You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i think at the time it first came out, like the first couple of hours w/o the photo's, people were calling BS on the hilfiger incident simply because it seemed so random. that did happen.

I was about to post this smile

At HTGTH people were calling it fake. I think Axl did a radio interview the next day and talked about it. It was pretty funny.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

But what I'm saying is that the media picked up on it and there were pics. So if DJ's claim were based in reality, the same would've happened here.

It's a bit different though. Hilfiger is also a known personality...and it happened in a public place as I understand it...so it's two famous people nearly fighting in public.

This was a drunken fan who snuck into a private party for band and crew only taking some swings at people then getting beaten up and ejected.

One is more newsworthy than the other.

I think DJ is telling the story in a way that maximises the excitment of it and maybe trying to glamorise it a little....but at it's basis...I doubt there's anything about it that's a lie....some guy snuck into where he shouldn't be and started some shit with him and del...and Axl got pissed and took some shots at the guy....it's 100% compatiable with everything we know about these people and their prior behaviour...

Sky Dog wrote:

Monkey is always the voice of reason. I am not a DJ fan, but I do believe the story......difference is I would have never told it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i think at the time it first came out, like the first couple of hours w/o the photo's, people were calling BS on the hilfiger incident simply because it seemed so random. that did happen.

Ok.

But what I'm saying is that the media picked up on it and there were pics. So if DJ's claim were based in reality, the same would've happened here.

Yeah, I get the DJ hate and what not, but I think some are reaching for MORE excuses to hate on the guy.  If you were to believe the story DJ told, it makes perfect sense.  The story never got out because nobody ever told the story.  The guy they beat up, was a FAN, so he didn't come forth looking for the media attention.  They all seemed to be cool after the incident took place, so again, there were no ill feelings. 

There doesn't always have to be visual evidence for you to believe that something happened.  Obviously, you will believe what you want to believe and won't be coerced unless given 100% authenticity.  I'm afraid that's not the case here.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But again, you'll believe what you want to believe.  Not sure what this does for DJ though, to make up this story.  Is he all of a sudden a huge star because of this "made up" story?"

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nobody has to 'reach' for reasons to hate on DJ.

Sixx:AM's newest album is enough reason to love the guy.

But like Nikki Sixx (his mentor), his mouth always overloads his ass.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I understand your reasons for not liking DJ, and they're valid.  I just don't see the need to regard everything he says as false.

I agree this story makes him look childish and not "cool".  Just like the tweets about trashing the hotel rooms.  But I don't think he's making these stories up as he goes along.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

His ridiculous uses of social media to constantly sell horrific looking bullshit to GNR fans is reason enough. Add to that the fact that he purposely looks like a cheap Hot Topic version of Slash and I'm all set in the "reasons to dislike department"

spot on!!!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nobody has to 'reach' for reasons to hate on DJ.

Sixx:AM's newest album is enough reason to love the guy.

But like Nikki Sixx (his mentor), his mouth always overloads his ass.

LOL

I think that actually sums it up. Nikki speaks way over his head as well, and DJ does too, but what he has done in Sixx:Am is breathtaking. I wouldn't want any other guitar player in GNR (except the obvious) than Ashba. In fact, speaking of CREATING music, new music, refreshing music, I don't want Slash either, I want Ashba.

Slash solo album vs latest Sixx:Am...........

There should air raid sirens blasting when I say that sentence to anyone mentioning Slash's current cred.

Board footer