You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

metallex78 wrote:

Finally picked up This Is Gonna Hurt today, and I gotta say, the first two tracks off the album are absolutely KILLER, and the rest are slowly growing on me too.

If DJ really is writing new tunes for GN'R, I'm quite excited by the prospect.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Finally picked up This Is Gonna Hurt today, and I gotta say, the first two tracks off the album are absolutely KILLER, and the rest are slowly growing on me too.

If DJ really is writing new tunes for GN'R, I'm quite excited by the prospect.

Yeah, I really dig the first half of the album.  The second half is slowly growing on me too, but it starts off great.  "Are You With Me" is my favorite track so far, and pretty much has been from the first time I heard it.  So damn catchy.  I too, can't wait to hear what he can contribute to GNR in a writing sense.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Just imagine Axl screaming over something like the music to Lies Of The Beautiful People... 9

And damn, do the drums on this album kick you in the face or what?!!?!?!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah its a killer album for sure..also aparently DJ did all the orchestration stuff on the heroin diaries album as well..definately a talented guy

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, Wasting Light had barely left my iPod or car stereo since it was released, but Sixx:A.M. is currently in that spot

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also LOVE "Are You With Me"

Too bad it wasn't written earlier and DJ wasn't in the GN'R earlier. Axl using that as a 'comeback' track in 2008, lyrics n' all, would've been a perfect statement to the situation.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also LOVE "Are You With Me"

Too bad it wasn't written earlier and DJ wasn't in the GN'R earlier. Axl using that as a 'comeback' track in 2008, lyrics n' all, would've been a perfect statement to the situation.

It's an amazing song...a bit cliched if Axl used it as a comeback anthem, but yet...I think I would be into it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Just imagine Axl screaming over something like the music to Lies Of The Beautiful People... 9

I know, the whole idea is just so 9:mosh:

metallex78 wrote:

And damn, do the drums on this album kick you in the face or what?!!?!?!

Really interesting thing is they're all programmed drums I think.

Normally I'm against drum programming (other than in industrial stuff like NiN) but for rock I usually think real life drummers are more creative and real sounding...but there's some real cool fills and stuff here.

You can hear a motley influence in the drumming on this IMO - drum parts remind me of the way Tommy Lee beats the fuck out of the kit in a rock song....I know it's all computer but you can almost imagine him hitting those fills....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sixx:Am with Axl on vocals is like Eva Mendes in a swimsuit. U just drool all over.

Board footer