You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Buckethead tour dates

bigbri wrote:

No full setlist yet, which is weird. But Final Wars was played too. That's an awesome bit of news.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Set list from last night. 2006-era set list, it seems. Weird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23170216@N … /lightbox/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That set not very impressive to be honest. Way too many of my favorite songs missing although I realize he could never please all his fans as his discog is simply too massive. I see he's not doing the MJ thing anymore which is something my aunt was really looking forward to.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

That's just the first couple festival dates, mind you. It could change totally when the regular tour starts. Also, he's playing 2 hours and throws stuff in. Notice, Star Wars isn't on there, but he played it anyhow.

James

James wrote:

Yeah I was hoping this tour may have a rotating set. I'm going no matter what he plays obviously but I'm hoping he revamps that as the tour progresses.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I'm  hearing now James, that he just has the live band for the fest dates, then he'll do an iPod show, which is good for your taste. He'll have everything in his arsenal at his disposal. Not limited by the live bandmates.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm  hearing now James, that he just has the live band for the fest dates, then he'll do an iPod show, which is good for your taste. He'll have everything in his arsenal at his disposal. Not limited by the live bandmates.

Talk about handing me a double edged sword. 16 I wanted a live band(preferably with Brain), not getting it yet the Ipod thing which didn't interest me is what's gonna give me more bang for my buck.

If he keeps touring in the coming years I do want to see him with a band even if its a mediocre set. Some of you have been lucky to experience both.

Cant wait for one of these Ipod set lists to leak.

Any explanation yet for that pre-2006 set he did a few days ago?

James

James wrote:

I just checked the site for the Frisco club for the Bucket show I'm going to and an opening band was just added to the show.

http://www.myspace.com/wolffandtuba

Bri, you heard of these guys before? Listened to a few songs and they're not too shabby. Their Twisted Sister cover not bad at all.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I just checked the site for the Frisco club for the Bucket show I'm going to and an opening band was just added to the show.

http://www.myspace.com/wolffandtuba

Bri, you heard of these guys before? Listened to a few songs and they're not too shabby. Their Twisted Sister cover not bad at all.

Wolff has opened several times for Bucket, never one of my shows. Interesting stuff. One-trick pony, though. Bucket fans who've seen him a few times already aren't looking forward to it now. First time will be fine.

Still no news on the set list being old. Probably hasn't rehearsed new stuff with the live band. I dunno.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Next show is June 16. We'll know if it's an ipod tour then.

Board footer