You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Sky Dog wrote:

"there are so many better live bands today with much better frontmen because as much as everyone on a   GUns N' Roses site likes to preach how Axl blows everyone away he doesn't anymore. Inconsistent vocals, geriatric dance moves, shitty sound mixes, late starts, half assed efforts if something is bothering him. "

Bono, I was with you until this part. I just think a half assed Axl is still better than 90% of what I hear and see today. There may be a lot of his peers still going strong, but the new rock today is just major crap.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

But if you're LOOKING for something to get upset about...well...then that's another story! And it has nothing to do with Axl Rose not showing up when it's most convenient for you!

Wow! Did you just say that? You think people showing up on time and then waiting 3+ hours maybe four or five for Axl to come on stage is LOOKING for something to be upset about. You think when his set gets cut short because he won't take the stage when he's supposed to is about fans looking for something to complain about? To sit there and smuggly tell me and others that we're simply looking for things to complain about when a band shows up insanely late consistently is bullshit. Not everyone hangs from Axl nuts like you do buddy. It has nothing to do with Axl showing up when it's most convenient for me? I bought the ticket you fool, he better well show up when it's convenient for me. When the start time on a ticket says 7:00pm and the asshole doesn't take the stage untill midnight that's not convenient for anyone. In fact it's flat out disrespectful towards all his fans. No wonder the venues they play are half empty and even less so by the end of the set.

There's a lot of factors that go into it. Like I mentioned the wait time is one, the venues decision to close concessions before Gn'R even hit the stage is another. The drive time home afterwards(I live two hours away  so a show ending after 1:00 am is a pain in the fucking ass).

It's not looking for things to complain about. It's simply recognizing what an F-ing joke he is for doing what he does and no it's not warrented because there are so many better live bands today with much better frontmen because as much as everyone on a   GUns N' Roses site likes to preach how Axl blows everyone away he doesn't anymore. Inconsistent vocals, geriatric dance moves, shitty sound mixes, late starts, half assed efforts if something is bothering him.

Is Axl good? yes. Do his performances justify the antics in 2011? Hell No!

Show up on time and stop being a  little bitch.

Being late = you are SPOT FREAKING ON

Axl sucking = he still can go side-by-side with Bono. So I don't know what you're smoking there. You're starting to sound a 'tad better here man.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wah wah wah.

Look. If Axl Rose's performance in 2011 isn't up to your standard, then why on Earth are you still looking??

Dude is THE best performer alive today. THAT'S why you're still looking. And if you can't admit that to yourself, then I can't help you.

16 Dude I'm a way bigger Gn'R/Axl fan than Eddie Vedder/ Pearl Jam fan or Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters fan and I can tell you flat out these guys own Axl on stage in 2011. Vocally(Eddie Vedder) and stage presence(both of them) they do and outside of the Gn'R circle of fans the majority of the world will agree with me. These guys bring it every fucking night, they respect their fans, their fans respect them and YES it all adds up to a much better fucking show.

Gn'R is my second favoriute band but apparently I'm one of the very few he can take the Axl blinders off. If you guys seriously think Axl is the best performer on the planet in 2011 you guys are so out of touch it's not even funny. It comes down to performance and russtcb if you think I'm still looking because Axl is the best performer ont he planet dude you are massively fucking dellusional. That and you've not paid a an ounce of attention to anything I've posted over the years.

Axlin I never said Axl sucks I simply aknowledge the fact he isn't the king of the live performance anymore. He simply isn't. he's not consistent enough and he does not command the crowd the way Grohl, Vedder, Bono and others do these days.  Does he still have his Axl charisma? yeah he does but believe me guys his peers and a few of the younger guys have surpassed him.

Madags I'm not talking new bands. I'm talking bands that are established. U2, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and bands along those lines. I would never suggest guys like Linkin Park/Chester or Nickelback/Chad Kroeger are above Axl cause that just isn't the case but honesttly guys go to a Foo Fighters concert, go see Pearl Jam, go see U2. These bands and the frontmen in them have their crowds in the palm of their hands today as much as they ever did. You cannot say that about Axl Rose in 2011.

the long and short of it is Axl's performance does not justify his late starts aor his antics in 2011. Axl is one fo the best YES but nothing he does is that great to justify the bullshit. Nothing because truth be told in 2011 he isn't THE best out there.

johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

roll Dave Grohl is doing a  "bad Chris Martin"?. Dude that doesn't even make any sense. Seriously what are you on?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Bruce Dickinson shits on all those guys listed, and I think he's much better than Axl is nowadays. That said the performance Axl gave in 2006 in Glasgow is the best I've ever seen, I seen Bruce a couple of months later and it was good but Axl always seemed to have another gear he went up into the more passionate the crowd got.

Never seen Axl this year in the flesh, but seen Bruce and his performance almost nudged Axls aside is the best I've seen, could'nt beleive some of the vocal acrobatics he was pulling off, especially at his age - although he seems immortal, hasnt aged much, still got the same manic energy levels throughout, and his voice is as powerfull as is was in his youth.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

But if you're LOOKING for something to get upset about...well...then that's another story! And it has nothing to do with Axl Rose not showing up when it's most convenient for you!

Wow! Did you just say that? You think people showing up on time and then waiting 3+ hours maybe four or five for Axl to come on stage is LOOKING for something to be upset about. You think when his set gets cut short because he won't take the stage when he's supposed to is about fans looking for something to complain about? To sit there and smuggly tell me and others that we're simply looking for things to complain about when a band shows up insanely late consistently is bullshit. Not everyone hangs from Axl nuts like you do buddy. It has nothing to do with Axl showing up when it's most convenient for me? I bought the ticket you fool, he better well show up when it's convenient for me. When the start time on a ticket says 7:00pm and the asshole doesn't take the stage untill midnight that's not convenient for anyone. In fact it's flat out disrespectful towards all his fans. No wonder the venues they play are half empty and even less so by the end of the set.

There's a lot of factors that go into it. Like I mentioned the wait time is one, the venues decision to close concessions before Gn'R even hit the stage is another. The drive time home afterwards(I live two hours away  so a show ending after 1:00 am is a pain in the fucking ass).

It's not looking for things to complain about. It's simply recognizing what an F-ing joke he is for doing what he does and no it's not warrented because there are so many better live bands today with much better frontmen because as much as everyone on a   GUns N' Roses site likes to preach how Axl blows everyone away he doesn't anymore. Inconsistent vocals, geriatric dance moves, shitty sound mixes, late starts, half assed efforts if something is bothering him.

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono, I can't stand the Foo Fighters. Just don't like their music, but I can see why others like them. Dave brings it. But since I hate the music, his performance is irrelevant to me.

Definitely agree with you on Pearl Jam. Vedder is always spot on. I have probably seen them 5-10 times over the years.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer