You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Just so everyone knows, this is out there if you don't feel like waiting. I'll be buying regardless.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Rex wrote:

Just so everyone knows, this is out there if you don't feel like waiting. I'll be buying regardless.

Got it yesterday. I'm gonna put it in the car tomorrow while driving around for work. Same here as far as buying; I'm gonna buy the BD on Tuesday and I've already got the vinyl on pre-order at a local shop for mid-December.

I'll definitely be getting the Bluray too. I am till mesmerized by that Kashmir performance.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Rex wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Rex wrote:

Got it yesterday. I'm gonna put it in the car tomorrow while driving around for work. Same here as far as buying; I'm gonna buy the BD on Tuesday and I've already got the vinyl on pre-order at a local shop for mid-December.

I'll definitely be getting the Bluray too. I am till mesmerized by that Kashmir performance.

Yeah i can see why they put that as a teaser i think thats one of the highlights of the show

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Just watched the bluray am only a casual fan but for fellas in their 60`s you couldnt asked for more stairway is goose bump material killer pic and sound quailty. John would be so proud of his son killer job on the drums couldnt do a better job.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

I listened to it on the car a lot today. The drumming on Black Dog is fucking awesome. I know Jason is John's kid and all, but they were gelling like Jason was just plain channeling his dad.

The man has his father's gift no doubt about that. Saw the vids of Black Dog and Kashmir. Simply amazing performances. So excited for the release. Don't know if I'll be able to get it the first week; but I'll get around to purchasing it soon. Or...wait till Christmas. At the moment I'm either looking into purchasing the Blu Ray or 2CD/Blu Ray or DVD combo pack.  Just wish they would include Jason in some of the photos of the iTunes and other release ads. He proved he could rejuvenate these guys and kick some ass.  If Rob ever wanted to do another Zep tour, then this is the guy for the job! His father is definitely proud and smiling up there.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Jason Bonham hopes to play with Led Zeppelin again
Jason Bonham is hopeful he will play with Led Zeppelin again, after the success of their 2007 show at London's The O2 venue.
Jason Bonham is hopeful he will play with Led Zeppelin again.
The drummer - son of the band's original sticksman, John Bonham - stepped into his father's shoes when the band reformed for a one-off concert in 2007 to mark the passing of the founder of their record company, Ahmet Ertegun, and would love the opportunity to play with them again.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''Am I sorry it hasn't continued? Yes, it would have been great but [singer] Robert [Plant] has his reasons.
''But even then you never know - they all really enjoyed it. And I'm always the last person to know what's going on because I have a big mouth - I end up blabbing.''
Since John's passing in 1980 from choking on his own vomit, the band - also including John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page - has rarely performed, appearing at Live Aid in 1985, and at a 40th anniversary party for Atlantic records in 1988 before the 2007 concert, held at London's The O2 venue, and released as an album and concert film, 'Celebration Day'.
Jason added: ''We were determined to get the O2 show right. The band had reformed before but were never happy with the performances.
''I played at the Atlantic one and I wasn't ready for the job then. I thought the world owed me a living. I was very arrogant.
''I knew the O2 show was important. Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Dad worked so well together and created a real magic. I didn't want to let that down.
''I felt my job was to keep it like the albums. It was different to the old Led Zep, we concentrated more on the songs rather than jamming.''
Jason, 46, also said his mother had warned him that the reunion was only for one night, and would be hard to accept.
He said: ''It is tough to walk away from Led Zeppelin. But it is good to be part of the legacy. If we never do anything else, it's a great feeling to have been part of it.''
'Celebration Day' is out now.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jimmy_page/1-1

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

If this was original Gnr who done this show in 2007 and i was waiting for the bluray i would probaby die from exictment. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Board footer