You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

war wrote:

i'm guessing that helps the venue sell more tickets.

many of the "for sures" end up getting their tickets as soon as possible

then the "maybes" are coaxed in to going when they see tickets available the night of the concert 20 yards from the stage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just know that I have no problem in passing on the 'wrong' tickets.

Shows cost WAY too much money today (unless they're Bucket club shows), so you better give me a good damn ticket, or i'll just walk.

Do they care? No, but somebody's gotta make a stand on it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That is the EXACT reason I waited until the last week to buy a ticket. For weeks and weeks and weeks, they kept showing the same shitty ass seats that NOBODY wants, even if it was the '72 Stones, and the whole time I KNEW it was Ticketmaster holding seats back, trying to sell the shit first, then sell the good stuff.

Sorry man, hope it works out. But in the future, like myself, just wait. This is not a "fast trigger" band anymore, and great seats seem to open up at the 11th hour, honestly JUST like Buzz & Lofton said.

Worked for me.

Yup. Lesson learned for sure on that one.

Nearly every GNR show I've been up front (once shaking Axl's hand during "out to get me" in Tampa), this one I won't AND I feel chumped out for buying "pre-sale." Like I said though, I'll find a way down to the stage, I'll guarantee you that. 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

See that fuckin' shit right there in 2011 pisses me the hell of so fuckin' much, sometimes I don't even want to go to 'major act' shows. God damn that pisses me off.

That is the EXACT reason I waited until the last week to buy a ticket. For weeks and weeks and weeks, they kept showing the same shitty ass seats that NOBODY wants, even if it was the '72 Stones, and the whole time I KNEW it was Ticketmaster holding seats back, trying to sell the shit first, then sell the good stuff.

Sorry man, hope it works out. But in the future, like myself, just wait. This is not a "fast trigger" band anymore, and great seats seem to open up at the 11th hour, honestly JUST like Buzz & Lofton said.

Worked for me.

That's fucked up!

Either I'm totally gullible or that kind of shit doesen't happen in Norway!
hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

So ticketmaster had maybe 12 seats available in the good sections as of last night.  TODAY however you can buy FRONT ROW in 104/116 for Orlando! In fact the first 6 rows are totally open. That really pisses me off!

Last night on stubhub I found 2 tickets in 104 for less that what ticketmaster is charging. I bought two (row ten) and will give my original tickets to my step daughter as a gift. Knowing I could have front row drives me nuts!!! Anyway, I'm sure the crowd will thin and I can just make my way down a few rows by the end of the evening. TM pisses me off so much!

Look at all the seats available the day of, right next to the stage!

31783531.gif

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

OK this is hilarious. I just sold my two tickets on CL for 99 bucks! Straight to paypal. They only cost me 100 after my Amex points were applied anyway, so I essentially broke even.

Then went to TM and bought one front row ticket, seat two (from the aisle.) The chance of a single buyer picking up that single aisle seat is really low. Once the show starts, my wife can come down from row ten (tix I got last night on stub hub) and join me on the aisle. My step daughter can sit back on ten and be glad I'm such an awesome guy to surprise her like this. big_smile

I'm up front mofos!

johndivney wrote:

that's a class fucking move man

but naltav is correct, the american concert going experience does seem a hell of a lot different that over here - if there wasn't an unreserved standing area for a rock show.. it would just seem like the weirdest thing.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer