You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: I know the wait is hard but check this out ( a poster at mygnr.com)

Seven wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its bullshit. The label isn't going to "sit" on an album. I can imagine them waiting awhile to set up the promotional plan, but no way in hell are they gonna sit on it until next September-November.

I also don't believe there are going to be a bunch of chinese pictures because the album isn't about China. Its metaphorical, and some people still don't seem to be able to grasp that.

Everytime there's "news" and it surrounds a Chinese theme I think they same thing you just posted.

and those pictures are not revealing a metaphor? i thought they rather illuminated Sebastian's choice of art....That said I have no idea if they will be in the booklet but they easily could be...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its bullshit. The label isn't going to "sit" on an album. I can imagine them waiting awhile to set up the promotional plan, but no way in hell are they gonna sit on it until next September-November.

I also don't believe there are going to be a bunch of chinese pictures because the album isn't about China. Its metaphorical, and some people still don't seem to be able to grasp that.

Everytime there's "news" and it surrounds a Chinese theme I think they same thing you just posted.

I see what you guys are getting at...however at the same time...the way the new GNR logo (well new as in post 2000 or whatever) has an asian design flare to it makes me think its possible they might use some china type refrence in the rest of the art.

Seven

Seven wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I see what you guys are getting at...however at the same time...the way the new GNR logo (well new as in post 2000 or whatever) has an asian design flare to it makes me think its possible they might use some china type refrence in the rest of the art.

I hope that is not their logo..I think it is lame. It looks like it was made in Printshop. The photos by this artist would make much more interesting merchandising. I think we will definitely see some China references... "The Yellow Peril" of human rights (or lack thereof). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_peril

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Axl said at the Vegas 01.01.01 gig that Chinese Democracy wasn't necessarily about China or the Chinese Government. I'll dig out the rant later.

I call BS on this photographer. Someone looking for free promotion in my opinion (and it clearly worked, suckers tongue )

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Total bullshit.  The spelling is atrocious, the statements are "look at me" and are without any substantial info whatsoever and then there's the lovely "P.S.".   If it looks like shit, smells like shit, reads like shit...it's probably SHIT.

Seven

Seven wrote:
downliner wrote:

Axl said at the Vegas 01.01.01 gig that Chinese Democracy wasn't necessarily about China or the Chinese Government. I'll dig out the rant later.

I call BS on this photographer. Someone looking for free promotion in my opinion (and it clearly worked, suckers tongue )

I think the social issues raised in those pictures are not exclusive to China....Guns and Roses has perhaps a larger Global audience than any other band of their generation, he would be a fool to dismiss that, and I doubt he is in that regard.

Axl has never shied away from mental health issues and his implied spiritual is a large part of his presence. In dealing with translations from people non native English speakers these TYPOS are not that out of the ordinary.

I don't really care if these are in the booklet or not they have a relevance to GnR. With no word on CD I am not opposed to looking at interesting social statements about other cultures that make me dig deeper into ideas I am not familiar with. This is why the arts are important anyway, the Door to places we don't normally find ourselves. Better than contemplating what he will wear in 2008.

I ceased looking for valid info from the camp a long (long long long long) time ago... I find the fans interesting particularly the way we can all bicker about the speculative probability of truth. Vegas anyone?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Seven wrote:

I don't really care if these are in the booklet or not they have a relevance to GnR. Better than contemplating what he will wear in 2008.

Amen to that.  Good post Seven.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The label wouldn't sit on the album that long. It's bullshit.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

The label wouldn't sit on the album that long. It's bullshit.

maybe it's comfy, it comes with a pillow included in the casing ("my favourite pillow" anyone? big_smile)

anyways, we're in december 2007 and we're already starting rumours for november 2008. man, even the "insiders" don't know what to say anymore 16

Board footer