters.com/us/news/hey- … -dave-here

Stacey

Stacey wrote:

I'm devastated. Russ made the point that it is better than them putting out a half-assed album, which is true, but I'm still sad. I loved the Foos when I was a kid and over the past two years, my love has grown exponentially.
I hope we get the chance to see them again.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm a big fan of the Foo ever since I first heard Everlong playing on the radio. I didn't get to hear their early material until years later and then recent outings with Wasting Light just blew me away. I bought their Greatest Hits when it came out in 2009 and that made me love the music in an instant. I do hope you & Russ get to see them live. They put on one of a show and you will get your money's worth guarantee. They did several encores and put on an epic performance with two other good bands playing. I'm just hoping next time, me and my friend get better seats and maybe get a picture or autograph. Russ has a point! I want them to be fully rested and powerful when they decide to do the follow up to Wasting and the touring that goes along with it. I know Dave and the boys would never half ass anything they do. I thought the letter reflected the times pretty well and they thanked the fans which are the reason they are still putting out music. THEY'LL BE BACK SOON! big_smile

johndivney wrote:

they pull this crap every time one of their album/tour cycles ends. it's always w/the drama of will there be more foo fighters stuff from ghrol & music media who are desperate for any kinda story.

as for what i think about the FF? i think they have some cracking tunes but never rerally made an album i felt was incredible. i saw them live at leeds fest in 02 & thought it was a complete drag. i missed BRMC to watch the foos & it was a mistake that still pisses me off to this day. it kinda spoiled any chance of happiness i could have had w/the FF.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I'm a big fan of the Foo ever since I first heard Everlong playing on the radio. I didn't get to hear their early material until years later and then recent outings with Wasting Light just blew me away. I bought their Greatest Hits when it came out in 2009 and that made me love the music in an instant. I do hope you & Russ get to see them live. They put on one of a show and you will get your money's worth guarantee. They did several encores and put on an epic performance with two other good bands playing. I'm just hoping next time, me and my friend get better seats and maybe get a picture or autograph. Russ has a point! I want them to be fully rested and powerful when they decide to do the follow up to Wasting and the touring that goes along with it. I know Dave and the boys would never half ass anything they do. I thought the letter reflected the times pretty well and they thanked the fans which are the reason they are still putting out music. THEY'LL BE BACK SOON! big_smile

Fortunately, I have seen them. Last year when they toured behind Wasting Light, I saw them at The Palace and it was one of the best three shows I have ever seen.
Russ had to work out of town that day, so he did not get to go sad That's really why I am hoping they come back around sometime.

In the meantime, I'll watch Back and Forth and be happy with that.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Foo Fighters is the best thing to come out of Nirvana.

It`s a shame we`re gonna lose one of the best rock acts nowadys for a time but it`s much better than they touring and releasing uninspired efforts.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah, they'll be back. I know I won't get much support on this board, but I really hope Them Crooked Vultures find time for a second album during the Foo's downtime.

Board footer