You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

buzzsaw wrote:

Because 5 people talking to each other will get boring pretty quickly.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono, I can't stand the Foo Fighters. Just don't like their music, but I can see why others like them. Dave brings it. But since I hate the music, his performance is irrelevant to me.

Definitely agree with you on Pearl Jam. Vedder is always spot on. I have probably seen them 5-10 times over the years.

I'll chime in on the Eddie Vedder front.  He, and Pearl Jam, are a fantastic live act.  One of the few bands that sound as good live as they do on their official releases. 

Axl is hit or miss, no doubt, but I still say the energy he puts into a performance can outweigh some of the inconsistencies.  Take the 2002 VMA's.  Obviously not one of the finest performances.  But I LOVE the overall energy and vibe put into the whole thing.  Sure WTTJ sounded like crap in parts and mistakes were made, but you cannot deny the electricity that was in the air.

And Bono, of course we're looking at it with "blinders".  We're Guns N' Roses fans, what do you expect?  I'll take a less than perfect performance from Axl Rose anyday of the week over a flawless performance from Jon Bon Jovi ten times over.  You know why?  I'm a Guns N' Roses fan!  I CAN forgive Axl if he doesn't sound spot on, if he makes me wait an extra hour to take the stage.  I'm a fan, I know what I signed up for, I know what I may or may not get, or what may or may not happen.  I get it, I'm fine with it.  If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here and I would've cashed in my fan card a long time ago.  I'm stoked as hell I'm going to get to see my favorite band play 15 minutes from my house, on a weekend, in about 2 months.  And I've gotten 7 ticket requests from friends so far.  Can't wait!

I'm not saying, you, or anyone else has to be as forgiving or optimistic about GNR.  Obviously everyone has their own reasons for the way they feel, and that's fine.  But it just gets tiresome, when the same lame ass arguments are brought up and we're being told how and why this band sucks.  Surely, you can understand that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Oh and, some more cities have been added to the list, though dates aren't finalized yet I guess.  Russ, you got your Detroit show.

From blabbermouth

GUNS N' ROSES: U.S. Tour Announced - Sep. 21, 2011
GUNS N' ROSES will embark on its first U.S. tour in five years this fall. The trek will kick off October 28 in Orlando, Florida and will include stops in 30 cities — fueled by Monster Energy — from October to New Year's Eve. Before hitting the States, GN'R will tour Latin America, starting with a sold-out, headline slot for the closing day of the Rock In Rio festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 2 in front of 75,000 fans.

The tour is scheduled to hit the following cities:

* Oct. 28 - Orlando, FL @ Amway Center Arena
* Oct. 29 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
* Oct. 31 - Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo Center Arena
* Nov. 02 - Atlanta, GA @ Phillips Arena
* [to be announced] - Houston, TX - [to be announced]
* Nov. 05 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavillion
* [to be announced] - Omaha, NE - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Tulsa, OK - [to be announced]
* Nov. 12 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center Arena
* Nov. 13 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center Arena
* [to be announced] - Chicago, IL @ All State Arena
* [to be announced] - East Rutherford, NJ - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Hartford, CT - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Wilkes-Barre, PA - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Worcester, MA - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Camden, NJ - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Detroit, MI - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Cincinnati, OH - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Nashville, TN - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Indianapolis, IN - [to be announced]
* [to be announced] - Denver, CO - [to be announced]

More dates, cities and venue information to be announced very soon.

GUNS N' ROSES made its first U.S. concert appearance in four years and only one of 2010 when it headlined the fifth and final night of the Rock 'N Rev Festival at the 70th annual Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota on August 13, 2010.

GUNS N' ROSES last toured the U.S. in 2006, and has not played any other American shows since the November 2008 release of its "Chinese Democracy" album.

"Chinese Democracy" was made available exclusively through Best Buy. The long-in-the-making, 14-song CD finally arrived 17 years after the last full-length collections of original GUNS material, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II", were released, and nine years after the non-album track "Oh My God" surfaced on the soundtrack of the movie "End Of Days".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no Canada dates yet sad

in 2006/07 NA tour they played 5 warmup dates in LV and Cali then 21 US dates (of a scheduled 29) plus 8 shows in Canada and 1 show in Puerto Rico

so looks to be a little lighter duty this time around

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Give me the option to pay half the ticket price then since if I'm showing up late and will miss the opening acts. The fact you can't comprehend that is a joke.  What you fail to realize is 90% of the people in these buildings don't know how it plays out. You guys act like everyone going to a Gn'R shows knows the ins and outs and spend all their time on a  Gn'R message board. Step out side your online bubble kids.

