You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Walking Dead

misterID wrote:

I can't tell you how badly I want to see Dale killed off. I hate that dude.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At first I was a fan, but yeah the character kinda lost me when he had the chance to kill Shane. I liked Dale's line about "i'd rather die quicker, and keep my soul" or something like that. It showed some honor and a code on Dale's side.

Then he lost me forever when he ran around basically bad mouthing Shane to anyone who would listen, like a small town gossiper/nosy neighbor rat bastard.

Couldn't fucking stand him from that point forward.

At this point i'm rooting for Daryl. Not only does he remind me of the guys I grew up around, but I think he kinda reminds me of me quite a bit. So Daryle ftw.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The pathetic badgering of Andrea just made me hate him. Whatever they were aiming for with his character has failed. He's deteriorated into being the guy who wants to fuck the hot chick and totally becomes a douche; trying to act like he's just concerned about her as "a friend" while bad mouthing people she's actually interested in, trying to make her to feel obligated to him (that he "saved" her) for helping her, and all he does is whine and mope and complain. All because he wants to fuck her. PATHETIC!

I swear I want to shoot him in the leg and let the zombies eat him.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You know Daryl isn't even in the graphic novel? He's a good creation for the series.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

The pathetic badgering of Andrea just made me hate him. Whatever they were aiming for with his character has failed. He's deteriorated into being the guy who wants to fuck the hot chick and totally becomes a douche; trying to act like he's just concerned about her as "a friend" while bad mouthing people she's actually interested in, trying to make her to feel obligated to him (that he "saved" her) for helping her, and all he does is whine and mope and complain. All because he wants to fuck her. PATHETIC!

I swear I want to shoot him in the leg and let the zombies eat him.

Ehhh, maybe. I don't see Dale quite that way. I think he has a legit beef with Andrea, that she did wrong by him in some way in his head. I don't necessarily think it was all about fucking him.

It was obvious from the very beginning of the series that he HATED Shane, and Shane HATED him. Life works that way. Dale takes Andrea and her sister under his wing (maybe it was to fuck Andrea, I dunno), but I think Dale was thinking he was grooming her to kinda see the world and the situation the same way he did.

Then she breaks away.

Well that's gonna burn him.

BUT, she broke away and fell onto the cock of the biggest, hated, mortal enemy of Dale, and then looked and smiled, and had a "what, me?" look on her face.

How would you feel?

But at same time Dale has to find his closure with it. He either needs to accept Andrea is an unappreciative cunt, or he needs to grow some balls and kill Shane, and put a gun to Andrea's head and say, "get in the truck bitch".

Either way, he needs to get over it, I agree.

But in Andrea's defense, I don't think she slighted Dale purposely. I think Andrea is finally finding her strength and she wants to actually survive for a change (instead of committing suicide), and Andrea like any sane person sees Shane as a survivalist, and Dale as a pussy.

And that's a truely honest statement. Dale isn't hiding "for his humanity" (that would apply to Rick), Dale is hiding because he's a big, fat... PUSSY.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Shane is Axl rose...
Rick is Slash....
Lori is Stephanie Seymore....
Dale is Duff....
Daryl is Adler....
Andrea is Dizzy....
The two dead dudes from Philly are Robin and Huge... Lol!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I completely agree. Daryl is the most likeable character on the show. Even with his white trash brother, it was obvious Daryl didn't feel the same way about the world, and Daryl doesn't have the same hatred in his heart that his brother did.

That is very important because it made Daryl a sympathetic, vunerable character. It made him imperfect, but relatable. I've known many like Daryl living in the old Confederacy, like Daryl's rural Georgia background.

Daryl is a survivalist, and without a doubt THE MOST INTELLIGENT and savvy of the entire group (how ironic? The white trash Southerner).

I can only hope that Daryl figures how Shane, or makes his power move before it's too late.

An interesting angle would be like I said, if Daryl suddenly tried to go after Shane AND Rick, and suddenly you've got a triple threat match in the group, rather than just a showdown between Rick & Shane. Daryl seems like the one character that is sick to death of the Rick & Shane dynamic on the show.

My guess if they broke down into factions, Dale, the old woman, the asian kid and his girl would back Daryl. The blonde and the black dude would back Shane. Lori, Carl and the old man back Rick.

There is a strong possibility with that kind of scenario. Daryl made the show interesting during the search of the first part of this season. They made him a strong character. Hopefully the creators of the show use him more with the group dynamic  and the dialogue.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You know Daryl was written specifically for the TV show? He's not in the comic. All the characters, outside of Rick, have veered completely different than they have from the Graphic novel. That's why it's so exciting.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Shane is Axl rose...
Rick is Slash....
Lori is Stephanie Seymore....
Dale is Duff....
Daryl is Adler....
Andrea is Dizzy....
The two dead dudes from Philly are Robin and Huge... Lol!

good list.. id say Duff is the Asian guy, Matt would be Dale.. both annoying as fuck

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point D, both Dale and Asain are spineless... Lol...

Board footer