You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:

Didn't see this posted. If it is, sue me. tongue

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=163821

Would be surprising if they don't get in on the first ballot. There are quite a few comments on the Blabbermouth article complaining that GN'R wasn't around long enough. I didn't realize that career length had anything to do with it. It's called the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of Longevity. GN'R were the biggest rock band on the planet for at least 3 years and arguably longer than that. There are very few rock artists in history that can legitimately make this claim and back it up with album/ticket sales.

And it's not like we're dealing with some bullshit Nickelback band here that is popular but has a lame, repetitive sound. The GN'R sound kicks ass (combo of AC/DC, Sex Pistols, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Queen, Elton John, etc.). To top that off you have a very unique voice and a very unique guitar sound as well. If it weren't for the band's enormous success, some of the d-bags that complain about them would be singing high praise for them. Before SCOM became such a huge success, the band was one of "those" underground type bands that had a great reputation because their music kicked ass and they were known to put on a hell of a live show. Their popularity doesn't change the quality of their music, which was stellar.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … e-20110927

they may get in up against that competition.....Beasties, Gnr, RHCP should be 3 of the 5.

I think it would have been cool if The Replacements were on the ballot as well. Oh well...maybe next time.

Sky Dog wrote:

who cares what anyone says on Blabbermouth...really? Blabbermouth?

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

If they get on the ballot, and manage to get voted in, I am totally going to Cleveland to watch them get in.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

If they get on the ballot, and manage to get voted in, I am totally going to Cleveland to watch them get in.

But who will show up? Steven for sure. Slash maybe. Duff maybe. Izzy and Axl? No chance.

Sky Dog wrote:

Adler's Appetite will do the performance.......maybe he can get Traci Guns to play all the songs he wrote. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It'll be Sammy Hagar and Mike Anthony doing a cover.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff...now the moment of truth...we wait and see what the vote count shows

Board footer