You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash on Southpark - Finck and Bucket also get a mention

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's light hearted fun...i'm one of the biggest slash fans out there and I think it's pretty funny.....makes me sad that people from HTGTH would attack him over it...jokes on them in the long run I guess...

johndivney wrote:

prob best & funniest episode of the new season (which admittedly isn't the greatest praise)

woulda liked some more explicit GnR old band vs new band stuff & to rip on axl

don't primus do the theme music? think bucket maybe even played on one episode??

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's light hearted fun...i'm one of the biggest slash fans out there and I think it's pretty funny.....makes me sad that people from HTGTH would attack him over it...jokes on them in the long run I guess...

It just goes to show how many nutswinging lightweights are over there. It's a total joke, even Slash "got it".

If anything, they're tributed and giving praise to Slash. Not slamming him.

But the typical HTGTH poster is so fucking stupid, that even they don't get that.

It's just really lame that they do all of that just to try to kiss up to Axl, like somehow they'll get a shout out in liner notes or some shit.

If Slash was back in GN'R tomorrow, they'd be cumming all over him and talking about how great he is, how GN'R is back, blah blah blah.

Those guys ain't nothing but Axl bandwagoners over there.

johndivney wrote:

prob best & funniest episode of the new season (which admittedly isn't the greatest praise)

woulda liked some more explicit GnR old band vs new band stuff & to rip on axl

don't primus do the theme music? think bucket maybe even played on one episode??

Brain was in Primus, and Bucket appeared in some Primus videos, but i'm not sure I remember him ever recording anything with them.

But it is intriguing over the years to see Trey & Matt's association with Guns. Slash has been referenced several times before in South Park. Primus did the theme song to South Park. The one 'soundtrack' song on BASEketball was a Soul Asylum song (Tommy). I'm pretty sure I remember an interview years ago where both of them said they were huge fans of The Replacements when they were younger. Bucket was referenced in the Guitar Queer-O episode.

And now this

They're obviously fans.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Missed the Robin and Bucket jokes, as those book pages were shown so quickly, you'd blink and miss them.

I find it quite funny, but over at HTGTH, they're using this to attack Slash and Slash fans, but I don't think even Slash himself would take it too seriously.

All in good fun!

I missed the Robin/Bucket thing too.  Good catch bucketfan.  Although if someone was to catch it, I'd assume it'd be you with a user name devoted to the man. 

I agree it was hilarious and there were some definite digs at Slash, but nothing too harsh.  I'd take it as more positive than negative for him.  They've been real rough on other celebrities, but they didn't say anything that nobody thought of before.  Maybe he'll even scale back some of his appearances now.  Yeah, I doubt it. 

They also said something about Axl in the song at the end.  Was that really Dutch?  Any real translation for the song?

johndivney wrote:

"and from the ashes of Rapidfire arose a legend"

that is fucking excellent

but yes the jokes on slash were balanced by an admission that he is the soul of man. they were ripping the piss but they made sure that they paid tribute to his special genius, whereas with a lot of other celeb lampooning they do they're just mean without anything positive to balance it.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think it's funny that they mention 4 GnR guitarists and none of them are in GnR.

Great episode overall, toPr

Board footer