You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

Lomax wrote:

hahahahaa^^ Epic

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Funny how the Slash fans have been told in the past years that they are 'living in the past' by some of those people who are now missing Finck or Bucket so badly and loudly. It's not against you, but interesting. Seems like most of the GN'R fans are now living in the past, a few in the future, but none in the present time.

i'm all about the current incarnation of the band..dont get me wrong, i love slash but i asm more than content to have GnR here and slash there...double the tunes to enjoy I say throw in SIxx AM and the occasional BBF single and i;m lovin it

i realize im an exception to the norm though

the saddest thing for me is that most other fans of GnR dont really seem to be on the same wave length as me sad

that is one thing that is missing from the old times...at one time there was a comradrie amongst GnR fans...those days are loooooooong gone

The fan base is so divided and fractured nobody can agree on anything anymore let alone standing united behind their favorite redhead..and that is sad for me

(oh wait here it comes...someone is bound to say that "Axl brought it on himself")

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We all know it's Beta's fault.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

We all know it's Beta's fault.

neemo, I totally understand what you're saying. I'm still interested and behind GNR or else I wouldn't be here smile

I know I've made it clear that the 02 line up is my favorite, but I don't really dwell on it... Too much wink

What's the point? Come here and rag on the new band and blast axl for ruining it over and over? Nah. That line up and period is gone, it's over, end of story. I've moved on and not waiting for it to return. We'll get an original line up reunion before that happens. I'm still here, though. I'm even open to DJ. While I pretty much hate Sixx AM and all, I'm pretty impressed with what I've heard live from DJ, considering.

All it would take is for Axl to leak/drop/release one new song and it would get things back on a more positive level. Especially a kick ass tune like TWAT, or Better.

Seriously, the 2003-2005 period of GNR was way worse than this, imo.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Is this that different than 03-05?  I guess it is for some people, but not to me.  The only difference is that they play shows places I can't go to, which is as useful to me as not playing shows.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I see your point, but seriously Buzz.... it's a whole different fuckin' ballgame baby.

03-05 was a friggin' Roaming signal for GN'R. Pre-MySpace, pre-Facebook, pre-Twitter, pre-Internet Chats, and i'm not talking Axl, but the extreme interaction fans have with the old & new band today, that we once did not.

The band just performed a successful tour throughout the world in 2010, of which tons of boots surfaced that showed the band firing on all cylinders. We didn't have that pre-YouTube.

I think 2009-present is a FAR better period than 03-05, on every single level.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've never gotten into boots.  Not my thing...even for the shows I've gone to.

I just don't see the difference.  I see why others see a difference though, and I'm happy for those people.  Maybe if there's a show I can attend in the future, I'll have something to get excited about.  Until then, it's just same old same old to me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to be a dick, but who's fault is that?

You seem to take it out on Axl, and you just admitted it's entirely self-contained within you.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Funny how the Slash fans have been told in the past years that they are 'living in the past' by some of those people who are now missing Finck or Bucket so badly and loudly. It's not against you, but interesting. Seems like most of the GN'R fans are now living in the past, a few in the future, but none in the present time.

i'm all about the current incarnation of the band..dont get me wrong, i love slash but i asm more than content to have GnR here and slash there...double the tunes to enjoy I say throw in SIxx AM and the occasional BBF single and i;m lovin it

i realize im an exception to the norm though

the saddest thing for me is that most other fans of GnR dont really seem to be on the same wave length as me sad

that is one thing that is missing from the old times...at one time there was a comradrie amongst GnR fans...those days are loooooooong gone

The fan base is so divided and fractured nobody can agree on anything anymore let alone standing united behind their favorite redhead..and that is sad for me

(oh wait here it comes...someone is bound to say that "Axl brought it on himself")

I'm with you Neemo.  Pretty much sums up how I feel. 

It does get frustrating though.  I want to love this band, even more than I already do, but it's hard sometimes.  I was fully ready to embrace the return of GNR when I first heard live versions of "The Blues", "Madagascar", "Chinese Democracy", and "Riad and the Bedouins".  I learned more about the band, got to see them live.  I learned to love Buckethead, and Robin to a lesser extent.  Then that fell apart. 

In 2006 I was ready to go again.  I learned to love Ron as a player and as a person.  I got to see them live once again, and loved it even more than the first time.  Then that fell apart.

In 2008 we finally got the album we had been waiting so very long for, and I loved it.  Still do in fact.  But aside from getting the album, nothing else happened how any fan could've hoped for.  They toured the world minus the US and I've loved the live boots I've seen and heard, but I haven't gotten to see them live yet.  So like I said, I WANT to love this lineup even more than I already do, but it's not easy.  There's still no plans in place that we know of that I can get too excited about.  Sure Rock in Rio will be cool and the other 2 shows in South America are certainly a good thing.  I'll be right here when that all goes down following along and hoping for new songs and further developments. 

I just seem to be going up and down recently with this band.  Only a few days ago I was completely optimistic and even voted that we'd hear "multiple new songs" at RIR.  Today though, I think I'd take that vote back and vote for the same old thing.  I know it probably shouldn't be the case, but Richard tweeting about touring the fall and winter with Thin Lizzy, Jarmo shooting down another tour date, the GNR twitter saying ONLY RIR was scheduled.  It all added up and deflated my hopes just a bit.  Maybe, hopefully something happens to bring me back up, and I'm sure it will.  It doesn't take much.  But that's where I'm at right now.

Board footer