You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

slcpunk wrote:

I saw them both times in LV, but I'm going to sit this one out.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Tbh Cramer, I don't think it holds the same weight in 2011/12 as it did in 2000/01 and 2001/02.

Back then they were a virtually reclusive band, playing "hit and run" shows, tours getting cancelled it was a big deal.

After 2006, they've pretty much performed shows every year except 2008, when CD was released.

So since 2006, they've done SOMEthing every year. It doesn't hold the same weight anymore. It might still be on Axl's schedule, but they're alot more active now than they were 10 years ago.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

For 2001 we drove from Utah to see 'em. I ALMOST sold my tickets at the last minute because I wanted to just do the Vegas thing. My wife talked me out of it though and I was glad because they blew me away. I started posting on the forums shortly after that.

2006 was a rock star year for us in general. Things were good and we were flying all over the place doing stuff. That included following GNR around that year to both NYC and LV. That concert was also a total fucking blast too.

This time, while I loved the Orlando concert, my fevered fan boy status that once existed in 06 has since been downgraded. The value just isn't there anymore in terms of money or time for me. I can go see a show, take it in, appreciate it and that's it. I'd rather take a trip to the Keys or Miami and get a place on the water for a few days instead of seeing a 2cd or 3rd show. Hard to believe I could ever say it, but things change. It's why I've been looking for a partner/new manager for my GNR site now for a while. I love the site, put a lot of work into it, but the passion for the band isn't there. I'd like to see it stay alive in some shape or form, but the time involved in maintaining it...is time I could be doing something more important.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean man. You did a great job with that website. I especially love the Discography section. I wish GN'R had more albums, 'cause I could stare at that all day. Very well done.

I know I haven't put near as much time into the rock concert time as you have, and if there was a GN'R reunion, that i'd probably be willing to saddle up and travel state-to-state for that tour, but things change.

For decent tix these days, you've gotta spend like $100 bucks for ONE person to get in. That's just craziness in this economy. Granted Axl & GN'R always always ALWAYS give the audience their money's worth, but it's still crazy. We paid like $25 bucks to get into that Bucket show in St. Pete back in September, and I don't know about you... but I enjoyed myself just as much at that, for alot cheaper.

I'm kinda outdoors-ey, plus i'd like to get a hot car... there's other things that i'd like to savor about life right now, like a used Viper (see avatar), or like you said a trip somewhere nice... going on the road with Guns ain't exactly what I want to do.

Like I said, it'd take a reunion to get me off my ass, and that's not to slight the 2009-11 band AT ALL. Great band, great shows.

Best of luck with the GNRSyndicate tho... hmm

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Thanks for that! I actually agree, lol, I love the disco.

I think the excitement for me peaked in 06.

I'm an outdoors guy who is moving back west within the year to settle down, so I hear ya.

We are trying to do some more Florida/East Coast stuff before we go back out west (makes sense right?) To fly to LV would cost a pretty penny, plus hotel, food, rental car, etc...it adds up. Or I can take a cruise instead in May. Or go see NYC again...See what I mean?

The Bucket show was phenomenal and affordable, I agree. That's the point too, you can get better bang for your buck for a variety of things, including other musicians.

I'm holding out for a reunion in the next 5-10 years to be honest. This band is great live, but simply haven't produced anything that can compare to what I grew up with (Old GNR). I doubt we'll see any official new music inside of 2-4 y ears either, which lets even more air out of my GnR balloon.

Anyway, it's been a fun ride.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, Cramer and JR, I must say I agree to an extent. My show in Atlanta was incredible, but I have little desire to see it again. I really hope he finishes this tour, all scheduled dates played, on NYE in Vegas. End THIS INSANE Chinese Democracy saga where it began.

Going forward, without new music, my new Gnr experience has come to an end. It ended well but it's time to move on from Chinese Democracy. 10 years is enough. 5

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Funny thing journalists, they have usually trashed this as a cover band playing old hits, and then someone goes on to say "should take away some Chinese songs from the set....."

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer