You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

something obviously happened after that...

Are you sure it was after that?

Eric didn't specify when GN'R asked for MyGNR's shutdown did he?  He just said "in the past" didn't he?

Ali

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Axl is so much against it, why did he use it to post stuff?

Good question.  Axl hated the forum, wanted it shutdown, yet he used it to make a massive post on a variety of topics, sharing his thoughts on many things he never had before.  How do you reconcile those two pieces of information?

Ali

It doesn't add up at all.

Something went down after that, as madagas says, which turned Eric against them.

When Axl was there in 08, everything was fine as he wouldn't have posted there otherwise.

But forum vs GNR management shit is not my type of interest.

DCK

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pretty big shock. But life goes on. I know I personally wouldn't start a "fan board" then get mad when the band won't pay for it, but whatever.

No, like..what the fuck.

As Jarmo sold out, I'm sure that has created some jealousy with the other big forum moderators. It's cool to stick to your guns until you see a rival moderator hanging out with DJ Ashba and keeping his own little blond groupie on the side. Then you start to think....you're not human if you don't. "That could have been me if I had kissed enough ass".

Having integrity is a valuable asset...until you understand you could have travelled the world on the expense of Uncle Axl. The it's not that fun anymore. It's the internet after all, you sit and type shit on a computer. How cool is that really, when your rival forum admin is having his dick sucked by a blonde in Rio.

But to expect the management to pay for your board? Blah, no one is forcing you to get involved in this crap anyway.

Ali

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Axl is so much against it, why did he use it to post stuff?

Good question.  Axl hated the forum, wanted it shutdown, yet he used it to make a massive post on a variety of topics, sharing his thoughts on many things he never had before.  How do you reconcile those two pieces of information?

Ali

Something went down after that, as madagas says, which turned Eric against them.

When Axl was there in 08, everything was fine as he wouldn't have posted there otherwise.

It's possible something happened after that, but Eric didn't really specify when GN'R wanted the site shut down.  And what indicated they wanted the site shut down?  Was it the Cease and Desist letters?  Well, Jarmo just said on his site he gets those too. 

I don't know, a lot of unanswered questions in my opinion.

Ali

DCK

DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

It's possible something happened after that, but Eric didn't really specify when GN'R wanted the site shut down.  And what indicated they wanted the site shut down?  Was it the Cease and Desist letters?  Well, Jarmo just said on his site he gets those too. 

Ali

The only thing I can imagine Jarmo getting those for is because he isn't speaking highly enough of the band.....

Ali

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ali

The only thing I can imagine Jarmo getting those for is because he isn't speaking highly enough of the band.....

I'm just passing along what he wrote.  Actually, he posted the C&D letter he got in regards to the 2003 Latigo Hammers fiasco.  Jarmo that is.

Ali

DCK

DCK wrote:

He wasn't all up Axl's ass in 2003. He was just halfways there

Ali

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

He wasn't all up Axl's ass in 2003. He was just halfways there

Yeah, but if you read the letter, it was the same kind of threatening tone, "either you comply and don't allow anyone misrepresenting themselves as Axl Rose to pursue their agenda here, or we'll pursue legal action".

I dunno.  I don't see that as a personal attack at all.  Just a legal scare tactic the legal team must use in order to protect their client's interests in terms of IP and other things.  Asking nicely doesn't work.  You have to give people a reason to respect and honor your request for them to comply with what is  necessary to protect your client's rights.  There's a reason and a need for it from a legal perspective.

Ali

DCK

DCK wrote:

Well, I call it a waste of fucking time.

AtariLegend wrote:

-edited-

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

I'm just passing along what he wrote.  Actually, he posted the C&D letter he got in regards to the 2003 Latigo Hammers fiasco.  Jarmo that is.

Ali

There was no problem whatsoever with the LatigoHammers/darknemus scam, someone communicating with the fan base while pretending to be Axl Rose shouldn't been anything GNR took notice of. tongue

Board footer