You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

buzzsaw wrote:

What happened to the rumored Nashville show?  Did it cancelled before they sold the tickets this time around?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Lee Roy's Rib Shack was all booked up

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got tix for Atlanta, who is going?  I know D said he was, but he will back out.  My friends want me to go cause they know I am a HUGE GNR fan, but, they think its the original band.  When i told them Slash wouldn't be there, they about cried.  We are still going, but I am so worried Axl with suck and they will give me hell for loving GNR.  Pretty much outside of the GNR forums, Slash is loved universally and Axl is still the dick.  That shit hasn't changed in 20 years.

Anyway, I will be there, Nov. 2nd, Phillips Arena.  Axl better fucking bring it. 
The Slash show last year at Center Stage was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

I hear ya.  I have the same fears myself.  I didn't have to beg or urge my friends to get tickets.  But I know damn well if Axl has a Rio like performance or the show isn't up to snuff, I'll get blamed by them.  It's a lot of pressure.  I'll be nervous the day of the show.

Plus, as is the case with most casual fans, all of my friends want to see Slash and call this version fakeGNR.  The usual.

That's why I gave up on inviting people to shows. The one person I had that was totally enthusiastic about it, got killed within the first 2-3 songs at Rio.

I was humiliated. So glad I got high afterwards.

I've totally given up on it. I don't know what else to do to put Axl over. Everytime I come close, he fucks it up legendarily.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well, I've been somewhat lucky in the past, so I hope it continues.  I saw them in Hartford in 2002 with some friends just before the tour got canceled.  Then in 2006 I saw them at MSG with some of the same friends and some different.  This time around we've got a crew going to Hartford, so I hope we can go 3 for 3.  I know that's asking a lot though.

I did PLAN on seeing them in Vegas in 2002.  I was going to be out there for New Years, but never got tickets for that show that got scrapped.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got tix for Atlanta, who is going?  I know D said he was, but he will back out.  My friends want me to go cause they know I am a HUGE GNR fan, but, they think its the original band.  When i told them Slash wouldn't be there, they about cried.  We are still going, but I am so worried Axl with suck and they will give me hell for loving GNR.  Pretty much outside of the GNR forums, Slash is loved universally and Axl is still the dick.  That shit hasn't changed in 20 years.

Anyway, I will be there, Nov. 2nd, Phillips Arena.  Axl better fucking bring it. 
The Slash show last year at Center Stage was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

I hear ya.  I have the same fears myself.  I didn't have to beg or urge my friends to get tickets.  But I know damn well if Axl has a Rio like performance or the show isn't up to snuff, I'll get blamed by them.  It's a lot of pressure.  I'll be nervous the day of the show.

Plus, as is the case with most casual fans, all of my friends want to see Slash and call this version fakeGNR.  The usual.

That's why I gave up on inviting people to shows. The one person I had that was totally enthusiastic about it, got killed within the first 2-3 songs at Rio.

I've totally given up on it. I don't know what else to do to put Axl over. Everytime I come close, he fucks it up legendarily.

I just wanna say.. That's the first time I've ever seen anyone use the word "legendarily"... tongue

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

anyone going to the MN show?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What happened to the rumored Nashville show?  Did it cancelled before they sold the tickets this time around?

The Nashville show still exists, I think.  It's in TBA mode though.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

u shoulda gotten high BEFORE the rio show

my best mate is a hardcore GnR fan but he didn't go see them when they played his hometown belfast as he'd seen them before (02/06) & they were on a weeknight
i missed him on the night of the show & he cost me a lotta money sending him updates  (& of dublin the nxt night)
& of course he wishes he'd went to both nights.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I didn't want to get high before the show, because it hit a rain delay.

I know BLS just gave up, and lit up like 30 minutes before the show eventually..

Maybe if I had, i'd of also been saying "greatest show of all time, Axl '91 revisted, wooooo Guns N' Roses!!!11111"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer