You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I am digging the new SixxAM album.  I hope we get to hear some of DJ's work in GNR soon.  I think he could add some tasty stuff to the mix.  I'm speaking of new material of course.

For those reasons, I choose to overlook some of his obnoxious actions, tweets, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nobody has to 'reach' for reasons to hate on DJ.

Sixx:AM's newest album is enough reason to love the guy.

But like Nikki Sixx (his mentor), his mouth always overloads his ass.

LOL

I think that actually sums it up. Nikki speaks way over his head as well, and DJ does too, but what he has done in Sixx:Am is breathtaking. I wouldn't want any other guitar player in GNR (except the obvious) than Ashba. In fact, speaking of CREATING music, new music, refreshing music, I don't want Slash either, I want Ashba.

Slash solo album vs latest Sixx:Am...........

There should air raid sirens blasting when I say that sentence to anyone mentioning Slash's current cred.

I agree with that statement. The only other guy more qualified at lead guitar than DJ Ashba, is Slash. As much as I love Buckethead, and love his solo work, I honestly could take or leave a GN'R with him. Some things just don't fit. Robin, lmao... even if you love him, the feel is all wrong for GN'R.

Ashba is the first bonafide replacement for Slash SINCE, that has got me geniuely EXCITED about the prospect of a new GN'R album. Too bad Axl doesn't feel that way.

And yes, I also would jump on the ship to say that "Lies of the Beautiful" is not only a better album than Slash 2010, but in fact - CRUSHES IT.

James Michael fucking destroys Myles Kennedy vocally.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

New interview with DJ, again stating he's writing material for GN'R.

Thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGH.

GUNS N' ROSES/SIXX: A.M. Guitarist DJ ASHBA Interviewed By STAGE RAGE MAGAZINE (Audio) - June 8, 2011

Stage Rage Magazine recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES/SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba. You can now listen to the chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=159186

Stage Rage: Are you done touring with Guns N' Roses right now -- like on a break?  Or are you guys still out there?

DJ Ashba: We're done for the moment.  There's talk we are going to go out this summer.  We definitaly have -- we're playing Rock in Rio Oct. 2nd.  Which is going on 50,000 people, that's going to be a massive concert.  And ya know I'm writing songs every day for the new record.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And yes, I also would jump on the ship to say that "Lies of the Beautiful" is not only a better album than Slash 2010, but in fact - CRUSHES IT.

They're different kinds of albums to me.

And I love the shit out of both of them.

Sixx Am has the advantage of cohesion - in that it's the same vocalist throughout so there's no style changes. It's got a great modern rock sound - they've really made the drums slam considering it's not real drums - and there's some real tasty guitar fills and solos there. Really hooky songs that stick in the head. Hard not to sing along to the title track

Slash's Album. Well, I don't know what to tell you. There's just something about the way that guy plays. He's classic rock yet somehow it always sounds unique to me. There's not really other people that can take songs like "By The Sword" and make them as great as they seem to come out with Slash. It's a varied album for sure, and it jumps in tone because of the singers  but there's some real gems on this album, and some absolute killer moments and solos.

If I had to choose. I wouldn't want to. I'd probably choose the slash album as there's just something about his touch on guitar. You can tell when it's him playing. Just has that X factor that you don't find often. But then I don't like choosing cos that would imply I didn't like Sixx Am and I also think that's a great album - and it definately shows that DJ and Axl together has some serious potential for creativity. Really hope they do something at some stage.

Overall though I think they're different things that are both awesome. It's like asking me if i like a blonde girl's tits or a redhead girl's ass. I struggle to choose wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

James Michael fucking destroys Myles Kennedy vocally.

Yeah, but that's not saying much. 16

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

I understand your reasons for not liking DJ, and they're valid.  I just don't see the need to regard everything he says as false.

I agree this story makes him look childish and not "cool".  Just like the tweets about trashing the hotel rooms.  But I don't think he's making these stories up as he goes along.

I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time I've really not believed anything he's said. This one just doesn't ring true to me in any way.

I remember many people saying he lied about writing new material for Guns.  And apparently he's sticking to that story.  I just think people's dislike for the guy infuences their views about anything he has to say.  They hate him so much, they choose not to believe anything he says, or at least they're awfully reluctant.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Was just thinking if you look at prior GNR a lot of songs seem to come from Axl's take on other people's ideas, be it Izzy, Slash, Del, Paul, West, whoever else....so if DJ is writing out songs every day that he'd like to use in GNR then there's a lot of potential for axl to become inspired by it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I distinctly remember DJ saying "we're writing new songs", which I could be wrong, but if he did - that's an entiely different than than - i'm - so that's why people like myself referred to in the past.

I still think the guy is a used car sales man, that is simply putting himself over to promote his own interests.

I have no doubt that DJ himself is writing stuff in the vein of GN'R to run by Axl. It only makes sense. The guy is hitting his prime as a writer, he's wrote for Crue, he now writes for Sixx:AM, he's majorly influenced and inspired to write for GN'R, so he's only doing what's smart.

But when words like "we're" start getting thrown around, credibility becomes lost.

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They're different kinds of albums to me.

And I love the shit out of both of them.

Sixx Am has the advantage of cohesion - in that it's the same vocalist throughout so there's no style changes. It's got a great modern rock sound - they've really made the drums slam considering it's not real drums - and there's some real tasty guitar fills and solos there. Really hooky songs that stick in the head. Hard not to sing along to the title track

Slash's Album. Well, I don't know what to tell you. There's just something about the way that guy plays. He's classic rock yet somehow it always sounds unique to me. There's not really other people that can take songs like "By The Sword" and make them as great as they seem to come out with Slash. It's a varied album for sure, and it jumps in tone because of the singers  but there's some real gems on this album, and some absolute killer moments and solos.

If I had to choose. I wouldn't want to. I'd probably choose the slash album as there's just something about his touch on guitar. You can tell when it's him playing. Just has that X factor that you don't find often. But then I don't like choosing cos that would imply I didn't like Sixx Am and I also think that's a great album - and it definately shows that DJ and Axl together has some serious potential for creativity. Really hope they do something at some stage.

Overall though I think they're different things that are both awesome. It's like asking me if i like a blonde girl's tits or a redhead girl's ass. I struggle to choose wink

Definitely the redhead's ass. No doubt.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I distinctly remember DJ saying "we're writing new songs", which I could be wrong, but if he did - that's an entiely different than than - i'm - so that's why people like myself referred to in the past.

I still think the guy is a used car sales man, that is simply putting himself over to promote his own interests.

I have no doubt that DJ himself is writing stuff in the vein of GN'R to run by Axl. It only makes sense. The guy is hitting his prime as a writer, he's wrote for Crue, he now writes for Sixx:AM, he's majorly influenced and inspired to write for GN'R, so he's only doing what's smart.

But when words like "we're" start getting thrown around, credibility becomes lost.

I don't see it that way.  We had this discussion before, but I think you, and others who share your views, are taking DJ's words and twisting them a bit.  DJ has been interviewed quite a bit lately, he's said a lot of things.  Sometimes things get taken out of context.  What did he mean by "WE'RE" working on new songs everyday?  Did he mean that the entire band is getting in a room and working on the follow up to CD every waking minute?  I certainly don't believe so, and I don't think anyone should take it that way.  "We" could mean just DJ and Axl.  He could mean that he's doing stuff in his studio, sending it to Axl, etc.  He didn't go into great detail about the process, people just ran with their imaginations and hung the guy out to dry for speaking positively about the state of GNR.

At least that's how I saw things.

Board footer