You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

Business as usual playing gigs? What else are they supposed to do? Make a "Guns N' Roses airshow" with Axl Rose flying the F-22?

There's always the argument "they should rather make a new record".

Jesus Christ, it took them a fucking 10 years to do the last one, to even complain and say "go to the studio" is like asking for nothing going on. That's BOREDOM my friend. I think we all remember those days? Axl shouldn't go anywhere near a bloody studio if you ask me. If he does we might see him again in 2021

Completely missed my point. I said nothing about a new album.

I've been dying for a US tour for 5 years. That's my point. So yes, them playing yet another show on the other side of the planet means nothing to me.

You think it's boring. I was simply guessing what you might mean by "it's boring" thinking it was because it "the same old touring" argument.

It's an odd way of thinking though. GNR playing shows somewhere else means nothing to you. What if those shows are the start of plans of playing in your hometown. Would you care then? Or can't you see that far?

Sky Dog wrote:

I think the US dates were just made up ...another bullshit rumor. No reason to get pissy with each other. big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

apparently an October 14th date in Asuncion, Paraguay is pretty much a done deal according to estabanf over @ HTGTH...the promoter answered a tweet about the show...no word on a venue yet but they are supposed to announce that on Aug 4th

for those who even remotely care 16 ... looks like the venue is going to be Hipódromo de Asunción (AKA Jockey Club Racetrack) so i added it as a unconfirmed date

madagas wrote:

I think the US dates were just made up ...

yeah thats why i didnt add them in the first post yet smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Business as usual playing gigs? What else are they supposed to do? Make a "Guns N' Roses airshow" with Axl Rose flying the F-22?

There's always the argument "they should rather make a new record".

Jesus Christ, it took them a fucking 10 years to do the last one, to even complain and say "go to the studio" is like asking for nothing going on. That's BOREDOM my friend. I think we all remember those days? Axl shouldn't go anywhere near a bloody studio if you ask me. If he does we might see him again in 2021

I see your point, but considering Axl took over a decade and a half off... we're owed (yep I said it) many albums for years.

What's the point in following Axl Rose solo, if he's not gonna put out material?

This isn't like a reunited Eagles getting together 25 years later and recording ONE new album, and touring the hits. If Axl had the real band with him, I wouldn't give him near the amount of hell for being a nostalgia act. I just don't like all of us, band included, sitting around pulling each others dicks (which GNR's Twitter seems to do on a daily basis)

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I see your point, but considering Axl took over a decade and a half off... we're owed (yep I said it) many albums for years.

What's the point in following Axl Rose solo, if he's not gonna put out material?

This isn't like a reunited Eagles getting together 25 years later and recording ONE new album, and touring the hits. If Axl had the real band with him, I wouldn't give him near the amount of hell for being a nostalgia act. I just don't like all of us, band included, sitting around pulling each others dicks (which GNR's Twitter seems to do on a daily basis)

i agree.
axl has had his chance to prove he has a valid band & ground to call the band GnR but his lack of activity has, for me finally, condemned him to be 'the bad guy' or the one who really did ruin it.

i know i know faldor etc will excuse axl due to his problems & that we're lucky to have gotten anything
but we're not. it's axl's fault. he got what he wanted (control of the band) & has proceeded to do fuck all with it, except tarnish it's legacy & release one mess of an album. in nearly 20years i might add. how much material have slash & duff & izzy produced in that time?

it's completely unfair to the fans, axl's behaviour. to subject us to the idea that Dj Ashba or even Bumble are GnR guitarists is egregious & for me one of the final straws that broke the camels back. the hypocrisy alone is enough to drive me furious. they parade around the internets promoting their own wares & talking like well whipped slaves @ any mention of GnR (tho in fairness to Bumble he has dissented somewhat last year) all the while amassing a ton of followers & cash for contributing nothing or very little to the legacy of what should be the greatest rock band since zeppelin.

it's really sad & outrageous what he & they have done & continue to perpetrate.

now GnR albums always took a long fucking time to come out. but since CD was finally dropped there has been very very little evidence that axl/GnR care about releasing or creating new material.
that is absolutely inexcusable.
if axl doesn't want to do this shit he should just pack it in, cause it is UNFAIR of him to come out of his cocoon every 4 or 5 years & play AFD-heavy setlists.
i mean i love it when axl gets out there & makes a scene, he is an absolutely amazing rock star & there's really no excuse apart from his cowardice to put his music out there. this goes all the way back to the bad old days even before the HOB/RiR shows where he debuted new material & the fear he had about being judged.

he has created an utter mess out of what was the best hard rock band maybe of all time. & he has contributed what, 14 songs since Slash & Duff left. for all the energy, never mind money, his fans have spent on him it's just not a good enough return ESPECIALLY when the excuses are so well-worn & flimsy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In hind-sight, I would've much rather had the rest of the band secure the rights to the band name than Axl. And I hate to say that, but at least they would've done SOME THING with it.

Might've sucked, but they'd of given it the 'ole college try I guarantee you.

Axl didn't do shit but hoard the fuckin' name, then be a lazy ass with it.

Sky Dog wrote:

15 songs Jon....:haha:  you forgot Oh My God

Board footer