You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: U2 last show for the 360 tour in Moncton July 30 2011

gnfnraxl wrote:

Well last night I attended my very 1st U2 show on their last show of the tour.  80000 people attended this special event.  First off I was VERY impressed by the stage, lights, effects and mostly the band.  While I didn't hate U2 I wouldn't have called myself a huge fan before.  I liked them but nothing special.  After the show I got out a bigger fan and I have a huge amount of respect now for The Edge as a guitarist.  Even Bono (The lead singer not the forum member) always came off to me as a bona fide superstar who was an asshole, well not last night.  He came off as a very down to earth guy who remembers where they started as a band and thanked the fans for giving them the life they have.  And it showed he appreciated the fans.  A 2 and a half hour show I'll never forget.  And for those interested here is the setlist.

1.Even Better Than The Real Thing
2.The Fly
3.Mysterious Ways
4.Until The End Of The World / Anthem (snippet)
5.I Will Follow
6.Get On Your Boots
7.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Springhill Mining Disaster (snippet)
8.Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
9.Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
10.Elevation
11.Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12.Miss Sarajevo
13.Zooropa
14.City Of Blinding Lights
15.Vertigo
16.Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet)
17.Sunday Bloody Sunday
18.Scarlet
19.Walk On

Encore(s):

20.One
21.Hallelujah (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
22.Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
23.With Or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
24.Moment of Surrender
25.Out Of Control

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Fucking awesome dude. Glad you had a great time and your opinion reflects that of most everyone I know who sees them in concert. Even if you're not a big fan you can't help but appreciate them so much more after seeing them live. I mean I have freind who are not fans at all one who has now seen them 3 times and the other twice and both have travelled with em to see them because it is such an awesome event unlike most any other concert. I even had one hater friend (This_Guy for those who remember him from mygnr) come to a show in Vancouver and be moved to tears during One. I'm not joking.

I posted this in the U2 thread but I'll repost it here cause it's fucking awesome. Would be great if they could release this version as a single when they rerelease Achtung Baby later this year
[youtube]ytHNBz1VIyk&feature=feedu[/youtube]

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15577-u2- … e-reissues

U2 Celebrate Twenty Years of 'Achtung Baby' With Five Reissues
By Tim Cashmere

U2 are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their pivotal 1991 album ‘Achtung Baby’ with a spectacular array of box sets spanning five different formats.

The album was described by Bono at the time as “the sound of four men chopping down The Joshua Tree”, in reference to the band’s courageous binning of their sound up until then.

The set comes in five versions:

1. The Uber Deluxe Version, which features a “magnetic puzzle tiled box” with six CDs including the original ‘Achtung Baby’ album, the (not so acclaimed) follow up album ‘Zooropa’, B-sides, remixes, “re-workings” (whatever that means), previously unheard material from the ‘Achtung Baby’ sessions, four DVDs including ‘From The Sky Down’, ‘Zoo TV: Live From Sydney’, all the videos from ‘Achtung Baby’ and “bonus material”, a double vinyl pressing of the album and five clear 7” vinyl singles, 16 art prints from the original album sleeve, an 84-page hardback book, a copy of “Propaganda Magazine”, four badges, a sticker sheet and a pair of the “fly” sunnies that Bono wears, so you too can look like a twat.

2. The Super Deluxe Edition has the same six CDs and four CDs as above, a 92 page hardback book (although it doesn’t explain what’s different between this one and the 84-page book found in the other version), as well as the sixteen art prints.

3. The Vinyl Box Set features four LPs, two of which are in translucent blue wax with remixes and B-Sides, as well as a sixteen page booklet.

4. The Deluxe Edition is a double CD reissue of the album including B-sides and rarities.

5. The Standard CD is just a reissue of the original album.

You can pre-order the lot from http://achtungbaby.u2.com/. They’ll be shipped out to you from October 31st.

Board footer