You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit to being surprised at all the people buying tickets now when they will be given away later.  There's no chance they sell out these arenas.

No doubt tickets will be available to most of these shows right up until show date, and I've heard many people talk about tickets being GIVEN away.  Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've never been "given" a ticket for free unless it's from someone I know.  Again, maybe I'm just not doing the right things or hanging out in the right circles.  I pay for my tickets to basically all concerts or sporting events.  Let me in on the secret of getting in for free.  Something tells me, it isn't as easy as the picture you paint.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If I remember correctly (and it's certainly possible that I don't), tickets were available for less than 1/2 price (as low as 5 bucks I think) online the days before the shows on their last US tour.  Maybe it's not free, but it's not 89 dollars either.  I heard a lot about tickets being given away as well to fill the arenas, but since I don't live close enough, I can't tell you if it was easy or not.

I'm not discouraging people from buying tickets, but this speaks patience (literally) more than any other concert tour in history.  Supporting the band is great, but paying more than you have to for something (anything) is foolish.  See how things play out...it's not like they are going to sell out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ereeper wrote:

Russ and I can drink a beer in his honor on 12-1.

If you're that big of a fan and they come to my area on a weekend, you can have one with me.  I'll even buy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If I remember correctly (and it's certainly possible that I don't), tickets were available for less than 1/2 price (as low as 5 bucks I think) online the days before the shows on their last US tour.  Maybe it's not free, but it's not 89 dollars either.  I heard a lot about tickets being given away as well to fill the arenas, but since I don't live close enough, I can't tell you if it was easy or not.

I'm not discouraging people from buying tickets, but this speaks patience (literally) more than any other concert tour in history.  Supporting the band is great, but paying more than you have to for something (anything) is foolish.  See how things play out...it's not like they are going to sell out.

I'm actually doing this exact thing too. And i'm really supportive of this tour. So it's nothing "unsupportive".

You know my current situation (i'm gonna get back to you on that job stuff, I promise), so money is an issue, so i'm waiting to see how that stuff plays out.

Right now tickets are being withheld, to sell crappy seats for high money first. I know it. No fuckin' way a new GN'R show in 2011 is nearly sold out already, even if it is the first show of a new tour.

I'm gonna wait either for cheaper seats later on, or i'll grab tix off of StubHub from people selling them at half-face value to give them away.

Just the way it goes with GN'R today. 2011 or 2006.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Didn't they give tickets away for free or in exchange for firearms in Oakland last time?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah it was the "Guns for Guns" promotion.

Like i'm gonna give up a $700 pistol for half-price GN'R tix.

Maybe if I was give an exclusive backstage visit with Axl and 30 minutes alone with Sasha... i'd consider it.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: More U.S. Dates Announced - Oct. 1, 2011
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter
GUNS N' ROSES will embark on its first U.S. tour in five years this fall. The trek will kick off October 28 in Orlando, Florida and will include stops in 30 cities — fueled by Monster Energy — from October to New Year's Eve. Before hitting the States, GN'R will tour Latin America, starting with a sold-out, headline slot for the closing day of the Rock In Rio festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 2 in front of 75,000 fans.

The tour is scheduled to hit the following cities:

Oct. 28 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center Arena
Oct. 29 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
Oct. 31 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center Arena
Nov. 02 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
Nov. 04 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Nov. 05 - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
Nov. 08 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center
Nov. 09 - Norman, OK - Lloyd Noble Center
Nov. 12 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Nov. 13 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Nov. 15 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
Nov. 17 - East Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center
Nov. 19 - Hartford, CT - Comcast Theatre
Nov. 20 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
Nov. 25 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center
Nov. 26 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
Dec. 01 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I get what you're saying, and if I was going to the concert by myself or with a small group I might be more likely to wait it out.  I've done that before.  I went to see Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger this summer with 2 other friends.  We didn't have tickets, but went to tailgate and set a $40 limit on lawn seats.  The first scalper wanted $45 but we said no.  We ended up getting them for $25 each about 10 minutes later. 

But this time around, we had upwards of 10 people interested in going to the show.  It's tough to convince everyone that "we'll just get tickets there for cheaper" when it's that large a group.  Not saying it's not possible, just a little difficult.  Also factoring in getting 10 tickets together, or 5 and 5.  I don't mind paying $90 for a ticket since I'm a huge fan, however I was prepared for that to be an issue with some of my friends.  Fortunately though, it wasn't.  Nobody argued, and everybody was down.  But if anyone had balked, I would've suggested that they could go and try to get tickets for cheaper the day of the show.  I know it is possible, I just didn't want to run that risk for myself.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

I didn't even think about that. I am paranoid, and knowing my luck I wouldn't be able to find or get tickets for cheap right before the show. I actually just got my tickets in the mail yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. Maybe I could have saved some money by waiting, bit honestly I didn't even give it a second thought. I love Axl, and if he's coming to town I'm going to pay. Bottom line.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer