You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

plenty of coverage of people that clearly are not slash or duff.

Whos' Duff? Seriosuly that's what the general public woudl think. It's only Slash and Axl they care about. I also thought it was funny that they just showed silhouettes or very quick shots. YES they are trying to fool the public with that as well as "all THEIR classic hits" But at the same time it's clear Slash is not in the promo so.... You codl look at it both ways.  They're getting better but they aren't there yet and to be honest I think it's obvious they're still relying on subliminal suggestions that this is genuine Guns N' Roses to sell tickets.

To be fair there is a clear shot of DJ at the end but the general public has no clue who that is either so....

However at this point even Joe blow should  know this isn't the Guns N' Roses they want to see so those who are buying tickets must know by now.... ya'd like to think. Especially since Slash just did a solo album and tour

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

they know hes not slash. they know they don't see slash. they know they see a bunch of people they don't recognize. this is a business and ofcourse they are gonna sell axl. followed by a bit of ashba. well done imo.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

plenty of coverage of people that clearly are not slash or duff.

To be fair there is a clear shot of DJ at the end but the general public has no clue who that is either so....

However at this point even Joe blow should  know this isn't the Guns N' Roses they want to see so those who are buying tickets must know by now.... ya'd like to think. Especially since Slash just did a solo album and tour

Why would they show/feature the other members of the band that people don't know/care about?  I gave out another copy of CD to a friend yesterday and he asked me who was in the band.  I didn't even bother getting into the details, I just said, "you wouldn't know anyone besides Dizzy".  I asked if he had heard of Sixx AM, but he hadn't, so it wasn't worth trying to explain who Bumblefoot or Richard Fortus was.

Obviously, the focus is on Axl.  He is going to sell tickets, along with the name Guns N' Roses.  As good as the rest of the guys in the band are, nobody is going to see Frank Ferrer or Chris Pitman.  And obviously telling the public that they're playing over 2 hours of their classic hits is aimed at getting more people to buy tickets.

It's business 101 folks, not rocket science.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Yeah no kidding. Never said it wasn't a  business. In fact my post seems to clearly suggest they are doing it this way to sell tickets. We all know it so... Thats' the point. they are never gonna feature the other guys cause they don't want people saying "who?" So they promo it as Guns N' Roses with very vague footage of the new guys and say "performing  all THEIR classic hits" rather than "Performing all  THE classic hits" 

never said it wasn't business 101. They know what they are doing(not really but still haha)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Yeah no kidding. Never said it wasn't a  business. In fact my post seems to clearly suggest they are doing it this way to sell tickets. We all know it so... Thats' the point. they are never gonna feature the other guys cause they don't want people saying "who?" So they promo it as Guns N' Roses with very vague footage of the new guys and say "performing  all THEIR classic hits" rather than "Performing all  THE classic hits" 

never said it wasn't business 101. They know what they are doing(not really but still haha)

Just emphasizing your point. 19

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

For fuck sake, are some of you on your period or what? The nitpicking in the last couple of days has took off to farcical levels, I cant even tell if you's are serious anymore...

Isnt that footage the same as this with a couple of shots from Reading and a new animation thrown in?

[youtube]6krLQ-S3KSI&feature=related[/youtube]

Funny I dont remember anyone saying when these promos came out in 2010 that it was all part of some convoluted and diabolical masterplan to fool the public the original members of GN'R had secretly reformed 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A Friday night in Atl might work.  If I go, I'll wait to the last minute to buy tickets...maybe I can get them free.

Edit: Never mind.  It's Wednesday.  That's the two major cities I could attend both being on a week night.  Interesting.

lol

apparently del booked the tour based on spite towards posters on certain msg boards, so you never know..

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A Friday night in Atl might work.  If I go, I'll wait to the last minute to buy tickets...maybe I can get them free.

Edit: Never mind.  It's Wednesday.  That's the two major cities I could attend both being on a week night.  Interesting.

lol

apparently del booked the tour based on spite towards posters on certain msg boards, so you never know..

It's interesting because they can't get a weekend spot.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

However at this point even Joe blow should  know this isn't the Guns N' Roses they want to see so those who are buying tickets must know by now....r

Haven't read this whole thread and it's probably been said already, but it's been obvious since the 2002-current US tours that Joe Blow knows its not the 87-93 lineups.  The proof in that pudding is the near/half empty venues. Whether or not they use 'deceptive' strategies to blur the lines to put more asses in seats, or media outlets use pics/video of the old band, people know it's the Axl show. Slash never left pop culture  and Axl and the rotating cast has difficulty selling out The Joint in Vegas.

Anyone who still thinks Slash is in GNR needs a lobotomy.

Board footer