You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Maybe the cost of renting out a theatre for two nights vs. renting out an arena for one night makes more sense.

Quite possible...a second night somewhere translates to another accomodation charge for everyone in the band and crew, and another per diem allowance for everyone in the band and crew. Something that one would have to factor in when working out what's most profitable.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm in the middle between you guys and the cynics. I'm not as excited as I thought i'd be, because there's some heavier shit going on in my life right now, and I might or might not be able to afford to go. If I can - great, if not - oh well, more important shit to handle, that's life.

However I will say that at this point, hoping for anything beyond a AFD/CD hits show is probably futile. You know what you're getting. If you want to wait 3 hours way beyond when you should to see Axl and a bunch of guys called Guns N' Roses put on a great show in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD that's great.

But there is no way in hell i'm driving cross state lines, or "300 miles" bullshit.

Don't take it personally, there's not many artists i'd do that for. The ONLY one i'd do it for is the REAL Guns N' Roses, and seeing how they're not touring right now... well... self explanatory.

Best of luck to GN'R in 2011 in the U.S., and I hope all of us can make multiple shows (within reason)

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

That's really unfortunate. I was guessing the everyone along with me who'd been bitching up a storm for a US tour would actually be happy when it happened.

I was referring to people in general...

...and it hasn't happened yet.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

That's really unfortunate. I was guessing the everyone along with me who'd been bitching up a storm for a US tour would actually be happy when it happened.

I was referring to people in general...

...and it hasn't happened yet.

I firmly believe it will.

They burned me once...that's their fault.  It's my fault if it happens again.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

If it happens, and if I can tie it to something else I want to do, I will probably go.  What I mean by that is that I will probably fly to Chicago to see them (if I see them).  If it turns into a pile of shit again, I can still see family and friends.  I wouldn't fly somewhere just to see them because I'll never be confident the show will actually happen until they are on stage playing and the show would be the only reason for the trip.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

On a brighter note, after reading that UYI article, i'm in a lot more positive mindset about a new Guns tour this fall in the U.S.

Thanks Russ

Board footer