You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Just out of curiosity...

Don't you guys have x-amount of vacation-days at your disposal during a work-year? Or is that just us in "socialized-Europe"?
smile

If you do, isn't GNR worth a day off?

I think so. I took off both days in 2006 for GN'R.

But you don't tell them that. Never. I don't know about socialized Europe, but alot of employers in America was a "damn good reason" for you not coming into work, and a rock show ain't it. They claim "responsibility", but the reality is, its passive-aggressive.

In other words -- "if I gotta come into work, by God you've gotta come into work".

It was not a popular decision in the office, but I didn't give a fuck.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

in january 2010 i booked the day off following a gnr show.......in 2006 i did too i think, but then again not everyone is as familiar with how things work with the band as we are...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I do home health physical therapy, so unfortunately I can't afford to take a day off............... But I am going anyway.. I make my own schedule so I'll just bump them back 2 hours each or so as many as i can on Friday.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

When GNR played in Toronto I took a four day vacation to go. I was only part time, so it wasn't a huge deal. But, I was going whether they said yes or no. This time I think I can just do the weekend, as I don't plan on driving 4+ hours home at 2am. I am part time again, which helps, but if I get a no I will basically beg every employee I find to help me out. Nothing comes between me and seeing Axl. Period.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:

So, this is new, right?

"THE ROCK 106.9 WCCC

http://www.wccc.com/

Holy Cold Monday Morning!!!! Picozzi & Miss Klonk here with Special Guest ZUKO sitting in for Picozzi....we have tix to GUNS N' ROSES (YES, you read correctly) at The Comcast Theatre and tix to LONI LOVE at The Funny Bone Comedy Club! Plus, we will still be qualifying you for the trip to the 48 Hours Festival in Las Vegas when we play the 48 Hours Festival Montage. Also, We have Hit Or Diss @ 9:30. Requests?? Thanks for hanging this morning!!"

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=179074

Hell F'ing yeah!  Nice and local for me, on a weekend, smaller venue.  Couldn't be happier.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Just out of curiosity...

Don't you guys have x-amount of vacation-days at your disposal during a work-year? Or is that just us in "socialized-Europe"?
smile

But you don't tell them that. Never. I don't know about socialized Europe, but alot of employers in America was a "damn good reason" for you not coming into work, and a rock show ain't it. They claim "responsibility", but the reality is, its passive-aggressive.

In other words -- "if I gotta come into work, by God you've gotta come into work".

Hm... Interesting!

Here in Norway, you get 5 weeks vacation pr. year. And you, sort of, by law HAVE to take those weeks. If you're a fulltime employee, it's illegal for your employer to "buy your vacation-days" if he needs you to work.
On top of that. Last year, I became a dad. So this year I got an extra 10 weeks for paternity leave, fully paid (this year the govn. bumped it up to 12 weeks)! The mother gets 47 weeks paternity leave, fully paid.

Sorry to go a bit off topic!

Anyway, nice to see that a lot of you guys are sacrificing, or at least have sacrificed some of your vacation to go see GNR.
Then again, in some cases, it's a bit of a drag if you feel forced into it by late starts...
Last year, I took 4 days off to see GNR in Bergen and Oslo. But if they had played in my hometown (Stavanger), I would have taken the next day of, regardless of late start, in order to "make a night of it"!
smile

The tour is really startin' to roll out now. Still a lot of major cities to go...

To be honest, I am a bit nervous for this tour. There's prolly not a lot of goodwill among the concert/promotor-industry-people left for GNR. If this tour goes tits up, there prolly won't be many future shows in the US. So fingers crossed!
hmm

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

I would have taken the next day of, regardless of late start, in order to "make a night of it"!
smile

That's what's the shits about the late starts. When venues stop serving alcohol or even food before Gn'R hits the stage that blows and then when you don't even get out of the venue untill after 1:00am it's too late to go anywhere to have a few drinks so the night is fucked.  That's what really bugs me.  His late starts basically spoil the entire evening in a  sense. A normal start time is so much cooler for everyone.

Also one thing that has always bugged me is when people gripe about ticket prices for other bands. Well those other bands don't force you into all these fucked up decisions. Like should I go early and see the opening band or should I just wait till later. When you buy a  ticket to another band you know when things will take place so you can plan accordingly. It would have really pissed me off if when I saw Muse open for U2 if I had to decide if I wanted to be there early and see Muse perform at 7:30 and then wait till 11:30 or later for U2 to come on stage after Muse finished at 8:30 or just skip Muse altogether and show up aroudn 10:30.  That's what you have to put up with, with Gn'R. You actually have to decide if it's worth it to see the opening band or take your chances and just wait. That's called ripping the fans off. Know what I mean?

You can't plan shit with Gn'R and in the end that DOES take a lot of the enjoyment out of the experience.   I never saw Baz or the suicide girls open for them the two times I saw them in 2006 because of this shit so I paid full price for my ticket and even though I got to see Gn'R I missed out on the other acts because of it. Also we couldn't go for drinks after the show with my buddies cause well it was after 1:00am both times and where the fuck would we go at that time when last call is at 2:00am. Also both venues stopped serving before Gn'R even hit the stage. Brutal.

And no I'm not complaining for the sake of it here I'm just calling it like it is. The Late starts seriously take away from it all cause I'd loev to make a night of thisng when I go see shows but with Gn'R that's nearly impossible to do. Unless you consider sitting in an arena waiting for 3 hours making a  night of it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

we are spoiled in Europe with holidays, I get 30 days a year!!
With gigs I usually go straight from work to the bar then on to the gig and sleep off the hangover the next day on a day off.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Just out of curiosity...

smile

Hm... Interesting!

Here in Norway, you get 5 weeks vacation pr. year. And you, sort of, by law HAVE to take those weeks. If you're a fulltime employee, it's illegal for your employer to "buy your vacation-days" if he needs you to work.
On top of that. Last year, I became a dad. So this year I got an extra 10 weeks for paternity leave, fully paid (this year the govn. bumped it up to 12 weeks)! The mother gets 47 weeks paternity leave, fully paid.

Sorry to go a bit off topic!

Anyway, nice to see that a lot of you guys are sacrificing, or at least have sacrificed some of your vacation to go see GNR.
Then again, in some cases, it's a bit of a drag if you feel forced into it by late starts...
Last year, I took 4 days off to see GNR in Bergen and Oslo. But if they had played in my hometown (Stavanger), I would have taken the next day of, regardless of late start, in order to "make a night of it"!
smile

The tour is really startin' to roll out now. Still a lot of major cities to go...

To be honest, I am a bit nervous for this tour. There's prolly not a lot of goodwill among the concert/promotor-industry-people left for GNR. If this tour goes tits up, there prolly won't be many future shows in the US. So fingers crossed!
hmm

FIVE WEEKS OF VACATION EACH YEAR?!?!?!

I'll be at your house within the hour... where do I take the citizenship test?

Board footer