You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

monkeychow wrote:

That's a worry to me. If the promoters get burned too hard on this kind of thing it could lead to less tours etc.

Still, from an end user point of view you've made a killing!

Insane to see the whole show for under $20, can't remember what I paid last year but I think it was at least $100!!!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

just wonder what people who already paid 90 bucks a pop are gonna think about this?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

just wonder what people who already paid 90 bucks a pop are gonna think about this?

Well, if they don't now about it, it won't be an issue.  If it's well publicized, then that could be a different story.  The show is well worth $90, so if word doesn't get out that they could've had tickets for much cheaper, I don't think it'll be an issue.  That is a worry I had with my tickets.  I had a group of 9 going to the show, and worried that tickets would be scalping in the parking lot for much less than face value.  Didn't become an issue though, and the show made everyone forget about the ticket price once and for all.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's a worry to me. If the promoters get burned too hard on this kind of thing it could lead to less tours etc.

Still, from an end user point of view you've made a killing!

Insane to see the whole show for under $20, can't remember what I paid last year but I think it was at least $100!!!

Yeah but you have to remember... the only reason GN'R are doing this tour in the states, assumingly, is because Irving is picking up the tab, per the court agreement.

Don't know about everyone else, but my ticket said "AEG Live presents GUNS N' ROSES".

Promoters in the states haven't been willing to touch GN'R in years, mainly imo for that Axl can typically only draw about 10,000 people to an arena show. Less in smaller areas. Now is that bad... no. It's better than small theaters, but at the same time, a promoter is not gonna take a chance on a band that doesn't turn a profit either.

I still have a very hard time believing that GN'R can't turn a profit. Anywhere in the world. hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

My ticket said "Live Nation present Guns N' Roses".  I think they have various promoters and sponsors.  I know Monster Energy is a sponsor for sure.  But you do have a valid point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Tickets onsale for 17 dollars a piece general admission. LOL glad i didn't buy full price tickets. Kinda shitty for people who have.

For what show?

Nashville

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Gee, what it must be like to live in a country where  albums cost the same as bottle of coke and concerts cost almost the same as train fares.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Gee, what it must be like to live in a country where  albums cost the same as bottle of coke and concerts cost almost the same as train fares.

+1
ticket prices in uk, even for mediocre semi famous bands are fucking disgusting.  wonder how many people have their fingers in the pie

Board footer