You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody said it's hard to understand why you would buy tickets.  What's hard to understand is why someone would pay more than they have to in order to go.  Just because you can afford to pay more than you have to doesn't mean you should. 

I don't pay full price for any travel or entertainment I do.  I can, I just don't understand the logic of doing it.  So I find somewhere that I want to go, then I find the least expensive way to do it.  I stayed in NYC for the Paul McCartney concert at a 4 star hotel for less than $100 a night.  I flew out of a different (relatively) close airport that was about $75 cheaper than the airport I would usually use.  I could certainly afford to pay more, but why would I?  Neither of those compromised my ability to see the show.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Buying early also assures better locations in the building.  I want to be close, not just in the building.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody said it's hard to understand why you would buy tickets.  What's hard to understand is why someone would pay more than they have to in order to go.  Just because you can afford to pay more than you have to doesn't mean you should. 

I don't pay full price for any travel or entertainment I do.  I can, I just don't understand the logic of doing it.  So I find somewhere that I want to go, then I find the least expensive way to do it.  I stayed in NYC for the Paul McCartney concert at a 4 star hotel for less than $100 a night.  I flew out of a different (relatively) close airport that was about $75 cheaper than the airport I would usually use.  I could certainly afford to pay more, but why would I?  Neither of those compromised my ability to see the show.

Obviously, if you assured me I could get front row tickets for $30 in the parking lot an hour before the show I'd certainly wait it out.  But can you assure that?  NO!  So why take the chance?

Again, if you're going to the concert alone, or with your wife, girlfriend, etc.  Fine.  But when you have large groups of people going to an event, it's tough to just throw caution to the wind and hope something sticks.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

My plan is to get seats in the lower bowl right next to the right of the stage.  I loved watching the bands go on and off the stage and I got Axl to flash me the peace sign in 06 after the Detroit show.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Do you think we will get a mid-week presale?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
ereeper wrote:

Buying early also assures better locations in the building.  I want to be close, not just in the building.

That's not entirely true. The show i'm looking at right now, they are blocking the better seats (there's no way they're sold out), and they haven't even opened the club seating or upper deck yet.

I normally buy early too, but this time i'm waiting it out to see if better seats open up. I'd rather be in the upper deck and closer to the stage, than be in the lower bowl and in the back.

Board footer