You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff should be up there... all the rest are just shit on their shoes.

Axl wont go, Izzy probably wont, so I'd rather see Slash and Duff accept on their own,  the rest of the coat tail riding motherfuckers can buy a ticket like the rest of us 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff should be up there... all the rest are just shit on their shoes.

Axl wont go, Izzy probably wont, so I'd rather see Slash and Duff accept on their own,  the rest of the coat tail riding motherfuckers can buy a ticket like the rest of us 22

IF it happens, this is probably how it happens.  I have thought of the possibility that none of them go though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, Axlin, I'm just responding to the same people, saying the same stuff, over and over again. There's no reason to be as abrasive as Bono has. If you think the way he responds to people is okay, then have at it. Frankly, I don't care who did what back at MyGNR, all I know is now, and nearly every thread gets bogged down by pointless bullshit. And Bono is right there doing it, calling people stupid, or fucked when they express their opinion, or say anything he disagrees with. Sorry, I didn't insult him. I actually respect his opinion, but not the way he expresses it. If you don't agree with him, he throws an obnoxious tantrum.

And when posts are changed that call this band Axl instead of GN'R, and constantly baiting people when bashing Robin, I consider that childish, disrespectful bullshit. I was not disrespectful to anyone in this thread. Some people I guess can't handle differing opinions, and cannot keep a level of respect when discussing this band.

No bias. If you ACTUALLY READ WHAT I SAID you would see that I said Tommy should get in IF Gilby does. Not hard to understand, at least I thought. Made my argument very clear and respectfully. That's what our argument was about. I wish you would have read that before you started your lecture, man.

And no, nobody really cares what an old line up fan thinks. Or at least about as much as they care about my opinion. Sorry. And you can save your "real fan" or "real GN'R" bullshit for some lengthy, indepth convo with jarmo. Again... Have at it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Seriously dude? Seriously? I think you need some more time to think about what you recently typed several hours ago.

This is beneath you as well. Same shit as Bono. I posted a hypothetical. I didn't actually argue in favor of it. Merely presented the idea.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This is probably the only place where the old vs new debate isn't really over.  Most fans of the old band now understand that nothing that happens in GnR now will tarnish what the "real" band accomplished.  So the only issue now is that they don't want the new band getting recognition for what the old band did.  And fans of the new band want people to recognize them as Guns N' Roses.

So the HoF induction whenever it happens may mean more to the fans than it does to either band at this point.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Seriously dude? Seriously? I think you need some more time to think about what you recently typed several hours ago.

This is beneath you as well. Same shit as Bono. I posted a hypothetical. I didn't actually argue in favor of it. Merely presented the idea.

My God!  Don't post hypothetical questions if you don't wanna start a discussing on said subject. Holy crap.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My God!  Don't post hypothetical questions if you don't wanna start a discussing on said subject. Holy crap.

I've got no problem discussing it. I do have a problem with y'all calling me crazy when I pretty clearly said I felt the UYI albums were classics. Whether other people outside the fanbase feel that way is the question I was asking.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, Axlin, I'm just responding to the same people, saying the same stuff, over and over again. There's no reason to be as abrasive as Bono has. If you think the way he responds to people is okay, then have at it. Frankly, I don't care who did what back at MyGNR, all I know is now, and nearly every thread gets bogged down by pointless bullshit. And Bono is right there doing it, calling people stupid, or fucked when they express their opinion, or say anything he disagrees with. Sorry, I didn't insult him. I actually respect his opinion, but not the way he expresses it. If you don't agree with him, he throws an obnoxious tantrum.

And when posts are changed that call this band Axl instead of GN'R, and constantly baiting people when bashing Robin, I consider that childish, disrespectful bullshit. I was not disrespectful to anyone in this thread. Some people I guess can't handle differing opinions, and cannot keep a level of respect when discussing this band.

No bias. If you ACTUALLY READ WHAT I SAID you would see that I said Tommy should get in IF Gilby does. Not hard to understand, at least I thought. Made my argument very clear and respectfully. That's what our argument was about. I wish you would have read that before you started your lecture, man.

And no, nobody really cares what an old line up fan thinks. Or at least about as much as they care about my opinion. Sorry. And you can save your "real fan" or "real GN'R" bullshit for some lengthy, indepth convo with jarmo. Again... Have at it.

14 I just read the whole thing. the people who start throwing insults are you and tejastech08, You with your "bitter old band fan" Comment, you telling me I hate the new lineup and tejastech08 with his "learn to fucking spell" bullshit. We're on a  Gn'R site and Im getting chastized for tossing in the ocasional swear word.  So I guess when I say "Nobody gives a fuck about the CD era when it comes to the RRHOF" That's me being disrespectful to you?  I should have left the F word out and it would all be  good?  I guess when I say people's opinion that CD era should be inducted is an opinion that's way beyond me is pretty rude as well?  I should just accept it and not say anything?

get over it dude. read back and ask yoursefl who's bitter and who's being disrespectful. Shit even I saw russtcb the other day take a random shot at "the same old people will look for somehting to complain about"  Nobody complained about anything but there he is whining that people will. It's like I have said for a while now, some of you seriously are drawn to things that aren't necessarily negative yet things you percieve as negative and amplify them.  A lot fo you have really lost touch with what's an objective view and what's legitimately negative.

Bono

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I've got no problem discussing it. I do have a problem with y'all calling me crazy when I pretty clearly said I felt the UYI albums were classics. Whether other people outside the fanbase feel that way is the question I was asking.

Look at this dude

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Who says they will even acknowledge UYI at all? To the media, the most memorable aspect of it was the fact that they went on the longest tour ever and had all kinds of controversy surrounding it. The critical reception of UYI was very mixed compared to AFD. If they make it in, I think it will only be the AFD lineup.

Ummm... UYI is a huge reason Gn'R are who they are. First band ever to enter the charts with two albums in the top two spots. the hysteria surrounding those albums was insane. You honestly think when talking about Guns N' Roses and thier legacy that the illusion albums won't be in the conversation? November Rain is on those albusma nd November Rain is arguebaly their most popular song ever.  UYI are definitly going to be aknowledged.

That is my original response to your hyppthetical question. At what point did I call you crazy? I simply said the Illusion WILL be aknowledegd. Read along a  little furtehr and all I did was compare not aknowledging the Illusion era to not aknowledging U2's Achtung Baby era. the highest level of disrespect I showed you was saying it's silly to suggest the Illusion albums won't be aknowledegd. I called you dumb after you made a bullshit comment about a spelling mistake telling me "learn to fucking spell"

So take off the blinders go back and see who's actually being disrespectful. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you don't post at all.  In my opinion we were having a good discussion untill you said "First of all learn to fucking spell"

Board footer