You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I hate to see the dude close it down on such a sour note. He was definitely pro Axl. Interesting part:

"Aside from expressing they (GNR) want mygnrforum.com closed in the past"

WTF? I don't understand this. MYGNR was the site Axl and Beta frequented regularly! Why would they want it shut down?

The MSL/Bumblefoot episode must have really sealed the deal with him.

And I doubt we'll get an onslaught of trolls. We're still the cool, bastard child of the GNR community. The trolls won't get the band's attention here, or the widespread attention that they got at MYGNR. I see them going to NEWGNR, or whatever the other big GNRfan site is. Plus, we don't really put up with that bullshit.

I'd welcome all the cool regulars from MYGNR, though. 5

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Wow, what a mess. I don't blame him for shutting it down. Running a site is hard work, add in the costs, the lawyer letters...fuck that. Top it off with a band that is essentially a joke now. Why bother? Time to move on with life.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just saw gunsnfnroses is pimping their site over on MYGNR. I tell you, that site gave me a worst headache than the worst MYGNR thread did. Really big troll/huge negative vibe over there. Maybe they can strike a balance over there... Or not. 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The sad thing is even if every fan run website shutdown tomorrow gnr still wouldn't update their website.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If Axl is so much against it, why did he use it to post stuff?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pretty big shock. But life goes on. I know I personally wouldn't start a "fan board" then get mad when the band won't pay for it, but whatever.

Exactly my point earlier, Russ.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

it's a pile of shit board....good riddance.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Axl is so much against it, why did he use it to post stuff?

Good question.  Axl hated the forum, wanted it shutdown, yet he used it to make a massive post on a variety of topics, sharing his thoughts on many things he never had before.  How do you reconcile those two pieces of information?

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

something obviously happened after that...

Board footer