You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

faldor wrote:

Touring brings in cash.  Cash is seemingly needed to fund future albums.  I for one would rather see the band active than inactive, so I'm not about to complain about what we don't have.

As little as it may seem, they did add Estranged and Civil War to the set last time out, maybe they'll dig into the vault a bit more.  Better yet, if a new album is anywhere close to completion they could break out a new song possibly.  These dates coming out now, or at least prior to the RNRHOF induction is letting people no AGAIN, no reunion.  I'm sure people will continue to bring it up though.  We'll probably even hear some say that a reunited GNR will be the ones playing these European dates.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Naltav wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Did I miss something, are they dropping a new album, or is it the same Chinese democracy tour again?

I've noticed Metallica are planning a tour of Europe in the coming months. I have heard they're also gonna be recording during 2012.

So are they touring Death Magnetic from 2008? No, the Lou Reed album doesen't count! No, they're touring with their hits (actually they're litteraly touring The Black Album from 1991, playing the whole album start to finish!) and playing songs the fans want to hear and see.

Last time I saw Metallica I actually was a little bored. Seemed like the same ol' routine, nothing really grabbed me.

The time before though I really enjoyed it. They played master of puppets the whole way through. I'd quite like to see them play the black album all through as part of the download festival.

I hope playing estranged and civil war has encouraged Axl to think about playing more uyi tracks. Because if there is no new album then I'd like to see breakdown, locomotive, pretty tied up etc in the set. That would get me really excited!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Touring brings in cash.  Cash is seemingly needed to fund future albums.  I for one would rather see the band active than inactive, so I'm not about to complain about what we don't have.

You cannot be serious. The album is fucking done. It's been done for years, if not more.

So you're telling me that Axl's gotta tour because Uni isn't gonna even pony up to promote what already exists because they're still pissed over CD?

Bullshit

Either A) Axl doesn't have any intentions of new material, or B) Uni is blackmailing Axl into a reunion (what i've speculated all these years).

I'd lean to A. Uni likes making money, and a new album is guaranteed to make SOME money, even if it's not popular and sucks.

Total horseshit. All we should be hearing is, "new track", "album comes out in May". That's it. Europe doesn't need a THIRD Chinese tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Seminal rock icons GUNS N' ROSES are set to invade New York during fashion week with a series of intimate shows then continue with additional stops through the northeast, announced today. Six shows confirmed so far including the historic return to The Ritz (now Webster Hall), 24 years after the filming of their heralded "Live At The Ritz" — the MTV concert continues to be one of the most sought after trades in bootleg circles. For the Webster Hall date, GN'R will celebrate their return by reclaiming the venue as The Ritz with signage and the name appearing on the marquee. The New York takeover in February marks the first time the band will appear at Roseland and Terminal 5, beginning on February 10, 2012. Full list of dates below.

Ticket presale is set for Tuesday, January 31 at 10:00 a.m. ET for the New York run, public on-sale is Wednesday, February 1. Chicago, Silver Spring and Atlantic City presale is Wednesday, February 1 at 10:00 a.m. EST, with public on-sale Friday, February 3. Tickets and VIP packages for all six dates will be available at GunsNRoses.com.

Tour Dates:

February 10 - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY
February 12 - Terminal 6 - New York, NY
February 15 - The Ritz (Webster Hall) - New York, NY
February 19 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
February 23 - The Fillmore - Silver Spring, MD
February 24 - House of Blues - Atlantic City, NJ

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Cool for you guys in the US near there, means fuck all to me unfortunately. Hardly something to be cryptic and "wait until Monday" for either.

Good they are still doing shit, hopefully nu-shit though somewhere along the line.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is supposed to be today's big announcement:

February 10 - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY
February 12 - Terminal 6 - New York, NY
February 15 - The Ritz (Webster Hall) - New York, NY
February 19 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
February 23 - The Fillmore - Silver Spring, MD
February 24 - House of Blues - Atlantic City, NJ

It's really too bad that they couldn't have announced this a few weeks ago. I really don't think I'll be able to plan and execute a trip to Chicago on such short notice.

If something else happens during these dates (new songs, announcement of next album), I guess that's kinda cool. Pluss it's a bit larger venues than those intimate shows from 2010, so that fans actually have a chance to go see them. But like Russ said, too bad this announcement comes so close to the actual gigs!
hmm

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I will be trying for Chicago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Six shows confirmed so far including the historic return to The Ritz (now Webster Hall), 24 years after the filming of their heralded "Live At The Ritz" — the MTV concert continues to be one of the most sought after trades in bootleg circles. For the Webster Hall date, GN'R will celebrate their return by reclaiming the venue as The Ritz with signage and the name appearing on the marquee

why the fuck would they do this? It just highlights that its not the same band all over again..

Board footer