You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: YouTube channel Guns N`Roses & Slash Videos

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

If anyone wants any of my videos of you tube or whole show let me know and I'll upload them and put them in the download section

AtariLegend wrote:

Although Rock AM had the better show overall, this was deffinetly my favorite "Paradise City" from that era.

It's really interesting how that Download show evolved, the 16 years pissed  on it (litterally with bottles) then pissed off during the first half of the show.

Once Bumblefoot played that sweet guitar bridge on Better, some of them changed their tune and he one some of the dickheads over. By the time Izzy appeared, Axl seemed alot happier and relaxed too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely THE BEST Paradise City from that era. I actually have never ever liked the new band's take on Paradise City, but that was the one time where it was just fucking on.

Axl's voice was SO MUCH better in 2006 than it is in 2011 (short of a few shows here in there during the NA tour; I was lucky to get "strong Axl" at my show)

But his voice was far more consistent in 2006-07 & 2010. Those years are lightyears ahead of 2001-02 & 2011.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

God, I miss this, it was so great... according to Axl, the band was dying at this point, but  I just don't see it. They're having fun and performing with so much feel, energy and musicianship!

[youtube]MGsdgLaf_fo&feature=related[/youtube]

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm with ya.....good stuff.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

God, I miss this, it was so great... according to Axl, the band was dying at this point, but  I just don't see it. They're having fun and performing with so much feel, energy and musicianship!

[youtube]MGsdgLaf_fo&feature=related[/youtube]

Axl is full of shit. The band was only dying, because Slash was starting to get wise to his shit and starting to resent him at this point (and I fully don't blame him). Duff, Gilby & Matt too.

But THE BAND was tight. That's the thing Axl forgets. Axl is NOT THE FUCKING BAND!

The band LOVED each other. Axl was the fucking nutbag.

Slash & Duff were also pissed as fucking hell when Axl abruptly fired Gilby, when Slash & Gilby were already writing the next GN'R album, and Axl wanted to hire Paul and force Slash to write with him.

Some of that shit when can blame Doug for, but is fully Axl's delusional fault and he'll have an eternal FUCK YOU from me on that time period. He was acting like a dictating asshole during those days.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That 2006 PC is pretty bad ass. Axl sounds amazing. Really don't like Robin's take on the bridge though. It's not even in time, he hits the resolving note stupidly late, sounds like he fucked up...not sure if he did or he just likes to do that. If the 2006 RAR or DL shows had had DJ they'd be beyond amazing shows. Robin just drops the ball here for me. Alternatively if Axl can recapture his 2006 era voice then we'd see some serious shit with the current line up.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Some of that shit when can blame Doug for, but is fully Axl's delusional fault and he'll have an eternal FUCK YOU from me on that time period. He was acting like a dictating asshole during those days.

Still is. 16

Board footer