Gn'R has done a good thing this time though by announcing the start tiems as 9:00 I belive. That's  much better so ther's a positive thing for you guys to chew on.

Russtcb you are dellusional if you think I'm on here because Axl Rose is the best performer in 2011. he was the best performer back in the day. Comprehend that. I was and still am a massive fan of the old band. I really dig the new band BUT Axl's a clown but even saying that I've made it very clear his performance that I saw in 2010 was pretty damn awesome. You're got this problem Russtcb where you are drawn to the so called neagtive comments and you block out the fact those of us who post these "negative" comments also post postive shit quite regularly. Sad part about you is you zone in on what you percieve to be negative and harp on it as though we continue to say the same old bullshit  yet when something is said that you agree with it's just how it should be. Never mind the fact you and guys like Naltav are broken records when it comes to your opinion of the band without any objectivity ever. You guys do nothing but glorify the band/Axl always.

Like you saying the tour will be a success(no matter what) and those who chose to see it differently  well that's another story. What a joke dude.   

In some sad way I hoep this tour gets cancelled and falls apart just so Ican see you guys throw your positive spin on it.  Obvioulsy I'm being sarcastic but seriously.

Anyways I'm going to see how a real band(Pearl Jam) opperates tonight. Would be great if Axl could take notes from a few of these other bands. Anyone who disgarees with that is lieing to themselves.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

GNR would never do anything as cool as this:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Because 5 people talking to each other will get boring pretty quickly.

Sad but true. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Would be great if Axl could take notes from a few of these other bands.

It would be win/win.

Foo Fighters could teach GNR all about showing up on time.

GNR could teach foo fighters guitar big_smile

(Sorry one cheap shot in this thread wasn't enough 16 )

Sky Dog wrote:
Saikin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

GNR would never do anything as cool as this:

whatever....neither would Led Zep, TheWho, or any other good band. Grohl is a jerk....different jerk than Axl but a complete JACKASS.

I love flaming liberals who have NO RESPECT for others views. 4

such a contradiction huh?

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Give me the option to pay half the ticket price then since if I'm showing up late and will miss the opening acts. The fact you can't comprehend that is a joke.  What you fail to realize is 90% of the people in these buildings don't know how it plays out. You guys act like everyone going to a Gn'R shows knows the ins and outs and spend all their time on a  Gn'R message board. Step out side your online bubble kids.

Gn'R has done a good thing this time though by announcing the start tiems as 9:00 I belive. That's  much better so ther's a positive thing for you guys to chew on.

Russtcb you are dellusional if you think I'm on here because Axl Rose is the best performer in 2011. he was the best performer back in the day. Comprehend that. I was and still am a massive fan of the old band. I really dig the new band BUT Axl's a clown but even saying that I've made it very clear his performance that I saw in 2010 was pretty damn awesome. You're got this problem Russtcb where you are drawn to the so called neagtive comments and you block out the fact those of us who post these "negative" comments also post postive shit quite regularly. Sad part about you is you zone in on what you percieve to be negative and harp on it as though we continue to say the same old bullshit  yet when something is said that you agree with it's just how it should be. Never mind the fact you and guys like Naltav are broken records when it comes to your opinion of the band without any objectivity ever. You guys do nothing but glorify the band/Axl always.

Like you saying the tour will be a success(no matter what) and those who chose to see it differently  well that's another story. What a joke dude.   

In some sad way I hoep this tour gets cancelled and falls apart just so Ican see you guys throw your positive spin on it.  Obvioulsy I'm being sarcastic but seriously.

Anyways I'm going to see how a real band(Pearl Jam) opperates tonight. Would be great if Axl could take notes from a few of these other bands. Anyone who disgarees with that is lieing to themselves.

Has anybody ever told you that your way to communicate is a bit of a put off to the majority of people you are addressing? You can get your point across without bludgeoning the other person to death. Honestly, every post you have is a rambling diatribe attacking then pulling back then attacking then pulling back ...such passive/aggressive behavior with those that don't see the world EXACTLY as you do. I agree with a lot of what you say but find your way of communicating to be completely offensive to any intelligent person. Just make your point in a respectful manner and be done with it.

Board footer