You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

DCK wrote:

By listening to the clips you've been posting, I can see there's an obvious clash  here and why you don't like Ashba and Sixx, because not only did I find the stuff you posted boring to the grotesque, it was also crap.

So if I had known it, I wouldn't have recommended it to you.

johndivney wrote:

don't take it so personal tongue

i'd have hadda listen to sixx:am @ some stage, it just happened to be today & that eva mendes analogy
i'd expect axl to sculpt something a lot more complex, structurally songwise than what i heard on TIGH.

Lomax wrote:

That Spiritualized song was pretty nice can't help hearing the words to C U when you get there though.....  Fucking Coolio

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm a bit tired of the post-Marilyn Manson rock songs, even when it's combined with a Crue-sauced chorus and nu-metalish garnish. I only know Lies Of the Beautiful People off the album, and neither impressed nor disappointed. This song was written to be a modern rock hit. It is. But it doesn't mena quality. I'll check the album to get a better picture.

Grinderman 2 is sick though, I love the instrumentalization, they're surely one of the most innovative, creative and progressive rock bands around. However I think Nick is underachieving on the second album, the first was much better (just like the last Bad Seeds).

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Sixx:A.M may not be everyone's cup of tea, and I admit, some of the mellower stuff does border into Bon Jovi territory. BUT can you honestly tell me that if you crank up Lies Of The Beautiful People on your stereo, it doesn't make you wanna rock the fuck out, really...?

Each to their own, but I'm digging the hell out of the album, especially the two opening tracks. If they kept up that pace throughout, I'd rate it as rock album of the year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

DJ is doing really good, I like his stuff in the song. I think I have problems with the singer and the modern rock hit single formula written all over the song. It's catchy, but for me it's too designed and I feel they were aware of the need of a great single and they wrote it to be a hit. Nothing's wrong with that, but I like hits to be conceived and born after a sweaty hot fuck, and not to be cloned in a laboratorium, if you know what I mean.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

DJ is doing really good, I like his stuff in the song. I think I have problems with the singer and the modern rock hit single formula written all over the song. It's catchy, but for me it's too designed and I feel they were aware of the need of a great single and they wrote it to be a hit. Nothing's wrong with that, but I like hits to be conceived and born after a sweaty hot fuck, and not to be cloned in a laboratorium, if you know what I mean.

I get what you're saying.  It's weird that DJ has said the opposite in interviews, saying they weren't writing radio friendly songs, because they certainly sound radio friendly to me.  But what do I know?  I thought a lot of CD songs were radio friendly. 16

Lomax wrote:

I dont think Nikki is capable of writing anything that isn't radio friendly to be honest. And James Michael. Has anyone heard his solo stuff?
He's a pop singer at heart.

Not in a bad way either he's very good

this has become a utube thread

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Now this kicks ass...

Axl should have got Navarro and Perkins when he lost Brain and Robin. cool

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys are WAY WAY WAY overshooting this.

Axl had his experimental jack off album - it was Chinese Democracy.

Now it's time to go back to cock rock, like what made GN'R the legendary band it became.

Sixx:AM is not original, it is straight-forward, radio-ready pop rock.

Which is EXACTLY where Axl needs to be. Even Slash knew this VR back in 2004.

Board footer