You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

jamester wrote:

JIMMY PAGE Interviewed At IVOR NOVELLO AWARDS (Video) - May 23, 2011
Absolute Radio 's Tania Snuggs conducted an interview with LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page at the most prestigious British music awards, Ivor Novello Awards, on May 19 in London, England. You can now watch the chat below.

Publisher's Marketplace announced earlier in the month that "Light & Shade: Conversations With Jimmy Page", by Guitar World editor-in-chief Brad Tolinski, went to Crown at auction in a "significant deal."

Using the Publisher's Marketplace "deal key," a "significant deal" is a book deal that garners $251,000 - $499,000.

"Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page" last year became the fastest-selling book in the history of Genesis Publications, having sold-out through pre-orders alone. The book, which documents the iconic guitarist's life from his childhood in music through his legendary career with LED ZEPPELIN to the present day, was personally compiled by Page and features 650 images, many from his personal archive. Jimmy also wrote the accompanying text and helped design the magnificently luxurious binding to create an artifact that is an incredible visual documentary which reflects his vast contribution to music.
[youtube]UjPsKsxqHVc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

ROBERT PLANT Among AMERICANA HONORS & AWARDS Nominees - May 24, 2011
LED ZEPPELIN legend Robert Plant is nominated in the "Album Of The Year", "Artist Of The Year" and "Duo/Group Of The Year" categories at the 10th annual Americana Music Association Honors & Awards, which is scheduled to take place Thursday, October 13 at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Plant is nominated for his work on the "Band of Joy" album, his first release since recording the six-time Grammy-winning bluegrass album "Raising Sand" with collaborator Alison Krauss in 2007.

"Band of Joy" sold 49,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD enlists the help of an array of U.S. musicians, all of whom performed with Plant on tour.

The BAND OF JOY lineup includes Patty Griffin on vocals; Darrell Scott on multiple instruments and vocals; Byron House on bass and vocals; Marco Giovino on drums, percussion and vocals; and co-producer Buddy Miller on guitar and vocals.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

The Almighty Zeppelin have returned to us! big_smile I need to tell my friend this pronto! We are getting ourselves the DVD if we can't make any of the theatrical showings. You know what...fuck it! We'll do both!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

[youtube]9iGxjV2Sxbc&hd=1[/youtube]

The full 30+ minute Press Conference.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I completely understand that they don't want to do another series of shows even though Jason & maybe John would be up to it. Rob doesn't feel like his voice is in the right field to be doing anything big live. Jimmy still has the skills though; but he just wants the memories to be fond and in the past. The problem is they will always get that question from the press every time they show up together. I can't wait to buy the Blu Ray and see this show with the content.

Sky Dog wrote:

Does any of that sound familiar to you guys? A lot of successful rock stars clash with the media...Zep and the media hated each other back in the day. Gnr has turned out the same way. Not media darlings during the time, but as time went on, the respect grew immensely. (of course just talkin original band).

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Sounds unreal
[youtube]HRa3ASVxwfA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]Z2LMaNJ9KgA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Cant wait for the bluray

Board footer