You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: The Walking Dead

-D- wrote:

Lori seemed a bit conniving telling Rick all that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would fuck Lori and the blonde that fucked shane in the car.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

All my friends watch this show, how many seasons were there? I wanna check it out.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Otis could have made it, they had the ammo of a small army....

Actually, they were out of ammo. I think Shane only had one or two bullets left.

I'm interested in where the Shane/Andrea thing is going. They touched on it in the last season. But she's turning into a bad ass, too. Plus, they were humping. It's totally going to change the dynamic of the group.

But I'm thinking Lori wants Shane dead. What if she still wants him? That's where the whole Andrea thing is going to get good.

That would be an incredibly interesting angle if Lori found herself strangely attracted to Shane in an almost Darwianian-fashion. Like Lori loves Rick, but Lori thinks Shane is the best for Carl, her survival, and the future of humans in general simply because Shane is in full-blown animal survival-mode. Rick & Shane, neither seem like the type to share a woman, even though in a Mad Max-world, that would be the reality they would be dealing with and should be dealing for the survival of the species. Shane seems to be on that level, but no one else seems to have gotten there yet. They still think the world is gonna reverse and go back to the way it was, and they're hoping for that. The reality is they need to learn ways to adapt to the world they are living in.

Shane is adapting. They aren't. Like i've said earlier in the thread, humanity and true survival cannot philosophically co-exist. They just can't. Shane & Rick represent a philosophical paradox, which is what makes the show so fascinating.

Hopefully the two of them are heading for a showdown at high noon.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would fuck Lori and the blonde that fucked shane in the car.

Not much for the blonde, but I would WRECKKKKKK Lori!

She is exactly my type, so yeah i'd be on that in nanoseconds. Although i'd have her on a tighter leash than Rick. The women have all proven (including the Asian dude's new girl), that they are completely ill-equipped to handle themselves in the real world. Hell the little girl lost her life for it.

I wouldn't be training Lori in arms-expertise (like Shane is with the blonde), but I would be pulling a Kyle Reese and training Lori into an almost Sarah Connor-like state.

It's not just about being good with guns and killing walkers. It's about using more of your senses, being smarter, and trusting your instincts and senses.

If you don't trust Shane and the blonde, you kill them before they kill you. Don't wait for Rick to handle it.

Shane might be in survival mode, but to quote a great man, "he can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He will not stop until you and everyone you know IS DEAD!"

It's time for Lori to grow some balls if she wants and she wants Carl to survive. Rick has to be able TO TRUST that Lori will take care of the pack AND have his back in the same fashion, and vice versa, no matter what.

Lori ain't there. She's still too pussy.

BLS-Pride wrote:

All my friends watch this show, how many seasons were there? I wanna check it out.

Season 1 (2010):

6 one-hour episodes

Season 2 (2011-12):

13 episodes (8 have aired)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If the camp breaks up into factions it's going to be awesome. The X factor is Daryl.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Daryl is crazy enough to kill Shane!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree. Daryl is the most likeable character on the show. Even with his white trash brother, it was obvious Daryl didn't feel the same way about the world, and Daryl doesn't have the same hatred in his heart that his brother did.

That is very important because it made Daryl a sympathetic, vunerable character. It made him imperfect, but relatable. I've known many like Daryl living in the old Confederacy, like Daryl's rural Georgia background.

Daryl is a survivalist, and without a doubt THE MOST INTELLIGENT and savvy of the entire group (how ironic? The white trash Southerner).

I can only hope that Daryl figures how Shane, or makes his power move before it's too late.

An interesting angle would be like I said, if Daryl suddenly tried to go after Shane AND Rick, and suddenly you've got a triple threat match in the group, rather than just a showdown between Rick & Shane. Daryl seems like the one character that is sick to death of the Rick & Shane dynamic on the show.

My guess if they broke down into factions, Dale, the old woman, the asian kid and his girl would back Daryl. The blonde and the black dude would back Shane. Lori, Carl and the old man back Rick.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

In the end, I think Daryl sides more with Rick, cause he isn't in love with Lori so his motives aren't tainted and selfish like Shane is.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Daryl will stick with Rick because it's clear, no matter how he wants to isolate himself, he really does want to be part of the group.

I think Shane will end up trying to take out Carl. He's starting to go psycho. You could explain what he did to Otis as smart, but his intentions seem to be soley to get Lori back.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but in some ways you can sympathize with Shane.

He probably was always a bit psycho and anti-social, and finally found some normalcy in an abnormal world with Lori & Carl as his adopted family.

Rick's return basically stole Shane's family, in Shane's mind. You can't blame him for wanting it back. But the reality is he'd have to elimate Rick to make that happen, and then of course Lori & Carl would never ever dream of loving him.

Shane would have to secretly and covertly kill Rick to make it happen, and seeing how Dale has already caught him once, look for Shane to start picking off the power players in the group starting with Dale, then Daryl, then Rick.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Shane can't completely be taken off the show, because he makes the show just like the others. But there could be an "exile" situation where Shane & the blonde flee together and start their own faction with a different group, while the main group part ways.

Then of course that story could play out over Seasons 3 & 4.

Board footer