You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

gibbo wrote:

Sounds unreal
[youtube]HRa3ASVxwfA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]Z2LMaNJ9KgA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Cant wait for the bluray

Me too. Sucks we have to wait another month! 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

I'm gonna buy the blu-ray as well as the vinyl set.

Between this and The Beatles vinyl set coming in November, it's gonna be a pricey ass month!

Definitely starting to sound like it. I'm already looking at various music and video game purchases that are going to be a good amount of money in total. Enjoy the Zeppelin when it comes to you my friend!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Saw a screening of Celebration Day tonight at my local cinema. The sound was huge, and really well mixed. Jimmy Page can still outplay guys much much younger than him, and Jason Bonham is an absolute monster on the drum kit. I think his dad was looking down proud of him that night!
Both John Paul Jones and Robert Plant were great too. Robert sang some lines in lower key, but most of it was sang as it was on the records, which is no easy feat.

I was most amazed at how big of a sound these guys got for such a small group, and such an old group at that too... No Quarter and Kashmir were so EPIC and HUGE!

Kinda cool how it's edited too, as there were a couple of encores, but we didn't have to wait like you usually do when you're there in person.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah it sound killer even on the trailer

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I still find the whole "watching a concert in a cinema" kinda weird...:ummm:

I mean, you don't cheer or clap, and it's odd to sing along in there too...:haha:

But, it was still great to see on the big screen, and I'll definitely be getting the CD & DVD pack when it's officially released in a few weeks!

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Saw a screening of Celebration Day tonight at my local cinema. The sound was huge, and really well mixed. Jimmy Page can still outplay guys much much younger than him, and Jason Bonham is an absolute monster on the drum kit. I think his dad was looking down proud of him that night!
Both John Paul Jones and Robert Plant were great too. Robert sang some lines in lower key, but most of it was sang as it was on the records, which is no easy feat.

I was most amazed at how big of a sound these guys got for such a small group, and such an old group at that too... No Quarter and Kashmir were so EPIC and HUGE!

Kinda cool how it's edited too, as there were a couple of encores, but we didn't have to wait like you usually do when you're there in person.

VERY glad to hear all of this. Can't wait to see it myself!

Thanks for your review on the screening of the show, Metallex. I'm geeking out right now. Only a couple weeks to go!

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I went last night with Scabbie.  It was amazing, jaw droppingly good.

(disclaimer, I am a huge zep fan....)

Kashmir was stunning, In my time of dying was tight, the whole thing was just so damn good.

It was great to see them enjoying it so much, sharing smiles and knowing looks with each other as they played through the set.

Jason was fantastic, and you could see that this meant so much to him, and for other three to see that, they knew too what this meant for him. Fair play.

No warm up shows, 1 night only, and they pretty much nailed it, no BS, no drama.  A masterclass in how it should be done.  And all 4 of them were just so cool without even trying.

If you get a chance to see this on the big screen, do it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer