You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Thanks for that! I actually agree, lol, I love the disco.

I think the excitement for me peaked in 06.

I'm an outdoors guy who is moving back west within the year to settle down, so I hear ya.

We are trying to do some more Florida/East Coast stuff before we go back out west (makes sense right?) To fly to LV would cost a pretty penny, plus hotel, food, rental car, etc...it adds up. Or I can take a cruise instead in May. Or go see NYC again...See what I mean?

The Bucket show was phenomenal and affordable, I agree. That's the point too, you can get better bang for your buck for a variety of things, including other musicians.

I'm holding out for a reunion in the next 5-10 years to be honest. This band is great live, but simply haven't produced anything that can compare to what I grew up with (Old GNR). I doubt we'll see any official new music inside of 2-4 y ears either, which lets even more air out of my GnR balloon.

Anyway, it's been a fun ride.

Great post, really reflective and says alot. This and that DCK post kinda hit home. Alot of time has really passed, and you kinda smile and just go "what's next?" It's not to slight GN'R at all, you just kinda move on with life. Alot of my high school and college years enabled me to follow this saga closely. But i'm getting more and more pinched for time.

Axl's response during the Trunk interview didn't really reassure me that new music was on the horizon, and on top of that his inner circle makes and own batshittiness makes it even more difficult to put something together.

Axl's also getting older, despite what he thinks. I noticed the other night that he's not near as energetic on stage as he used to be. It's probably a conscious decision to protect his voice, and that's fine, but it just goes to show that even he ages.

He just doesn't have the time anymore to sit around and be artistic and take 5-10 years to release something. He already wasted his youth, now it seems he plans on wasting his middle age.

So what's left? What you had in Orlando. And that's fine, but I think there comes a point where you just outgrow it.

So I can totally see that's why you're at where you're at.

Best of luck with final goodbyes and the move back out west man! smile

madagas wrote:

Well, Cramer and JR, I must say I agree to an extent. My show in Atlanta was incredible, but I have little desire to see it again. I really hope he finishes this tour, all scheduled dates played, on NYE in Vegas. End THIS INSANE Chinese Democracy saga where it began.

Going forward, without new music, my new Gnr experience has come to an end. It ended well but it's time to move on from Chinese Democracy. 10 years is enough. 5

I know it's weird. You guys aren't the only ones i've heard this stuff from. It's strange certain fans in the U.S. wanted a U.S. tour for so long, but little did they know they wanted it for a proper, happy closure. The way it should be.

It's great to see GN'R out there kicking ass, having a great tour. But the other night when Axl said that "this is a band" comment, or something similar on TMS, it was kinda like "yeah right". I understand all these guys are boys and play together, but without any real collaborative music representing them... they're not a band. They stay Axl Rose's backing band.

I noticed that Orlando Sentinel review, and there were a couple others that stated, "Axl Rose and his newest group of no-names". A pretty blunt, and true statement. And the only person to blame for that now, in the past, and in the future... is Axl himself.

It is completely his fault that guys like Ron Thal & Frank Ferrer & Tommy Stinson aren't household names under the Guns N' Roses moniker. hmm

Best of luck to the both of you guys, hopefully you two won't totally take off. You would both certaintly be very missed.

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

Hi, am from Indonesia, there's so much rumor, GNR will be come to Indonesia,Jakarta ard Augustus 2012, below is the link, guys if this news is legit, am telling you this will be fuckin damn great man heheheh
http://suciptoardi.wordpress.com/2011/1 … i-jakarta/

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
terrayrose wrote:

Hi, am from Indonesia, there's so much rumor, GNR will be come to Indonesia,Jakarta ard Augustus 2012, below is the link, guys if this news is legit, am telling you this will be fuckin damn great man heheheh
http://suciptoardi.wordpress.com/2011/1 … i-jakarta/

I have to say, that's the first I've heard of that.  If true, looks like they'd have a bit of a break after the US ends till the summer.  Early to speculate, but hope it's true for your sake.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

thanks guys, am GNR fans since i was 12, and until now its always fuckin happy to support Axl/GNR, ussualy am always jamming on HTTG,mygnrforum.gnrdaily.com and more, but in Indonesia there's no site special for GNR, am too lazy for create web fans hehehe, i will findthe way how to send my collection GNR, anyway am still hoping that GNR will come to Indonesia, Jakarta, last time Iron maiden come, they hv almost 90.000 ppl on the arena and its fuckin great, Bruce as a pilot for his Jet hehehehe, nice to see you guys and for almost 15years just reading topic watching viceo from you guys, its now time for me for giving you guys fuckin asshole comment hehehehehehe....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Best of luck on those shows. Hope it's true...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
terrayrose wrote:

until now its always fuckin happy to support Axl/GNR

I get to give first KARMA!!!!!!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Tickets onsale for 17 dollars a piece general admission. LOL glad i didn't buy full price tickets. Kinda shitty for people who have.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Nice work...hope u have a killer show!

Does seem disturbingly cheap for tickets though.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

17.50 per ticket that includes General Admission!!!

Damn service charge is almost more than ticket.

Board footer