You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: Video tour of GN'Rs backstage area

WARose wrote:

great..  the video is blocked in germany...

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:

Funny those Swedes after the show there, trashing Axl to the max.

"Where's Slash"
"Nothing without Slash.."
Etc etc

And then I keep thinking..what if Slash HAD been there.

Would they still bitch?

I think they actually would, they would just turn on something else..

"Not as good as they used to be..."
"Slash and Axl got fat..."
"Their new album (if had been made) is nothing compared to AFD"
"Slash lost it and Axl sings bad"

It's so easy to bitch and whine.

i dunno about that

people actually like Slash
for the most part they don't like Axl - even people that go to GnR shows these days a lot of them don't like Axl
Slash is almost universally loved. i think the fanbase & interest in GnR today would be much bigger & 'nicer' were Slash still in the band.

& in fairness to him, Slash is playing fierce these days. & Axl sounds great most nights w/GnR..

it's such a shame..

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

This is why I rolled my eyes when people were making fun of Katie Perry for her preshow demands. The only thing that she did that Axl doesn't do as far as we know is scalp her own tickets... which is pretty bad, but I'm guessing more artists do it than we think.

And by the way, I don't think either GNR or Katie Perry need to be criticized for their preshow stuff. It's their money, their show, whatever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That was live era WTTJ playing that they synced up.  Never mind, maybe its the studio, either way, I knew it wasn't the new band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to mention Axl Rose is AXL FUCKING ROSE. Katy Perry is like the Debbie Gibson of her era. HUGE fuckin' difference.

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But when the chick tries to explain the seperation bullshit between Axl's shit versus the rest, it's a total fuckin' joke and frankly embarassing. It shows you how much a "certain family" keeps their vampire teeth in the side of his ass.

Really? I mean, I also feel that the whole Brazilian-family-personal-assistant/management thing is kinda wierd.

But really? They "keep their vampire teeth in the side of his ass"?

What have come out that I missed that was so horrible?

It's just a phrase to describe infinite beggars and hangers on.

Sky Dog wrote:

I thought Axl was just a club act these days...somebody's toting that bill and it ain't Ax....as much as you guys wanna give him shit, you don't roll like that and not have some form of solid financial backing at this stage. These promoters know the story. If the boy needs bananas and Grolsch.....he gets it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Axl having a room like that and traveling separate from the rest of GNR is completely and totally different from Katy Perry keeping entire sections of tickets to put on ticket broker sites herself to charge fans four to five times face value.

She does that? Damn thats outrageous.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In case you're interested Olorin, this link explains Katy's, frankly ILLEGAL AS FUCK, policy in a bit more detail.

From her rider...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/katy- … der?page=5

madagas wrote:

I thought Axl was just a club act these days...somebody's toting that bill and it ain't Ax....as much as you guys wanna give him shit, you don't roll like that and not have some form of solid financial backing at this stage. These promoters know the story. If the boy needs bananas and Grolsch.....he gets it.

Obviously. But it kind of shocks me. I know alot of promoters, specifically internationally would probably cup his balls to this day on that stuff, but the longer the new band continues on like this, some of that shit is bound to have to get scaled back. Even if they tour the states, they're like what, a slightly bigger seller than The Cult? Even Crue & Poison do bigger numbers.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've worked backstage at some festivals and stuff here in Australia and there's nothing in that video that strikes me as blatently shocking.

Bands asking for stuff backstage is the Rock and Roll version of you or I going on a company work trip overnight and being allowed to charge a reasonably good dinner and drinks, or the hotel minibar to the company tab as part of the trip. It's very standard...bands expect it and so do the promoters who book the bands.

The big secret in Rock is that it sort of sucks being on tour. There's perks - It's fun on stage, there's groupies, there's seeing the world. But just like any massive overseas holiday it doesn't take much to start to throw you - you're not in your home bed, it's hard to eat right or exercise and so on - and if the tours not well planned then the shows can get physically draining on the body - and of course the travel itself is punishing. Late nights, early mornings, hours on a bus or a jet...having to peform when jetlagged etc.

I'm not saying it's not a cool job and the life - but most musicans welcome some of the comforts of home as a small touch to greatly improve their happiness - which is why they get specific about brands of beverage and little things like that.

But I don't see anything all that odd here. It's not like Axl's asked for there to be an Elephant at every dressing room, or for all crew to paint their skin blue or anything all that strange. He's got some drinks, a tredmill, and some specs that makes it possible for him to sleep in his dressing room and stuff....big fuss about nothing IMO.

Board footer