You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Your arguement that the Illusions won't be aknowledged though is just silly. End of story. Like I said it would  be like not aknowledegding U2's Achtung Baby/Zooropa era and the consequet Zoo TV tour. No way in hell the Illusion era is not aknowledged.

First of all, learn to spell. It's argument. Second of all, I didn't argue that they wouldn't acknowledge it. I merely asked a hypothetical question. "Who says they'll acknowledge it at all?" That's not an argument since I was just throwing a possible scenario out there. However, I did argue that they wouldn't acknowledge the drummer and keyboardist who rode the coattails of the other 4 guys that were actually there for AFD. They'll induct the original 5, if they induct them at all.

Seriously you're pointing out spelling errors now? Incredibly weak man. Actually that's pathetic.  To even suggest that the Illusions may not be aknowledegd in the legacy of Gn'R is just dumb and you know it. Otherwise you'd not take the time to point out a spelling error.  If that was in any way relevant to this you shoud've said somehting ages ago as my posts are always laced with typeos.  Whatever floats your boat though.

No, I just got sick of you repeatedly misspelling that word over and over and over and over again on this board. I've seen you do it constantly and this time around it bothered me because you accused me of making an "arguement" when I was merely throwing a hypothetical out there for others to consider. If you're going to put words in people's mouths, at least learn to fucking spell.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it is spelled right if you are Canadian tongue (or British or any english speaking country besides the USA)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. CD is a huge part of GN'R's legacy. You want to put Gilby in for appearing in some music videos and doing a tour and replaced Izzy on some covers. Sorry, Tommy deserves to get in with GN'R if Gilby is in.

And, Matt and Gilby were there collecting paychecks too. But Tommy actually contributed to original Gn'R songs. Tommy is way more deserving than Gilby. You just like that line up more and hate the new line up.

And sorry again, CD was well received by critics and sold very well.

And yes, I know you're going to respond with another obnoxious, profanity laced, unnecessarily angry post. Have at it...

bucket

Nobody gives a rats ass about CD era Guns N' Roses when it comes to the RRHOF. Only a handful of Gn'R fanboys online.  If people are even crazy enough to argue that the Illusions won't be aknowledegd what on god's green earth makes you think the CD era even has a sniff. The CD era means nothing in this  conversation of the RRHOF. Seriously it means nothing.

Seriously, nobody gives a rat's ass what a bitter old line up fan thinks, either.  hmm

And his point, from what I gather, is that AFD had everything to do with people buying those UYI albums the day they came out.

If you went by sales numbers, they were at the height of their fame at AFD.   

Neemo wrote:

it is spelled right if you are Canadian  (or British or any english speaking country besides the USA)

You weirdos like to throw "U's" into everything, too.  Colour... Pfftt.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

axl
slash
duff
izzy
its just out of who should play drum id say matt coz stevens that drug fucked he wouldnt now one end of the stick from the other dont know why you would have gilby in it he only played on the their worst album TSI

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Supposedly they announce inductees around December, so only a couple months to find out if they're in or not. Kinda funny. I was looking at last year's nominees and Bon Jovi was nominated (not inducted), but they were dropped from the nominee list this time around. How pissed will Jon be if GN'R gets in before his band? I still remember him ranting about how they are still a big touring act, yet everyone in the media seems to focus on Axl/GN'R.

Being a diehard Bon Jovi and GNR fan.. I can say GNR belong in ahead of Bon Jovi. They def have better music/songs on the whole, more complex/deep etc..

Now whose career would i rather have?? Def Bon Jovi.

Speak of which; you're thoughts on Hugh?

Hugh McDonald??

NO

He still till this day isn't considered a "Member" of Bon Jovi session/touring member.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Not once did I deny the fact Gn'R had a better five year run BUT Bon Jovi has had a WAY better 30 year run.

No they didn't. Their music doesn't hold up worth a damn, whereas GN'R put out timeless classics that still kick ass even today. Bon Jovi has made a lot of money. So does Britney Spears.

Bono wrote:

Also I'll go to my gave saying Bon Jovi is a  way better band than  Nirvana ever was. Just because Rolling Stone put Cobain on the cover and called him the voice of a generation doesn't mean shit. yeah they helped changed the musical landscape and yes they deserve to be in the hall of fame but if anyone says they'd take Nirvana's career over Bon Jovi's I'll just assume you're high as a kite.  Why would you? So you can have a legacy to thump your chest about?

Nirvana is certainly overrated but still a hell of a lot better than Bon Jovi. 100 years from now, people won't give a shit about Bon Jovi selling a lot of records or making a lot of money on tour. The music is the thing that will be judged over time.

Completely disagree.. Prayer and Wanted Hold up just as well today as they did in 86/87.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seriously, nobody gives a rat's ass what a bitter old line up fan thinks, either.  hmm

Seriously what makes you think the CD era has anyting to do with their nomination whatsoever?  I could LOVE the new era and CD itself and I still wouldn't think those guys deserve to be in the hall under the Gn'R banner.  It played NO part at all in their nomination.  I like the new band, have always liked the band but they don't deserve to be in the RRHOF under the Gn'R name. 

It would be like U2 breaking up, Bono assembling a  new band then taking 12 years to release an album that nobody cared about and then those new guys get inducted as U2 right along side The Edge, Larry and Adam. Seems pretty ridiculous doesn't it? 

Seriously Robin being inducted right along side Slash as Guns N' Roses?  14

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

No they didn't. Their music doesn't hold up worth a damn, whereas GN'R put out timeless classics that still kick ass even today. Bon Jovi has made a lot of money. So does Britney Spears.

Completely disagree.. Prayer and Wanted Hold up just as well today as they did in 86/87.

As does Runaway, I believe, Always, bed of Roses, I'll be there for You, You Give Love, Blaze of Glory, Wild is the Wind, etc etc etc. Not to mention the hugely underrated These Days album. And their new songs Have a Nice Day, and It's My Life are pretty damn popular. Bon Jovi's music holds up no question.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

You just like that line up more and hate the new line up.:

Absolutely laughable that you even say this. Honestly not once in the history of my online postings have I ever said I hate the new lineup. In fact for years I've prasied he new lineup.  On many occasions I've said I'd love the new lineup to find a new singer so we could actually see this band do something productive rather than waste away while Axl twidles his thumbs.  I never once complained about the old band breaking up when it happened and was in fact always very excited to see what the new band was gonna do. My complaint over the years has been  Axl wasting 15 years doing next to nothing. that's what I hate. Not the lineup.  I always wanted the new era of Guns to take off whoever the members were but it's never happend because one guy won't let it happen. Don't tell me I hate the new lineup cause that's just a  flat out lie. Where did you even come up with that shit? Having said that if it's another ten years of the same old, same old then hell yes I'd rather see a reunion.

It has nothing to do with what I like more. It has everything to with what makes sense and inducting CD era members into the hall makes ZERO sense.

Board footer