You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Interesting Tidbit from Steven Tyler's autobiography

Axlin16 wrote:

And in fairness to Axl and the band.... no body reports "punctuality" or "earliness".

Guess it's not 'sensational' enough.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

I believe they went on early in Japan, or at least on time.  In the 8-9 range at least.  It does happen from time to time.

The jet-lag, probably.

wink

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

What makes it all even more farcical is how the band is backstage primed and ready to go at showtime, and Axl is still back in his hotel room getting a footrub, shoulder massage and hair straightened by the Lebeis clan - and sometimes not in the same country!

I was talking to a writer from rock music station recently and on the subject of the GNR late appearance fine clause at Rock In Rio he said

"Bands have to take into account that fans have paid money for a ticket and that transport at the end of a show may be limited. In my opinion Axl has lost sight of the fans, and treating them in the way he does is disrespectful. There will only be one winner, and it won't be him when the fans stop going to his shows."

If GNR are revisiting the same territories next year, I wonder how well a UK tour would sell. They are lucky the tickets for the UK tour were sold long before the shitstorm of Reading, Leeds and Dublin cause GNR's already iffy reputation was battered from pillar to post in the aftermath.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I was talking to a writer from rock music station recently and on the subject of the GNR late appearance fine clause at Rock In Rio he said

"Bands have to take into account that fans have paid money for a ticket and that transport at the end of a show may be limited. In my opinion Axl has lost sight of the fans, and treating them in the way he does is disrespectful. There will only be one winner, and it won't be him when the fans stop going to his shows."

The thing is though, people have been saying that for years now and GNR is still touring and enough people are still buying tickets.  So while those comments may have some credence, it certainly hasn't gotten to that point yet.  And if it ever does, Axl could easily just call it a day.  I don't think that'd be too heartbreaking for him.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Define buying enough tickets?  We know how the US went last time and I thought I remembered reading they weren't selling as well in Europe either the last time around...

Sky Dog wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not gonna get into a Buzz-like debate, but eventually fans will give it a rest.

Axl can only fuck over fans with a fake GN'R for so long. There's a timeclock ticking down on that - guaranteed.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well, he`s doing it for over 10 years now.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

only thing that pisses me off is if they have a curfew and instead of cutting the boring ass solos... He cuts actual songs we want to hear.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Faldor.. how many half empty arenas were on the last US Tour??

Doing well is Bon Jovi, U2,Metallica

GNR aren' doing Motley/Poison numbers.

Board footer